THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

How to give a eldritch worn look to Darklight weapons

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
The Fume Knight
Kabalite Warrior
The Fume Knight

How to give a eldritch worn look to Darklight weapons Empty
PostSubject: How to give a eldritch worn look to Darklight weapons   How to give a eldritch worn look to Darklight weapons I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26 2015, 09:04

So, in terms of painting skill I've come a pretty long way, I'm decent now, but I go back to many older models of mine, and touch them up with newish things to give them more life.

When it comes to weaponry, I really like to go all out with how they look, like, with my Klaives, I have used lots of different shades of greens surrounding exterior parts of the blade all over in tiny little lightning arcs, that lead out from the Runes near the handles, and multiple washes, Melee weapons are pretty easy to make look impressive.

As for ranged weapons, they just seem so... Dull. A Dark Lance looks gorgeous, but with silver linings and black as the primary looks okay, but it still seems lifeless. I've been attempting to give my weapon more of a look like they have been fired often, giving the barrels colors around the front and down the shaft like the Darklight has warped the normal color, by the violent type of energy that is exerted, when I picture what Dark Eldar weaponry looks like, I base it off of Dawn of War: Soulstorm, Dark Lances are black with Purple light radiating, splinter weapons, fire light purple sharp crystals at a high fire rate, so i've painted the barrels of all my Dark Lances with the very tip a purplish blue, leading into a darker purple but still sorta, dark, and then fading into the darker purple then the regular black, with a greenish blue power strip on blasters where the bit is between the barrel, and the tiny bits on the Dark Lances before the barrels.

I've given my splinter rifles a light green yellowish color along the barrel in the engraved section, and a tiny light purple on the tip of the barrel.

Does anyone else do anything like this? What type of colors do you use for your weapons? I've been thinking of how I'd do my Void Lances and Disintegrators, and others also. Razz

I'd upload pictures, but my ipod cam is iffy and I don't know how I'd upload them on here through the iPod.

Kabalite Warrior
Nyx_Necrodragon

PostSubject: Re: How to give a eldritch worn look to Darklight weapons   How to give a eldritch worn look to Darklight weapons I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26 2015, 13:13

I've always had trouble doing light/glowing on large scale. Also I avoid spending a lot of time on my ranged weapons simply because there's so many of them. However I've recently been experimenting with lightning crackle effects on close combat weapons and using rust and blood effects

Wych
nexs

PostSubject: Re: How to give a eldritch worn look to Darklight weapons   How to give a eldritch worn look to Darklight weapons I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26 2015, 22:40

I do a purple glow inside the casing of the barrel. That's how I imagine dark light would look. If you're interested to see how it looks, there should be a few good pics toward the more recent pages of my plog

Kabalite Warrior
The Fume Knight

PostSubject: Re: How to give a eldritch worn look to Darklight weapons   How to give a eldritch worn look to Darklight weapons I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27 2015, 08:45

ooo:3 Your army looks good thus far, that blue you have for the primary color on the armor looks great, and I did see the energy line on your Archons Blast pistol, On my lances and Blasters I have that colors too, except I have it as a bluish green instead, kind of like thats the color of whatever thing reacts with the gun before the Darklight is fired, I have the barrels painted as well though trying to give the impression the Darklight has warped it, if only I knew a easy and good way to upload pictures on here from my ipod I'd take a few :/

@Nyx

I am kinda the same, I only play once a week, and I get off work at 11pm and stay awake after, so being stuck at home I find alot of time to paint, so I spend more time thinking of things to do to my army than actually painting them. XD But yeah, my Incubi's Klaives look pretty good, I have the blades colored in a dark green, with highlights down the blade, and lighter greens as a lightning effect running along the blade generated from the runes on the blade, I haven't attempted any type of blood effects on them, I feel like my lack of skill in that area might make it look trashy :s When it comes to ranged weapons though thats kind of where I'm stumped, I want to give them a nice look, but doing such is easier said than done :s

Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: How to give a eldritch worn look to Darklight weapons   How to give a eldritch worn look to Darklight weapons I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27 2015, 11:35

I'd like to see pictures of that...

Kabalite Warrior
Mr_Pink

PostSubject: Re: How to give a eldritch worn look to Darklight weapons   How to give a eldritch worn look to Darklight weapons I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28 2015, 12:22

Yeah, let's see some photos!

