THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Wracks body building

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RCZ
Kabalite Warrior
RCZ

Wracks body building Empty
PostSubject: Wracks body building   Wracks body building I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19 2015, 12:15

Hola amigos,
i wanna suggest you an experiment of the latest days.
When i will have the opportunity i'll take some photos of my results and share, although i am not a very good painter as you, but it is the modelling part that is important.

I've found a fast solution to two major issue of wracks:
1) they're too much crazy priced
2) they're waaaay tooo skinny to be drug-pumped crazy beasts (especially legs and low chest).

The solution is this: kitbash 'em with that small kit of chaos cultist (sold at 8€ in store). My local store manager suggested it to me and wow! with a small amount of cut&sew you'll have 10 wracks (instead of 5) and they will look way more body pumped. In particular you've to cut and sew legs with torsos to mix them well and scrap away faces to adapt and put on the wracks masks.

I'll take soon some photos with my s##tty nokia cellphone and post here...
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Wracks body building   Wracks body building I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19 2015, 13:04

Amigo? Aren't you Italian?

Wink

Anyway: that's a nice idea. Let us have a look afterwards.

Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Wracks body building   Wracks body building I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20 2015, 18:48

The thing is, Wracks aren't any stronger than normal Dark Eldar, and apparently lack the energy to even fleet (clearly their drugs don't include steroids of any kind...). So, I'm not really surprised that they don't look very pumped. It would probably be weirder if they did - as you'd have these huge, hulking monsters hitting with the strength of guardsman. Neutral

Nevertheless, I'd be interested to see your conversions.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Wracks body building   Wracks body building I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20 2015, 20:31

I too, seek a way to get them cheaper.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Wracks body building   Wracks body building I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20 2015, 20:35

Jimsolo wrote:
I too, seek a way to get them cheaper.

I did too... until I read their rules. Wink
Back to top Go down
RCZ
Kabalite Warrior
RCZ

PostSubject: Re: Wracks body building   Wracks body building I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21 2015, 18:03

This is my attempt to both take a shot of the wracks (do not complain about the quality, ehi, it's nokia) and post it on there:

Wracks body building Img_2011

Wracks body building Img_2012

Wracks body building Img_2013

As you can see the wracks took with this kitbash a major improvement in the "come at me bro" general feeling, also they became a little ...uhm... toughter maybe? The aforementioned kit is this:
http://www.games-workshop.com/it-IT/Cultisti-del-Caos
sold at around 8 euros, mostly because it has only few pieces. The above wracks was obtained cut and sewing wracks torsos on cultist legs and vice-versa.

Wracks body building Img_2014

Wracks body building Img_2015

Wracks body building Img_2016

However, i forgive for the bad quality of both painting and photograph. In total this wracks costed me around 38 euro, in a GW shop near my house. The funny part is that was the owner of the shop that suggested me the kitbashing in order to do not spend 60 euros on them. Maybe could be useful for those that want to put on a scalpel squadron quickly.

Ah, do not appoint on the equipmente (ie: there is a wrack with both ossectactor and scissorhands maybe) but my meta is very proxy oriented and dont exactly care as wysiwyg, or, however it is being usually accorded before the game.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Wracks body building   Wracks body building I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21 2015, 23:07

Sorry, can't see anything. Way too small.
Back to top Go down
RCZ
Kabalite Warrior
RCZ

PostSubject: Re: Wracks body building   Wracks body building I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24 2015, 10:04

the miniatures are links to full size images. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wracks body building   Wracks body building I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wracks body building
Page 1 of 1