THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow

Go down 
+10
Preacher
Foo
Keravin
Sky Serpent
Malte
The Eye of Error
Radium
LilLoser
Saintspirit
Xelkireth
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 30 2011, 14:41

Xelkireth wrote:
I wish my pre-order would hurry up and ship.

Amen. When my new stuff turns up expect to see the Sky Serpents arrive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 30 2011, 19:15

Ariensis wrote:
What are your plans for all of the Dire Avenger Exarch power weapons?
Alternate impaler looking weapons.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 12:38

Reshuffling the WIP Blog. Please give me a few days.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 18:24

Update time! Here's my wyches I complete yesterday.

WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 229881_sm-Dark%20Eldar%2C%20Work%20In%20Progress%2C%20Wyches
WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 229882_sm-Dark%20Eldar%2C%20Work%20In%20Progress%2C%20Wyches
WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 229877_sm-Dark%20Eldar%2C%20Work%20In%20Progress%2C%20Wyches
WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 229880_sm-Dark%20Eldar%2C%20Work%20In%20Progress%2C%20Wyches
WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 229878_sm-Dark%20Eldar%2C%20Work%20In%20Progress%2C%20Wyches
WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 229876_sm-Dark%20Eldar%2C%20Work%20In%20Progress%2C%20Wyches
WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 229883_sm-Dark%20Eldar%2C%20Work%20In%20Progress%2C%20Wyches
WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 229884_sm-Dark%20Eldar%2C%20Work%20In%20Progress%2C%20Wyches
WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 229885_sm-Dark%20Eldar%2C%20Work%20In%20Progress%2C%20Wyches
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 18:26

More updates!

Here's my "counts-as" Vect WIP. This model may be sacked and scratched. I do like the pimp cane though.

Behold the pimp cane!
WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 229872_sm-Asdrubael%20Vect%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Dark%20Eldar
WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 229873_sm-Asdrubael%20Vect%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Dark%20Eldar
WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 229874_sm-Asdrubael%20Vect%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Dark%20Eldar
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 18:34

And now... drum roll please...

About $200 of purchased naughty fun.

WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 229886_sm-
WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 229890_sm-
WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 229891_sm-

Some Finecast....

WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 229887_sm-Fincast%2C%20Dark%20Eldar
WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 229889_sm-Fincast%2C%20Dark%20Eldar%2C%20Lelith%20Hesperax
WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 229888_sm-Finecast%2C%20Dark%20Eldar%2C%20Archon

On precursory glance, I did not notice anything wrong with my Finecast models. Unfortunately, it isn't going to be until tomorrow that I can actually look at them. I've been awake for over 36 hours now. I stayed up so FedEx wouldn't take my packages back to Dodge City, which is like 2 hours away and all one-lane highways. Ugh.
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 19:24

<-- Jealous. Especially because of the scourges. Are you gonna make your scourgelord now, Xel?
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 19:25

Saintspirit wrote:
<-- Jealous. Especially because of the scourges. Are you gonna make your scourgelord now, Xel?
I'm formulating on how to build him still.
Back to top Go down
Keravin
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 21:25

4 batches of Scourges. That's a lot of scourges.

Love your base work. Definitely going to try and emulate some of the Wych poses when I do Bloodbrides.
Back to top Go down
The Eye of Error
Dark Architect
The Eye of Error

PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 21:26

Nice Haul!

I want to pic up the finecast Archon soon myself for a serious conversion....
Back to top Go down
http://eyeoferror.blogspot.com/
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2011, 06:01

Keravin wrote:
Definitely going to try and emulate some of the Wych poses when I do Bloodbrides.
It took forever to get posses that I didn't think looked bland or boring. Poster tack saves your life.

LuckyNo.5 wrote:
Nice Haul!

I feel like I robbed someone to have these riches! Boo-yah!
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2011, 06:02

LuckyNo.5 wrote:
Nice Haul!

