THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Darklight Weapons .....

Go down 
+9
Urien Rakarth
Venkh
Preacher
Darklight
Radium
Ophidian Vane
Todo13
Torpedo Vegas
Sorrowshard
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Sorrowshard
Sybarite
Sorrowshard

Darklight Weapons ..... Empty
PostSubject: Darklight Weapons .....   Darklight Weapons ..... I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 01:57

Been with the DE since release, I seem to hit periods where darklight just does not work, at all, it has been several weeks now and I just cannot kill anything, Recently it took 28 lance shots to kill a vendetta, just tonight it took me in excess of 20 lance shots to bring down 1 killa Kan from a squadron of three.

My heat lances work ok, but they can't be everywhere at once.

I think DE anti tank is very weak (supression is ok), their anti infantry is good but if you cant break open all these boxes in 5th what's the point ?

So my question to the forum, is anyone else having these problems ? IS DE AT rubbish ? please discuss.
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: Darklight Weapons .....   Darklight Weapons ..... I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 02:12

It seems to me that you are just having crap luck. It usually takes me a ravager or two's worth of shoots to bring down a target. Focus fire is key.

Dark Lances aren't as good as they are made out to be, in my experience,since we have em so cheap, I don't have much trouble popping tanks.
Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
Todo13
Kabalite Warrior
Todo13

PostSubject: Re: Darklight Weapons .....   Darklight Weapons ..... I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 03:22

They work fine for me …
Back to top Go down
Ophidian Vane
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Darklight Weapons .....   Darklight Weapons ..... I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 04:51

Its good to be able to count on needing 5's to pen whatever... but that damage chart is a random deal. Lady Luck decides quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.battleworthy-arts.com
Radium
Kabalite Warrior
Radium

PostSubject: Re: Darklight Weapons .....   Darklight Weapons ..... I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 05:56

Sorrowshard wrote:
is anyone else having these problems ?

Oh yes. I am. In my last game, it took me about 13 shots to take down an Ork Trukk. In the open.
It's not that out AT is bad, it's just not nearly as good as people believe it to be. And for some reason Lance weapons (just like multimeltas on Land Raiders) always miss.

My Archon's latest trapped soul: Kairos Fateweaver
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: Darklight Weapons .....   Darklight Weapons ..... I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 07:57

Hehe Darklight weapons seem to have lost it powers for me to.

Out of 24 Darklight shots yesterday, I got 3 penetrating, no glancing, and got 1-2-3 on pen roll. (this was against AV11 aswell).

Preacher
Kabalite Warrior
Preacher

PostSubject: Re: Darklight Weapons .....   Darklight Weapons ..... I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 08:08

Can't say I've had too much problem with darklight, it normally just requires concentration of firepower. Or as I play a fair ammount on city boards, getting behind them.

Does just sound like the dice gods are against you at the moment, or Vect has something in store for you. If I were to give in to supersition I might suggest changing dice or something similar. My marines always miss with their MISSile launchers, but rocket launchers seem to work. Rolling Eyes

To rule in hell is only the begining..."

Lady No'ki Vankar, Kabal of the Poisoned Claw
Back to top Go down
Venkh
Kabalite Warrior
Venkh

PostSubject: Re: Darklight Weapons .....   Darklight Weapons ..... I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 10:51

Mine are pretty dreadful as well. The key is to stop thinking of them as lascannons but as missile launchers.

I take haywires on my wyches now to counteract the lance fail that i always seem to get in the first couple of turns.
Back to top Go down
Urien Rakarth
Kabalite Warrior
Urien Rakarth

PostSubject: Re: Darklight Weapons .....   Darklight Weapons ..... I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 14:31

5 turns of 3 Ravagers and 3 Raiders to immobilise and take two guns off a Land Raider! First turn I fired the two blasters from my Reavers, 1 hit and penned, rolled a 1 for damage, I then proceeded to chain roll ones on the vehicle damage chart for most of the game.
Back to top Go down
http://6inchmove.wordpress.com
Archon
Kabalite Warrior
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Darklight Weapons .....   Darklight Weapons ..... I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 17:27

