THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Third Ascendant

Go down 
+2
Cavash
hailian
6 posters
AuthorMessage
hailian
Slave
hailian

The Third Ascendant Empty
PostSubject: The Third Ascendant   The Third Ascendant I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27 2015, 16:46

Hi all! Im "new" to the scene, mostly to the posting scene.

I am sort of stalling in my hobby progress on my army and I was hoping posting pics and sharing some progress would spur me on.

My buddy got me into 40k years ago and I havent played a game yet and Ive bounced around from some armies because I thought the models were cool. Now though I want to stick it out and get some painted True Kin on the table. Back when DE got the new models I picked up a battleforce and am now getting around to doing this thing. So heres what I got:

Some doods:
The Third Ascendant 14459617
The Third Ascendant 14459613

A Raider:
The Third Ascendant 14459615The Third Ascendant 14459614

Archon concept:
The Third Ascendant 14459616

I guess I am looking for some constructive thoughts on what I have and where maybe I should go with it.

Sorry for formating issues, Im doing this on my phone and its a little cumbersome.

Thanks for looking!
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: The Third Ascendant   The Third Ascendant I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27 2015, 17:30

This is a good start, Hailian. I like the Archon concept. The bigger the pauldrons the better! Maybe a soul trap in the left hand might go well with the sword.
Back to top Go down
hailian
Slave
hailian

PostSubject: Re: The Third Ascendant   The Third Ascendant I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27 2015, 17:47

Thank you. As for the Archon, I had that in mind actually. I have flag backpack stolen from an Autarch that hell be sporting.

Also need to get him on a better base, I just grabbed some warrior legs I had on deck..... havent found a better replacement.
The Third Ascendant 14459618
Back to top Go down
BlackCadian
Kabalite Warrior
BlackCadian

PostSubject: Re: The Third Ascendant   The Third Ascendant I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28 2015, 20:09

Your Archon looks great! I really like where you're heading with him - can't wait to see him painted. Your color choices are different from any kabal I've seen so far, and they look good!
Back to top Go down
hailian
Slave
hailian

PostSubject: Re: The Third Ascendant   The Third Ascendant I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29 2015, 00:06

Thank you for the kind words! And I hope I can pull off the Archon like I see him in my brain.

I was digging through my raider bit, assembling the darklance and gunner and found a solid left arm candidate.

Just need to figure out what the dood is holding.....

The Third Ascendant 14459910

Last edited by hailian on Thu Oct 29 2015, 00:09; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More info)
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych
nexs

PostSubject: Re: The Third Ascendant   The Third Ascendant I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29 2015, 00:32

Nice! I like it so far.
I'm partial to the kabalites before you put the bright red on. I like the dark orange with the black.

Archon is looking sweet. What are you planning on running that sword as?
I would shave off the gem on the belly, or make it look shattered as if the gear was taken from a deceased eldar and the spirit stone was smashed.

Smile
Back to top Go down
skp
Hellion
skp

PostSubject: Re: The Third Ascendant   The Third Ascendant I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29 2015, 01:17

Awesome concept and idea! why didn't I think of this! Evil or Very Mad
If you haven't thought about it already but here's a link for some images, when looking up things such as rust, add "textures" to the end, you'll be suprised!

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=rust+textures&biw=1920&bih=930&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMI2qqUiMDmyAIVBnIUCh37jwEG

some idea's you may or may not have thought about?

Your theme colour is rust, but why not have different colours for the plates of the raider armour as if they've put different plates together? for example they've taken a blue panel plate from a scrap raider and put it on their own?

When painting rust, use a cotton bud/pad and pinch/pull/pick at it so you have different raised area's, providing different texture, running rust (normally caused by water) will streak downwards in a light colour(light browns/oranges) while darker rust forms around pooling area's (rivets, tops of pannels).

Another thing you could do is add sand to area's to make boiling rust/flakes?

I'm so jealous of your idea!

EDIT:- If you're willing, put a drill bit in a drill (no duh), and run it side ways across the hull to cause damage, this will cause scratches etc which will be perfect for damage/rust areas!

sKP.
Back to top Go down
hailian
Slave
hailian

PostSubject: Re: The Third Ascendant   The Third Ascendant I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29 2015, 01:33

@nexs  Thank you ^^ . I plan on hitting up those warriors with a wash to hopefully tone it down just a little.

As for the Archon, good idea on the gem thing. I plan on him holding to vanity a bit so the armor was gonna be gold instead of the red of the warriors. The sword is currently being run as "rool of cool" and might be a close combat weapon, counts as huskblade or agoniser. Hes a fluffy HQ that I am sure will die a lot.

@skp I am glad you like the concept, and thank you for the tips, totally gonna do some playing around with those ideas. Never thought of the sand idea. I got plenty of this army left to work on so no doubt we will see some poor rust bucket of a raider or venom. Not the archons though... he get the primo goods.

Thanks for the feed back, I appreciate it and it really helps spur me on and get better. If anyone knows some good sinple green stuff tips and trick please let me know, I have a left hand of an archon to fill.... with something.
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych
nexs

PostSubject: Re: The Third Ascendant   The Third Ascendant I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29 2015, 01:58

Sword could possibly look like the Djin blade (worst relic ever)
Hahaha
Back to top Go down
hailian
Slave
hailian

PostSubject: Re: The Third Ascendant   The Third Ascendant I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03 2015, 22:09

Picked these up for $45 for the three. Needs a little touch up and new bases, but the quality is table top and works nicely for now. The Third Ascendant 14464010

Hard to tell but the creator of these based them in real broken glass.... taking power from pain to a new level.
Back to top Go down
punk possum
Kabalite Warrior
punk possum

PostSubject: Re: The Third Ascendant   The Third Ascendant I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04 2015, 00:18

Ouch real broken glass? that sounds like an extreme sport basing technique!
Two small green stuffing tips I've picked up over the years is use olive oil to lubricate your tools and to help smooth it off afterwards, it helps avoid the worst of the finger prints in the modelling effect. And cut out the middle were the two strips are next to each other. They have already started to cure a tiny bit, so with them gone you get a smoother mix to start with. Other than that practice a bunch first its not expensive if you buy the huge big rolls from e bay (GW sells it for an eye watering mark up).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Third Ascendant   The Third Ascendant I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Third Ascendant
Page 1 of 1