THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Cult of Khaine Ascendant

Go down 
+15
Count Adhemar
Blind_Baku
Foo
darkmark
Setomidor
Gobsmakked
Firdeth
Cavash
Evil Space Elves
Preacher
The_Burning_Eye
Siticus the Ancient
Saintspirit
Levitas
ramtastic
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ramtastic
Hellion
ramtastic

The Cult of Khaine Ascendant  Empty
PostSubject: The Cult of Khaine Ascendant    The Cult of Khaine Ascendant  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16 2012, 06:51

I have finally gotten around to putting up a log tracking my cult but there are basically two fundamental rules behind my army:

- I wanted to combine and kit bash craftworld and dark eldar kits to create cool models
- I love the backstory of Khaine and I think he deserves to be more essential to the whole Eldar race

I'll add the fluff elsewhere on the site, but to summarise:

My Dark Eldar are modelled using DE/Craftworld bits extensively, so I developed some fluff around the survivors of Kher-ys (the craftworld Heartslayer destroyed and possessed their avatar - old daemons codex).

Dispossessed and raging, they have all given themselves over to Khaine and have a lust for blood and revenge that makes the dark eldar look friendly. They fled into the webway, and arriving in the dark city set to carving out a niche in low commoragh and have started preaching the path of khaine to their lost kin, gaining power as weak archons and their kabals yield to their racial bloodlust and join them. They raid realspace relentlessly seeking the location of Heartslayer, always trying to liberate their possessed avatar.

Their path to revenge is guided by the failed autarch whose daughter allowed the daemons to invade Kher-ys (played in-game as Duke Sliscus) and a lone harlequin solitaire who silently shows the path to finding Heartslayer and avenging their people (played in game as Eldrad)

I'll post up my painted units and conversions shortly - feedback on backstory thus far welcome!!!

Last edited by ramtastic on Sat Mar 16 2013, 06:59; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Levitas
Kabalite Warrior
Levitas

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Khaine Ascendant    The Cult of Khaine Ascendant  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16 2012, 15:40

Pretty cool fluff, I like it!
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Khaine Ascendant    The Cult of Khaine Ascendant  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16 2012, 16:37

Indeed, that seem like a very interesting background. I have actually made up a character who is kind of the opposite to your autarch - an Archon who repented and fled to Tonesh-Ian, where he eventually became Autarch. Really looking forward to seeing the models.
Back to top Go down
ramtastic
Hellion
ramtastic

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Khaine Ascendant    The Cult of Khaine Ascendant  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16 2012, 23:32

Pardon the crap photo, I don't have a proper set up yet. Here is the Khainite Autarch (used as Vect)
I have my first unit of Khainites painted and will put them up shortly.

The Cult of Khaine Ascendant  42490011
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Khaine Ascendant    The Cult of Khaine Ascendant  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11 2012, 10:40

That Autarch is looking awesome. I really like the mix between the autarch and succubus kits, and the base is absolutely amazing!
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Khaine Ascendant    The Cult of Khaine Ascendant  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11 2012, 12:41

very cool, I wish I had the enthusiasm for bases like that, must make more of an effort.

I like the combination of autarch model and the succubus parts, it works really well. Can't wait to see the painted khainites.
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Preacher
Kabalite Warrior
Preacher

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Khaine Ascendant    The Cult of Khaine Ascendant  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11 2012, 12:59

As has been said, I'm liking the Autrach/Archon. The head piece keeps him looking very clearly CWE whilst the weapons and trophys give a hint at the more barbaric DE side.

I would be interested to see the other Khainites and what you have planned for them.
Back to top Go down
ramtastic
Hellion
ramtastic

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Khaine Ascendant    The Cult of Khaine Ascendant  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12 2012, 03:32

Thank guys! I have been moving house so of course the hobby suffers... however I have my first unit of Khainites painted up (mix of guardian and kabalite kits) and will be putting them asap.

I have converted a bunch of dire avengers for trueborn as their helms definitely make them stand out. I must say that i think dark sinister colours suit the dire avenger models much more than the bright circus colours of craftworlds.

Plus im really liking the idea of a variety of aspect warriors abandoning their craftworlds and uniting under one shrine and combining their skills in the aspect of Khaine the Nemesis.
Back to top Go down
ramtastic
Hellion
ramtastic

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Khaine Ascendant    The Cult of Khaine Ascendant  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13 2012, 05:22

Again, forgive the terrible iphone photos, but I dont have the means to make a photo box yet.
This is the first squad of Khainites using guardian and kabalite bits.