It sounds like you have lost favor with the dice gods! Crying or Very sad I find that Darklight weapons go in streaks, I'll have games where I can do a thing with them, and games where they can't fail. Take some Haywire grenades where every you can as back-ups and get a new set of dice for your new army! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Urien Rakarth
Kabalite Warrior
Urien Rakarth

PostSubject: Re: Darklight Weapons .....   Darklight Weapons ..... I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 18:29

Archon wrote:
It sounds like you have lost favor with the dice gods! Crying or Very sad I find that Darklight weapons go in streaks, I'll have games where I can do a thing with them, and games where they can't fail. Take some Haywire grenades where every you can as back-ups and get a new set of dice for your new army! Very Happy

I did finally pop the Land Raider, with my Archon using a Haywire grenade!
Back to top Go down
http://6inchmove.wordpress.com
shadow hunter
Kabalite Warrior
shadow hunter

PostSubject: Re: Darklight Weapons .....   Darklight Weapons ..... I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 21:11

bizarely - i seem to struggle when targetting light armour.

When I target a predator or similar - generally do ok. But then when I want to knock out that rhino, land speeder, ork trukk etc, I fail miserably. lol.
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Darklight Weapons .....   Darklight Weapons ..... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 08:44

haven't tried out any darklight weapons in games yet, but I have a similar problem... With my prism cannon. It seriously refuses to do anything good to tanks, it will only stun or at best destroy some weapon. I really need to start aiming it at infantry...

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Sorrowshard
Sybarite
Sorrowshard

PostSubject: Re: Darklight Weapons .....   Darklight Weapons ..... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 21:36

thats because it is a 100+ point scattering lascannon, the linked shot is actually pretty good, but the combined price plus the use of two whole FoC's is far from a bargain.

well Ravagers will average 2 hits , of which one will penetrate and the other possibly glance (assuming av 11) throw in cover/smoke and the need to roll a five or more and it's not looking particularly great is it....

You quite literally need to spam lances at things to actually make them go away reliably (and sometimes even then ...), subsequently I have moved towards more long range lances in my army to try and get more hits in on key targets early on, if nothing has been de meched when you get there or not enough to keep your cc squads occupied as soon as they are in range to assault your in trouble.

Subsequently I write all my lists to contain at least some melta or haywires.

Kabalite Warrior
Radium

PostSubject: Re: Darklight Weapons .....   Darklight Weapons ..... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 21:43

Sorrowshard wrote:
or haywires.

That has been my solution as well. 2 Haywire Blasters on Scourges and 2 unit of Wyches with Haywire Grenades should do the trick when my Darklight weaponry fails horribly. On a side note, though: the very first shot I fired in todays game was a Darklance from a raider that promptly killed Castellan Crowe.

My Archon's latest trapped soul: Kairos Fateweaver
Back to top Go down
Skuzznob
Slave
Skuzznob

PostSubject: Re: Darklight Weapons .....   Darklight Weapons ..... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 22:06

I seem to have this problem as well.

My lances don't seem to kill much but my haywire grenades seem to destroy something every time, (normally followed by exploding and wiping out the wyches).

Out of interest how many lances/blasters do you feel you should be fielding in your average armies?
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: Darklight Weapons .....   Darklight Weapons ..... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 22:10

Never enough Dark Lances.
Never.
Enough.

I tend to have 3 for every 500 points, though I make use of Heat Lances and Dissies a fair bit.
Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
Sorrowshard
Sybarite
Sorrowshard

PostSubject: Re: Darklight Weapons .....   Darklight Weapons ..... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 22:43

Ill second that, my 1750's seem to hover around the 16-20 darkmatter weapons plus either 4 heatlances/haywires or 25 ish flat darkmatter , you can do a list at 1750 with 30 lances in but its very one dimensional and subsequently not that competitive really, its about getting 'enough' dark matter to get the job done without compromising the rest of your armies abilities.

PostSubject: Re: Darklight Weapons .....   Darklight Weapons ..... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Darklight Weapons .....
Page 1 of 1