THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Current Meta?

Go down 
+2
Thor665
PyTheNinja
6 posters
AuthorMessage
PyTheNinja
Slave
PyTheNinja

Current Meta? Empty
PostSubject: Current Meta?   Current Meta? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20 2015, 04:46

Hello there,
I'm thinking about getting back into Dark Eldar and am wondering what the current meta is and where I should try to start
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

Current Meta? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Meta?   Current Meta? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20 2015, 07:38

The game meta is shifting too fast nowadays to keep clean track.

The current codex meta is to ally us with Craftworld Eldat.
If you want to go pure DE then I would say mechanized shooting with some assault tools is the current best build.

Back to top Go down
Viceroi_Corvenis
Hellion
Viceroi_Corvenis

Current Meta? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Meta?   Current Meta? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21 2015, 02:51

Grav weaponry is the new hotness for marines since their new codex dropped. A weapon that wounds on your armor save is great for Dark Eldar. Our MCs are 3+, but have FNP to fall back on.

I have 2 tau players in my local club, and their new codex drops in mere weeks. No telling what new cheese they will roll out.
Back to top Go down
PyTheNinja
Slave
PyTheNinja

Current Meta? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Meta?   Current Meta? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24 2015, 02:15

Everyone in my local group plays orks or guard or crons, no mech lists ever, some daemon kin but all infantry/combat lists
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

Current Meta? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Meta?   Current Meta? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24 2015, 09:17

PyTheNinja wrote:
Hello there,
I'm thinking about getting back into Dark Eldar and am wondering what the current meta is and where I should try to start

PyTheNinja wrote:
Everyone in my local group plays orks or guard or crons, no mech lists ever, some daemon kin but all infantry/combat lists

?

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Viceroi_Corvenis
Hellion
Viceroi_Corvenis

Current Meta? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Meta?   Current Meta? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24 2015, 13:45

Not much experience with necrons, but Orks are quite vulnerable to the leadership shenanigans that dark eldar can pull. Always try to get the charge on orks, never let them get the charge on you.

Advancing on guard blobs by footslogging is tantamount to suicide. It's a good thing all our vehicles can deep strike. If you want to maintain the local meta of mostly infantry, then try deep striking a blob of 20 Hellions. They are jump infantry, and can do that, plus that give you 40 shots of BS4 Poison(4+) to cull their numbers with.

How about flyers? Pick up a Razorwing kit. Fly on from reserves, and fire those missiles. They are large blasts, and will wreck horde armies.

Otherwise, a Venom with 2 Splinter Cannons puts out 12 shots per turn out to 36", and a Ravager with 3 Disintegrator Cannons puts out 9 S5 AP2 shots out to 36" as well. Those will put the hurt on meganobz.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

Current Meta? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Meta?   Current Meta? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31 2015, 22:10

You don't, and should not, care about the meta. You won't be playing anywhere close to hyper competitive minmaxed armies which is what the meta tracks.

If no one brings armour you can do pretty much whatever you want against these armies. You will roll face point for point if you just bring an archon/haemonculus and a bunch of kabalites in vehicles.

If your also not go going to bring vehicles then build a realspace raider detachment and bring scourges with splinter carbines and splinter cannons, or reavers. Hellions actually wouldn't be as bad as they are normally but scourges are better in every way for this use.
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

Current Meta? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Meta?   Current Meta? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01 2015, 15:15

The current meta is actually going to be different from area to area.    I just went to a tourney on Saturday.

30 People
20ish Knights.
4 all Knight players and a mixture of single knights.

Only 1 Fully Eldar player and 2 Had Eldar allies.    

From What I am seeing in my area Marines with Grav w\Knights are big and the occasional deamons summoning deamons.

My thoughts are Venoms with 5 warriors and blasters
Trueborn unit/Fire Dragons if you ally with Eldar.
Scourge w\Haywire Blasters
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Current Meta? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Meta?   Current Meta? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Current Meta?
Page 1 of 1