THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabalites with Heavy and Special weapons

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The Fume Knight
Kabalite Warrior
The Fume Knight

Kabalites with Heavy and Special weapons Empty
PostSubject: Kabalites with Heavy and Special weapons   Kabalites with Heavy and Special weapons I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19 2015, 10:23

So how would I go about making each of these units look unique? The Generic stance for a model using a Dark lance is legs planted wide, lance close to body and eye down to Scope, the Generic stance for a blaster/shredder/etc is just held at the hip, with legs in a single spot.. I made my Trueborn units, with different paint schemes to give them a unique feel of a squad, the helmets are red with red highlights across the armor, while still retaining a blue/dark green armor trim on the black, but they all just have the same stance, it makes them look really strange in a squad, basically exact same models with just some different helmets and such, any thoughts on how to make a dark lance like held down, up across the shoulder, a blaster aimed like ready to fire etc? I feel like I could do it with not too much effort, but I wouldn't want the models to have obvious flaws on where their hands and arms connect.

I am aware current models are basically beyond repair, But I do plan on buying far more Kabalites, and I would like to have some knowledge for when it comes.

ps. My painting has gotten far better since I last posted in this forum. Very Happy

Kabalite Warrior
Nyx_Necrodragon

Kabalites with Heavy and Special weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabalites with Heavy and Special weapons   Kabalites with Heavy and Special weapons I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25 2015, 01:04

When I did my Trueborn aka my heavy weapons team I had a major culling of my bits box. I had a lot of Black Guard heads left so I carefully cut the plumage off the top of the helmets and added them onto the helmets of my trueborn. Then any accessories/trophies that I hadn't used I attached to their pauldrons (shoulder armour) either hanging from the spikes or the edges. The ott plumage and excessive trophies make them stand out they're also a lot more uniform than my normal kabalite warriors who seem a bit more casual in comparison.

I hope this helps

Kabalites with Heavy and Special weapons
Page 1 of 1