The Cult of Khaine Ascendant  Pictur13

The Cult of Khaine Ascendant  Pictur14

The Cult of Khaine Ascendant  Pictur15

The Cult of Khaine Ascendant  Pictur17

The Cult of Khaine Ascendant  Pictur18
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Khaine Ascendant    The Cult of Khaine Ascendant  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13 2012, 05:42

How have I missed this project log? Cool idea and paint!
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Khaine Ascendant    The Cult of Khaine Ascendant  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13 2012, 07:09

Oh my god, those guardian/kabalite mixes look drop dead gorgeous! I absolutely have to do this now!
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Khaine Ascendant    The Cult of Khaine Ascendant  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13 2012, 08:47

Not bad, not bad at all, although I think I will like it much more when they are based. So keep it up.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Khaine Ascendant    The Cult of Khaine Ascendant  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24 2012, 21:18

Darn, you beat me to my own ideas Crying or Very sad
These are seriously awesme though, and the backstory is awesome.

Last edited by Cavash on Mon Jul 02 2012, 01:04; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ramtastic
Hellion
ramtastic

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Khaine Ascendant    The Cult of Khaine Ascendant  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02 2012, 00:32

The Cult of Khaine Ascendant  Venom10

its been a while (got married) but I recently pulled my projects out and started again.
The blood spatter will be similar across my vehicles and reavers. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Khaine Ascendant    The Cult of Khaine Ascendant  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02 2012, 00:43

Gory! Any chance of a shot of the right side of the Venom? I curious to see what the blue looks like on the rear.

Congratulations on getting married! I got married last year and know exactly what you mean about having projects put on hold Razz Welcome back.
Back to top Go down
ramtastic
Hellion
ramtastic

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Khaine Ascendant    The Cult of Khaine Ascendant  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02 2012, 01:08

Thank mate Smile ill pop up some more pics when he done and based with the squad.
Ps. the 'blue' is just funny lighting, its all black and steel. Oh and blood.
Back to top Go down
Firdeth
Hellion
Firdeth

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Khaine Ascendant    The Cult of Khaine Ascendant  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02 2012, 07:33

First of all congrats on getting enslaved! Nah just kidding congrats with your marriage. Very Happy

Second; really awesome fluff, great conversions. The base on that Farseer really makes the model much more imposing. That Venom looks sick. I love the colors and gore on it, the gore actually makes a great contrasting color.
Back to top Go down
ramtastic
Hellion
ramtastic

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Khaine Ascendant    The Cult of Khaine Ascendant  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05 2012, 00:09

finished the base last night and put in the canopy and gunner.
Im trying to keep the bases visually interesting, whilst keeping the colours muted so as to not distract from the model. Kind of like the blur of a background seen as the models race past.

The Cult of Khaine Ascendant  110
The Cult of Khaine Ascendant  210
The Cult of Khaine Ascendant  310
The Cult of Khaine Ascendant  410
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Khaine Ascendant    The Cult of Khaine Ascendant  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05 2012, 09:09

That looks really sweet. Fantastic blood splatters and really good looking wear-and-tear detailing.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Khaine Ascendant    The Cult of Khaine Ascendant  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05 2012, 16:30

Those are amazing blood splatters Ramtastic, very gory. They complement the rest of your colour scheme very well. Nicely done.

If you were so inclined, you could put a windshield wiper blade at the base of the canopy, your pilot might need it!
Back to top Go down
ramtastic
Hellion
ramtastic

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Khaine Ascendant    The Cult of Khaine Ascendant  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19 2012, 00:31

Its been a long time but the brush has not been idle!
I have been working on my reavers and eldar allies.

I have really integrated my eldar allies to make them look savage and feral to match my Dark eldar.
More updates as I complete my war walkers, hornet and razorwings

The Cult of Khaine Ascendant  52002_11The Cult of Khaine Ascendant  46221810
The Cult of Khaine Ascendant  61448710
The Cult of Khaine Ascendant  54358310
The Cult of Khaine Ascendant  55203010
The Cult of Khaine Ascendant  42243810
The Cult of Khaine Ascendant  53925410
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Khaine Ascendant    The Cult of Khaine Ascendant  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19 2012, 06:01

Those jetbikes (Dark and regular Eldar) are just DISGUSTINGLY awesome. Well-done sir Twisted Evil Inspiring work my friend.
Back to top Go down
Setomidor
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Khaine Ascendant    The Cult of Khaine Ascendant  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19 2012, 06:26

Another project log to follow, really like the look and feel of the army!
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Khaine Ascendant    The Cult of Khaine Ascendant  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19 2012, 21:05

All this is just absurdly superb! The models and their posing, the paint jobs and the basing as well, looks fantastic! I am a massive fan of your War Walker, and I am happy to see more and more people plant their jetbikes on bike bases! And the guardian jetbikes, the shuriken catapult held high in hand is just such a fantastic touch - they mean business and ain't screwing around none.

Bravo sir. You've just performed a double backflip, landed on your feet, caught the rose flying from the public and put it in your mouth, then bowed. I cannot express in words how much I like all this stuff.
Back to top Go down
darkmark
Kabalite Warrior
darkmark

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Khaine Ascendant    The Cult of Khaine Ascendant  I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20 2012, 09:30

Great work so far. I like a little less gore, but you've produced some super eye candy. affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Khaine Ascendant    The Cult of Khaine Ascendant  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Cult of Khaine Ascendant
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next