THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

What's your meta like?

Go down 
+13
HERO
ligolski
baster
cammy
Dogmar
SleepyPillow
Archon_Azathriel
mug7703
Aschen
Archon Farath Mure
GKP
Massaen
sgb69
17 posters
AuthorMessage
sgb69
Kabalite Warrior
sgb69

What's your meta like? Empty
PostSubject: What's your meta like?   What's your meta like? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11 2013, 00:05

More or less what it says on the tin. I'm curious folks, what you find yourself running into on a regular basis?

What is your metagame like? What do you do or bring in order to do well?

Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: What's your meta like?   What's your meta like? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11 2013, 00:14

Having just played (and won!) a 36 player tourney on the weekend...

I faced, mech IG, mixed wing dark angels, shooty SM allied with BA, tesla crons, termie LR GK, SM bike & flyer spam allied with BA

Quite a mixed bag! Top 3 were me, the marines I played round 3 then nids!!!

My list was the baron, 10 harlies, 2x3 true born, 4x5 warriors, 7 wyches, 6 venoms, 1 raider, 2 ravagers, 1 void raven

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
GKP
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: What's your meta like?   What's your meta like? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11 2013, 00:15

Space Marines. Everywhere. One Eldar Player, one Tyranid Player . With me joining up here, one DE player.
Back to top Go down
Archon Farath Mure
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: What's your meta like?   What's your meta like? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11 2013, 00:23

Mostly Marines and necrons, last time I was there. Only a few people actively powergame, too.

(11/5/2013: A few things have been added to the Kabal's fluff, most notably shifting their base of operations into the Webway, sort of, and adding an alliance with the Alpha Legion, or at least a few heads of the hydra.)
Back to top Go down
sgb69
Kabalite Warrior
sgb69

PostSubject: Re: What's your meta like?   What's your meta like? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11 2013, 00:39

Well, my gaming group follows a pretty basic formula.

Troops are almost always terminators or large blobs of cheap dudes. The only Tac squads we get are Grey Hunters or Purfiers.

Most lists take 1 to 2 walkers and cheap Tanks for fire support instead of Devastators. Most lists have only one speedy unit, like a bike squad or monstrous critter with wings or personal teleporter.

There's very little deepstriking, outflanking, or infiltrating. If it does happen, it's only with the smallest possible units. Most enemy troops have a hard time moving across the board. Fliers are rare, and if used at all there are never more than 2.

So, lots of shooting, only 1 or 2 credible melee threats, if that.

Since most people I play against have a static game plan my Dark Eldar usually put a large number of infantry and cheap vehicles with 36" range guns on the table. All the boats usually get Nightshields, so I count as 6" further away than normal. Inevitably the other guy moves forward, since my dudes are fragile and his 24" to 12" guns are best at killing me.

After about two turns of popping transports and weakening the fast CC unit the other half of my army starts to arrive on the enemy's back line via deepstrikes or turboboosting. Usually lots of Melta, Haywire, and CC in this half of the army. The plan usually being to assault his troops off of their objectives and then go to ground for the rest of the game.

tl;dr: Sheer goddamn speed. High risk, high reward. Few vehicles and buckets of infantry for me.

Sybarite
Aschen

PostSubject: Re: What's your meta like?   What's your meta like? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2013, 21:15

My "meta" is pretty nonexistent. There arent any real 'power lists" where I play, and the points levels are pretty low (usually 1000pt lists). The only recurring issues are vindicators, dreadnought drop pods, and land speeders up the ass.

I tend to bring something along the lines of

Sliscus
3x 5-man warrior squads with blasters in Venoms
1x 4 man squad of splinter cannon trueborn in Venom
2x DL Ravager
1x Dis Cannon Ravager
1x 6 man reaver w/ blasters
And have been testing out the bastion in my list. Start the duke in with the Trueborn, move the duke upstairs to man the gun..it works out pretty well
Back to top Go down
mug7703
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: What's your meta like?   What's your meta like? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13 2013, 02:29

I face a lot of Marine lists, a couple of Chaos and Demons players, a few Necron Players, several GK and IG players, two other DE players and a single Eldar player. I think someone plays Nids and there is someone else doing orks somewhere but I rarely see either of those armies at my club.
Back to top Go down
http://www.trevelyanharper.co.uk
Archon_Azathriel
Slave

PostSubject: Re: What's your meta like?   What's your meta like? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13 2013, 07:40

Been playing mainly within a small group: myself, my brother, and our mutual friend. Between us we have six armies: DE, Eldar, Tyranids, Necrons, SM and Tau. The armies range from around 1000 point lists to 2000 points (with a bit of a stretch). We're still getting used to the rules, I have a lot of things to paint, and I've been making a ton of terrain to make our games more variable and fun.