Back to top Go down
http://modernsynthesist.blogspot.ca/
The Fume Knight
Kabalite Warrior
The Fume Knight

PostSubject: Re: How to give a eldritch worn look to Darklight weapons   How to give a eldritch worn look to Darklight weapons I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01 2015, 10:17

I'll take some, what'd be the best way for me upload some? I'd have to take the pictures on my Ipod touch and send them over here, but I don't know how.

Wych
nexs

PostSubject: Re: How to give a eldritch worn look to Darklight weapons   How to give a eldritch worn look to Darklight weapons I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01 2015, 11:58

There are plenty of image hosting services on the Web. Personally I use photobucket, although many others use imageshack. I'm not sure what else is out there, but google "image hosting" and you should be set

Kabalite Warrior
Mr_Pink

PostSubject: Re: How to give a eldritch worn look to Darklight weapons   How to give a eldritch worn look to Darklight weapons I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01 2015, 14:11

Also, the dark city has built in image hosting software just click the icon to the left of the picture+ icon. It's a picture with a disk in front of it, but you need to be pretty old to know what a disk is.

You sign up for it once, and you can continue to use it to host images for the dark city.

Back to top Go down
http://modernsynthesist.blogspot.ca/
nexs
Wych
nexs

PostSubject: Re: How to give a eldritch worn look to Darklight weapons   How to give a eldritch worn look to Darklight weapons I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01 2015, 21:32

Mr_Pink wrote:
Also, the dark city has built in image hosting software just click the icon to the left of the picture+ icon. It's a picture with a disk in front of it, but you need to be pretty old to know what a disk is.

You sign up for it once, and you can continue to use it to host images for the dark city.
Way to go making me feel old!

Kabalite Warrior
The Fume Knight

PostSubject: DId it work?   How to give a eldritch worn look to Darklight weapons I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02 2015, 08:24

Hmm, so if i was on Safari on my fossil ipod touch I could do that and it'd work? I'll try and see if I can maybe just send the pics to my email and download on my laptop. Hopefully the lighting will look okay. XD  I'll put up a pic of my Archon, an Incubi and the Dark Lances.

Edit:
I did the host a picture on all the ones I was going to put up.. My ravager with Dark Lances, a Kabalite with a Dark Lance, regular Kabalite, one of my Archons, an Incubi, and my Klaivex.. I don't know how to see if they are up or not. lol

How to give a eldritch worn look to Darklight weapons My_tru11

One of my Trueborn

How to give a eldritch worn look to Darklight weapons My_rav10

One of my Ravagers

How to give a eldritch worn look to Darklight weapons My_kla11

My Klaivex

How to give a eldritch worn look to Darklight weapons My_kab11

One of my Kabalites

How to give a eldritch worn look to Darklight weapons My_inc11

One of my Incubi

How to give a eldritch worn look to Darklight weapons My_arc11

One of my 3 Archons

Last edited by Count Adhemar on Mon Nov 02 2015, 09:46; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : To not double post.)
Back to top Go down
The Fume Knight
Kabalite Warrior
The Fume Knight

PostSubject: Re: How to give a eldritch worn look to Darklight weapons   How to give a eldritch worn look to Darklight weapons I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02 2015, 09:42

No double, triple or any other multiple posts please - just use the Edit function. Or simply put the link to more than one picture in your post before hitting Send. - Count Adhemar

Wych
nexs

PostSubject: Re: How to give a eldritch worn look to Darklight weapons   How to give a eldritch worn look to Darklight weapons I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02 2015, 22:13

I like the idea but you've used too many different colours in what would realistically be the same line that the energy would travel through the weapon.
I wouldn't use it on Splinter weapons either. Hut it's a good colour for dark light! Looking forward to seeing more

Kabalite Warrior
The Fume Knight

PostSubject: Re: How to give a eldritch worn look to Darklight weapons   How to give a eldritch worn look to Darklight weapons I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03 2015, 01:31

mmm Yeah, the energy strip on blasters and such I figured needed to stand out, I do visualize dark light as black with dark purple lights, the barrel itself is a work in progress, thats why I was asking about ways to give it a type of look.

PostSubject: Re: How to give a eldritch worn look to Darklight weapons   How to give a eldritch worn look to Darklight weapons I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to give a eldritch worn look to Darklight weapons
Page 1 of 1