THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Archons Furious Charge

Go down 
+3
@miral
The Shredder
The Fume Knight
7 posters
AuthorMessage
The Fume Knight
Kabalite Warrior
The Fume Knight

The Archons Furious Charge Empty
PostSubject: The Archons Furious Charge   The Archons Furious Charge I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30 2015, 08:35

So I figure I'd inquire, apart from the PFP perk we get later on in game, is there any way for an Archon or similar units to gain this ability? My most recent game against a Necron player, my Archon and 3 Incubi decimated his necron lord and a massive squad of Immortals with little to no issues. His Necron lord however, was aimed for Ranged attacks, not melee, but even still, first initiative on my Archon, he killed his Lord in a challenge, I know that some Ork vehicles if I recall do give them extra bumps in melee, are there any circumstances where an Archon and other melee units can as well?

In overwatch, my Archon rolled snake eyes. Lost his shadowfield and took two wounds, his warlord trait was rage, had soul trap and a Huskblade, the Necron Lord had Eternal Warrior, and was killed with 2 different wounds my Archon landed, with the Furious Charge, and challenge in, he decimated the Necron lord, the Incubi Killed 5 or 4 Immortals on the initial charge, took no casualties, and then ofc sweeping advance, if there was another way I could get furious charge on units like this, It would be so amazing.

Since that was turn 4 I believe, we rolled to see if it continued after turn 5, and it did not, so that was the last combat of the game, which was awesome, my Archon left that challenge with 5 strength, and I was too happy about him finally breaking through and doing something, the Incubi were just amazing as ever haha.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: The Archons Furious Charge   The Archons Furious Charge I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30 2015, 12:16

Your Warlord can get Furious Charge if you get lucky on the Personal Traits table (though it won't confer to his squad).

Other than that, I don't believe there's a way to get FC outside of PfP.

As a question do you normally wait until the end of the game to get your Archon/Incubi into combat?
Back to top Go down
@miral
Kabalite Warrior
@miral

PostSubject: Re: The Archons Furious Charge   The Archons Furious Charge I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30 2015, 18:30

Uriens Bubble if you want to spend so many points -.- or the small eldar wizard with runes of battle. You have to roll it still..
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: The Archons Furious Charge   The Archons Furious Charge I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30 2015, 20:39

Runes of battle dont get furious charge. Though they can roll +1 strength. Might be a better option to roll on sanctic for Hammerhand.
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych
nexs

PostSubject: Re: The Archons Furious Charge   The Archons Furious Charge I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30 2015, 21:34

You can take the Raiding party formation, a haemonculus and the animus vitae, which all can add 1 to the table.
Back to top Go down
The Fume Knight
Kabalite Warrior
The Fume Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Archons Furious Charge   The Archons Furious Charge I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31 2015, 05:41

Hmm, I'll have to get my hands on a Haemonculus then, that could help, and the only other issue is I hardly have any Craftworld Eldar, the only ones I do have are ones I bought when I was way younger.

@The Shredder
I do not, that game specifically I got unlucky a few times with the reserve rolls, so he came in late, I'm glad it happened though, its just that close to the far end of the game it was a highlight, but didn't let him loose elsewhere, as for the personal traits, are those in the rulebook? and if so what page?
Back to top Go down
@miral
Kabalite Warrior
@miral

PostSubject: Re: The Archons Furious Charge   The Archons Furious Charge I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31 2015, 06:05

Mind that the ordinary Haemonculus does not have fleet - unless he is from the coven detachment/formation and you buy him the relic that allows him to have fleet. For eldar allies, all you want is a farseer (I made mine out of crew parts from a raider, a guardian biker and a wizard hat of grey stuff) and three jetbikes. You can even use dark eldar models and parts.
Back to top Go down
The Fume Knight
Kabalite Warrior
The Fume Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Archons Furious Charge   The Archons Furious Charge I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31 2015, 06:07

Hmm. I might actually have a Farseer then in my giant bits box. I just feel iffy using Craftworld allies, and I also don't have a Craftworld codex to see his stats :s
Back to top Go down
@miral
Kabalite Warrior
@miral

PostSubject: Re: The Archons Furious Charge   The Archons Furious Charge I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31 2015, 06:13

You would need a copy of some pages.. well I believe a farseer or even spiritseer can make a list very versatile and also few windriders give the much needed ability to open a rhino without needing three ravager. If you want to go with the haemonculus instead, I recommend the grotesquerie- formation. Which is also kind of tricky to get, models wise, and might make your inccubi redundant. Maybe just skip fleet and take a plain one?
Back to top Go down
The Fume Knight
Kabalite Warrior
The Fume Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Archons Furious Charge   The Archons Furious Charge I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31 2015, 06:27

Well in that type of a scenario, I'd probably rather just go with the Farseer haha, grotesques are rare find on Ebay, not to mention very expensive
Back to top Go down
Fraust
Hellion
Fraust

PostSubject: Re: The Archons Furious Charge   The Archons Furious Charge I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01 2015, 01:58

No one in their right mind fills out a grotesquerie with gw grotesques...

Pick up some rat ogres, or regular ogres, or warhamhordes spear chucker doodes, or ANYTHING else.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: The Archons Furious Charge   The Archons Furious Charge I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01 2015, 03:19

The Red King wrote:
Runes of battle dont get furious charge. Though they can roll +1 strength.  Might be a better option to roll on sanctic for Hammerhand.

The problem with that is the perils on any doubles from daemonology
Back to top Go down
http://objectivesecured.com.au/
The Fume Knight
Kabalite Warrior
The Fume Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Archons Furious Charge   The Archons Furious Charge I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01 2015, 09:57

I'd prefer using a GW Grotesque, I love painting my DE, and I've also wanted to paint Grotesques, so buying the actual ones is a must. XD
Back to top Go down
Fraust
Hellion
Fraust

PostSubject: Re: The Archons Furious Charge   The Archons Furious Charge I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02 2015, 20:14

The actual one, actually. There is only one model, and last I recall it's 20 some odd bucks per. If that doesn't change your mind on the issue, more power to you, but I, in no way, will consider you to be in your right mind Wink (just friendly ribbing by the way, what you do with your dudes is totally your business)

Massaen...I haven't ran daemonology on my eldar, but I run maleific with my orks regularly and it's not as big a problem as people think. Especially when you factor in eldar's ability to ignore the wounds on a perils. I think it's definitely worth trying out.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: The Archons Furious Charge   The Archons Furious Charge I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02 2015, 22:29

The Fume Knight wrote:

@The Shredder
I do not, that game specifically I got unlucky a few times with the reserve rolls, so he came in late, I'm glad it happened though, its just that close to the far end of the game it was a highlight, but didn't let him loose elsewhere

Fair enough.

The Fume Knight wrote:
as for the personal traits, are those in the rulebook? and if so what page?

Sorry, I don't know the page. But, Warlord Traits should be in the index.

Also, one other thing to consider - if you use the Kabalite Raiding Party Formation, then your army gets +1PfP as long as your Archon is alive (so you get FC a turn faster).

Obviously the main downside of this is that you have to use the Kabalite Raiding Party... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Archons Furious Charge   The Archons Furious Charge I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Archons Furious Charge
Page 1 of 1