THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

A Rogue Trader walks into a Freakshow...(1850)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

A Rogue Trader walks into a Freakshow...(1850) Empty
PostSubject: A Rogue Trader walks into a Freakshow...(1850)   A Rogue Trader walks into a Freakshow...(1850) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03 2015, 04:57

My local community is hosting a Rogue Trader tomorrow. I thought I'd mix it up and bring a Freakshow list (even though such lists are normally hard to work in at a tournament due to comp restrictions).

Here's what I got:

Combined Arms Detachment
Archon (Shadowfield, Huskblade, Archangel of Pain)
Succubus (Archite Glaive, Armor of Misery)

Kabalite Warriors (5, with blaster) in a dual SC Venom w/Chain Snares

Scourges (4 Heat Lances)
Scourges (4 Haywire Blasters)

Ravager (3 Dark Lances)
Ravager (3 Disintegrators)

Grotesquerie
Haemonculus (Syndriq's Sump, Scissorhand)

Grotesques (4, Aberration upgrade with Scissorhand) in a Raider (Dark Lance, Night Shield, Torment Grenade Launcher, Chain Snares)
Grotesques (4, Aberration upgrade with Scissorhand) in a Raider (Dark Lance, Night Shield, Torment Grenade Launcher, Chain Snares)

I'm well aware I'm looking at an uphill battle. But the chance to claim a win with a true out-and-out Freakshow in a competitive setting is too alluring to resist.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: A Rogue Trader walks into a Freakshow...(1850)   A Rogue Trader walks into a Freakshow...(1850) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03 2015, 05:49

If you put the Archon and the succubus and the Haemonculus into one Raider you got the perfect archangel bomb with a -5 modifier!

Otherwise I'm missing Phantasm launcher or simular stuff to capitalize on this modifier...

Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: A Rogue Trader walks into a Freakshow...(1850)   A Rogue Trader walks into a Freakshow...(1850) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04 2015, 03:37

Took second. Went 2-1.
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: A Rogue Trader walks into a Freakshow...(1850)   A Rogue Trader walks into a Freakshow...(1850) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04 2015, 05:16

Used a grotesquery today. Loved it!

Also tried a dark artisan. Was less impressed with them.

How do you usually run your Grotesquery?

Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: A Rogue Trader walks into a Freakshow...(1850)   A Rogue Trader walks into a Freakshow...(1850) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04 2015, 12:05

Great work, Jim! Any chance of getting a battle report/tournament summary?

Also, how did the chain snares work out for you? I've never used them and am curious if they're worth taking.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: A Rogue Trader walks into a Freakshow...(1850)   A Rogue Trader walks into a Freakshow...(1850) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04 2015, 16:07

sweetbacon wrote:
Great work, Jim!  Any chance of getting a battle report/tournament summary?  

Also, how did the chain snares work out for you?  I've never used them and am curious if they're worth taking.  

Literally only had one situation where I could use them all tournament. They were a filler choice, though.

I wish I'd taken rams, however. Rams on both the Raiders would have been worth it.
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: A Rogue Trader walks into a Freakshow...(1850)   A Rogue Trader walks into a Freakshow...(1850) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04 2015, 22:49

P.s. I really like your list. It looks like a lot of fun to play. The only thing I am not overly keen on are the heat lances in the scourges. But I do see some merit in them.

I am starting to use some coven book units in my armies and they have been working out very well so far. The -1LD is actually better in the game then on paper. Love it when combined with the armour of misery.

PostSubject: Re: A Rogue Trader walks into a Freakshow...(1850)   A Rogue Trader walks into a Freakshow...(1850) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Rogue Trader walks into a Freakshow...(1850)
Page 1 of 1