THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Ignore function

Go down 
+3
Dragontree
CptMetal
Jimsolo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

Ignore function Empty
PostSubject: Ignore function   Ignore function I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26 2015, 13:13

Is there a way to put another user on ignore so we don't see their posts? It's become a desirable function of late.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Ignore function Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignore function   Ignore function I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26 2015, 15:09

Yes please!

Wych
Dragontree

Ignore function Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignore function   Ignore function I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26 2015, 15:19

Whilst the idea is appealing, I think one of the best aspects of TDC as a whole is the level of community self policing and pulling people up on behaviour either in a friendly or moderated way and an easy to click ignore button doesn't actually address that persons behaviour so much as conveniently blank it.

But trust me, I do understand where you are coming from. Most certainly I do.

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

Ignore function Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignore function   Ignore function I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26 2015, 20:01

This is something that the staff can look into but my personal feelings are in line with Dragontree.

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Ignore function Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignore function   Ignore function I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27 2015, 12:25

Get him to leave, I don't know if I can take it any longer...!

Kabalite Warrior
RCZ

Ignore function Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignore function   Ignore function I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27 2015, 12:39

A friendly reminder: a forum is a place where ideas have to be hearded, also if frustratingly over expressed. If you want to "mute" or "ignore" you are using a forum wrong. Also if you want to permanently ban you create an hazardous precedent. If a persont dont break the lineguides banning or excluding due to divergent opinion has to be avoided.

Also if the divergent opinion is overly expressed and expressed ina rude manner.

If you ban all the people who complain about dark eldar and dont only post excellent victories in the realspace raid, i think your (our?) forum will became more and more thin, and very "onanistic". Razz
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Ignore function Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignore function   Ignore function I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27 2015, 12:51

It's just basically that you can say whatever you want. Everything really everything is commented with "Dark Eldar suck". That's fine too think that, but it's always the same. You see that isn't valuable input. It's not even input at all. It's trolling.

Kabalite Warrior
RCZ

Ignore function Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignore function   Ignore function I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27 2015, 12:53

In am into your view, however the expression
Get him to leave wrote:

make me very worried.

Dont feed the trolls, and just ignore him.
Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

Ignore function Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignore function   Ignore function I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27 2015, 13:00

CptMetal wrote:
It's just basically that you can say whatever you want. Everything really everything is commented with "Dark Eldar suck". That's fine too think that, but it's always the same. You see that isn't valuable input. It's not even input at all. It's trolling.

To put another way:

I'm bored of hearing an opinion I don't agree with.

You telling people that dark eldar don't suck might be (and probably is) annoying people just as much, especially if their experience is one of being continuously beaten at their local club.

I don't like does not equal I get to ban or neuter their opinion.

This kind of conflict leads to discussion and debate and the ability to bring people round to your way of thinking, but you also have to respect someone who holds an opposite opinion.

I really think an ignores function is a bad idea, this is one of the best, if not the best and most inclusive online community I have ever belonged to and I would very much like to keep it that way.

To give some context to that, I don't actually collect Dark Eldar at the moment, but people still happily give me support and help regarding my modelling and general chit chat. This place is awesome and ignoring people won't make it better.

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Ignore function Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignore function   Ignore function I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27 2015, 13:50

I´m not against discussion. But always repeating the same is not a discussion. It´s basically standing next to a forum and yelling "the end is near". We got it, okay? And whenever someone writes something positive he immediately jumps to tell all the story once again. Finding whatever reason that our oh so crap codex actually won. I wouldn´t be surprised finding him saying that the opponent loaded his dice to be bad.

If you want to talk to someone, but he keeps yelling in your face, is this a discussion anymore?

Anyway, I stated what I feel, I´m sure as hell not the only one who thinks that way. In the future I will ignore him, maybe add a disclamer that I am aware that our codex sucks, so he is satisfied.

Kabalite Warrior
RCZ

Ignore function Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignore function   Ignore function I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27 2015, 13:53

I feel in the same your way, but regarding the discussione going on the other topic, also him could putting out that you are redundanding passing over his demanding: do not take conclusions when comparing a maxxed out list to a casual list.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Ignore function Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignore function   Ignore function I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27 2015, 14:09

But that list wasn´t maxxed out against eldar. That would´ve been one with an archangel bomb and heavely reliant on medusae. But it wasn´t. And to be fair: our codex isn´t able to max out as - for example - the CWE. That´s true. But if you consider that as "our codex sucks", well...that´s telling a lot about the way you´re looking at this game.

Kabalite Warrior
RCZ

Ignore function Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignore function   Ignore function I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27 2015, 14:10

No, i think i expressed too bad and you dont understood.Sorry.

In any case, it's not fair to compare a tailored list to a TAC. That eldar list was clearly TAC, and the de friends admit that he tailored the lists...
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Ignore function Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignore function   Ignore function I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27 2015, 14:59

His list wasn't tailored? Well...he took four units of scatter bikes. That's a pretty strong basis. What would be more tailored? Only scatter bikes? That's basically what he said. He's definitely not a fun guy to play against. In German I'd call him Menschenfeind.

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Ignore function Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignore function   Ignore function I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27 2015, 15:12

This thread iswas about whether or not an Ignore function can be implemented. We do not need to degenerate into attacking other posters. Let's keep it civil please - Count Adhemar

Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

Ignore function Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignore function   Ignore function I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27 2015, 15:22

Besides, the board DOES have an ignore function. It is called "Foes list".
You can find it if you click on a name -> right upper corner -> Add to foes list -> done.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

Ignore function Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignore function   Ignore function I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27 2015, 23:20

Sweet. Thank you.

For the record, I'm not going to ignore someone for having an opinion I disagree with, or for stating something I've heard a million times before, or for having poorly informed opinions, or for encouraging poor decision making regarding the game.

If I'm going to ignore someone, it's going to be because their posts have no redeeming content, and they've shown a repeated tendency to be rude, hateful, and discriminatory. I can't fix a racist, and I can't fix a curmudgeon. But I don't need that kind of negativity in my life, and a 'mute' button is exactly the fix for that problem.
Back to top Go down
RCZ
Kabalite Warrior
RCZ

Ignore function Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignore function   Ignore function I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28 2015, 06:30

Wtf si a curmudgeon? Its like a cucumber?
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

Ignore function Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignore function   Ignore function I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28 2015, 13:26

Lol, a crotchety grump, dissatisfied with everything.
Back to top Go down
RCZ
Kabalite Warrior
RCZ

Ignore function Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignore function   Ignore function I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28 2015, 14:12

Ok, now it makes sense.

(also before, but i was trying to figure out how somebody "fix" a cucumber, and in which way a cucumber is related to a racist).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ignore function Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignore function   Ignore function I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ignore function
Page 1 of 1