Man... Finecast is going to be easier than plastic to convert. I think it will take a little more caution over pewter/plastic hybrids though.
Back to top Go down
Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2011, 12:49

Xelkireth wrote:
Keravin wrote:
Definitely going to try and emulate some of the Wych poses when I do Bloodbrides.
It took forever to get posses that I didn't think looked bland or boring. Poster tack saves your life.
I did the same with my Warriors and Wyches. It takes a lot longer to assemble, but it's worth it to get shots where a warrior is twisting around and snapping a shot off instead of just standing in the usual rifle-firing pose.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2011, 12:54

Foo wrote:
Xelkireth wrote:
Keravin wrote:
I did the same with my Warriors and Wyches. It takes a lot longer to assemble, but it's worth it to get shots where a warrior is twisting around and snapping a shot off instead of just standing in the usual rifle-firing pose.

Yeah. My first batch of ten warrior are rather static. I will be mixing them in with more dynamically posed squads to break up their monotonous poses.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2011, 12:55

Quick note on how I did my wyches!!!

I used medium PVA glue and it holds very well. HOWEVER... If you don't treat them like the fragile models they are, they will snap clean of the base and have to be fixed.

I snapped two off trying to get poses right. There was much cussing and gnashing of teeth.
Back to top Go down
The Eye of Error
Dark Architect
The Eye of Error

PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2011, 13:41

Xelkireth wrote:
LuckyNo.5 wrote:
Nice Haul!

Man... Finecast is going to be easier than plastic to convert. I think it will take a little more caution over pewter/plastic hybrids though.

A very sharp knife and lots of patience would do the trick. I've converted resin before without a problem, I'm just curious to see how the texture and density of the finecast models are compared to Forgeworld resin.
Back to top Go down
http://eyeoferror.blogspot.com/
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2011, 13:46

I've never worked with Forgeworld resin before.
Back to top Go down
LilLoser
Hellion
LilLoser

PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2011, 15:12

Enough foreplay, where's the paint!

Also, have you settled on a scheme yet?

All the best,

LilLoser
Back to top Go down
http://loserstudio.blogspot.com/
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2011, 15:16

Yeah. Look at my avatar. That's pretty much gonna be it.

As to painting... not yet. I'm gonna assemble my playable list first and then slowly start painting it. I am going to be dropping just over $100 on painting supplies. Paints, brushes, a special palette thing 'cause I don't want to make my own, etc. Everything comes in time, Lil.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2011, 04:46

I'm still searching for my frakking camera charger. I'm betting its buried in the closet somewhere (Abbie and I moved a few months ago and a lot of boxes were put in the closet in the office to conserve space).

I've gotten two venoms done and my first scourge. Those are some amazing models.
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2011, 09:03

You've got that problem too? Seriously, my camera cord dissappears all the time. I bet there are some house gnomes who steals such things and puts them on inconvenient places!
In any case, I am looking forward to see how your new models look, especially the scourge.

On a side note, the quote in your sig still says Dread Phoenix.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2011, 09:51

Lol. Fixed.

Frakking gnomes. I remember back in the day, when I still played WoW, grieving Gnomes with my Undead mage. It was good times.
Back to top Go down
Preacher
Kabalite Warrior
Preacher

PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 07:55

Loving what you've got so far Xelkireth. I really do like the fluidity you've got to your Wyches, heck even the true born looks fluid.

I can't say I'm a fan of the bayonet on Vect's pistol. I tried it myself on my Archon and although it looked cool to start with I quickly got bored (about that time it snapped off anyway).That said I am loving his Pimp Cane. afro
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 08:10

Yeah... He's getting remade with the Finecast model. I don't think I like the pistol bayonet either. I may switch it to one of the fork ones if I think it looks good.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 06:20

Update time. Completed warriors and my two venoms.

WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 IMG_1431
WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 IMG_1432
WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 IMG_1433
WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 IMG_1434
WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 IMG_1437
WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 IMG_1438
WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 IMG_1440

WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 IMG_1443
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next