We focus on casual gameplay; winning is a goal of course but we don't power-game. We focus on what units we like and learning to use them to their best effect. I started collecting DE again recently, phasing out my old models because I'm a perfectionist.

Most of the time we tend to worry about one or two majorly annoying units in our opponent's army. Killing the Hammerhead or the Hive Tyrant or the Ravager seems to be more of a focus than objectives and using our lists effectively, but we're learning slowly Razz
Back to top Go down
Aschen
Sybarite
Aschen

PostSubject: Re: What's your meta like?   What's your meta like? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13 2013, 07:45

Having fun is the first and most important tactic.. from it stems every facet of the hobby. Without it everything else is pointless. When I first started, it was my goal to see how long my monolith stayed alive in every game, now I'm pretty competitive locally

Back to top Go down
SleepyPillow
Kabalite Warrior
SleepyPillow

PostSubject: Re: What's your meta like?   What's your meta like? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13 2013, 13:52

Our meta here in Stralsund, Germany ist still 5th with 6th rules. A ton of Rhinos SM like CSM wise. LR's with Abbadon and Kharne in one list. Nearly no fliers no matter which army (even ba and necrons). I usually play against Sororitas rhino spam, csm rhino/lr spam and sm lr and bot spam.

Last edited by SleepyPillow on Wed Mar 13 2013, 18:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

PostSubject: Re: What's your meta like?   What's your meta like? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13 2013, 16:27

Where I play there is a lot of Crons and GK, other than that mostly CSM and normal Marines. I think there is one IG player (noone else because of how expensive it is to build an IG army), one tau, one Nids, one other DE and one just starting Daemons... no CWE at all. A shame really.
Back to top Go down
cammy
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: What's your meta like?   What's your meta like? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13 2013, 18:16

The Meta where i play generally consists of

nurgle, nurgle, nurgle marines, nids, blood angels, necron,chaos demons in about that order
Back to top Go down
baster
Kabalite Warrior
baster

PostSubject: Re: What's your meta like?   What's your meta like? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13 2013, 19:33

my meta has; loads of SM all shapes and sizes, 2 IG, 2 necrons, 2nids, 2 orcs, 2 CSM, 2 Tau, 1 demon and 1 eldar.

im the only DE, generally we play 1500 games, a few 2k games but they are rare. we are just starting a doubles campaign 600 points per player
Back to top Go down
ligolski
Wych
ligolski

PostSubject: Re: What's your meta like?   What's your meta like? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14 2013, 03:53

I only play against my friends, and I mainly play IG (a lot of freaking tanks and blob squads), and then 1 eldar with GK allies friend, space wolf friend.

I've never played my Deldar against any of them just my first army: SM. This weekend is my first shot with a legal army (finally built/painted!) against one of my IG friends who spams tanks like a boss haha.

Archon Atersol of the Kabal of the Ebbing Sun
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: What's your meta like?   What's your meta like? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18 2013, 23:41

Meta is..
BA, GK, GK/IG, Necrons, Orks, SW

A lot of MEQ of all flavors, so plenty of Astartes slaves to be had!

Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: What's your meta like?   What's your meta like? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19 2013, 00:12

Dark Angels, Blood Angels, Chaos, Chaos, Chaos, Necrons, Tau and some a couple of nids. That's what my local GW usually consists of, I think.

What's your meta like? YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Cheebs
Slave
Cheebs

PostSubject: Re: What's your meta like?   What's your meta like? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19 2013, 05:50

3-4 Dark Angles, 2-3 Blood Angels, 1-2 Grey Knights, 2-3 Vanilla Marines, 1-2 Space Wolves, 3-4 CSM, 2-3 crons, 2 IG, 2 Tau is what I usually see.... bleh. Flyers are slowly starting to worm there way into lists as well. Only good thing is ive only run into 1-2 power list guys. Most people try to keep their lists semi fun haha.
Back to top Go down
Irakunar Thrax
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: What's your meta like?   What's your meta like? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19 2013, 14:47

We have marines in every colours, some csm, 1 daemons, some heresy legion lists, orks, 1 eldar, 1 dark eldar (me), nids. There used to be some tau but no more... oh, and some grey knights.

How i deal with the threats? Basically weight of fire and devastating assaults.
Back to top Go down
Deamon
Sybarite
Deamon

PostSubject: Re: What's your meta like?   What's your meta like? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20 2013, 00:50

We have a good diversity at my FLGS :

- Dark Eldar / Dark Angels / Chaos space marine
- Dark Angels (Deathwing)
- Tau / Dark Eldar / Chaos space marines
- Necron / Eldar / Tyradnids
- 2 Guards
- 2 Blood Angels
- Tyranids
- Necron
- Chaos Space Marines
- 2 Orks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your meta like?   What's your meta like? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's your meta like?
Page 1 of 1