THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

A "new" way to win with DE vehicles

Go down 
+2
Kinnay
killedbydeath
6 posters
AuthorMessage
killedbydeath
Hellion
killedbydeath

A "new" way to win with DE vehicles Empty
PostSubject: A "new" way to win with DE vehicles   A "new" way to win with DE vehicles I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10 2015, 17:50

We have some of the fastest vehicles in the game and can get the "tank shock" ability for all vehicles in the army for 5 points!?

I am 100 % going to tank shock someones "cheesy power unit" in my next game Very Happy bye bye stupid SM chapter master on bike etc.. Twisted Evil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViiIY3AqgOc
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: A "new" way to win with DE vehicles   A "new" way to win with DE vehicles I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10 2015, 20:27

And then what, if I may ask? Chances are they'll pass the test and kill you afterwards. Even if they don't, they're Astartes and sure as hell don't know fear (if they're not Fesrless already), so they'll be back in their turn anyway.

killedbydeath
Hellion
killedbydeath

PostSubject: Re: A "new" way to win with DE vehicles   A "new" way to win with DE vehicles I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10 2015, 21:38

It doesn't matter who they are or if they are fearless. If they are trapped they dead with no saves. 3 or 4 raiders or venoms could easy take out any non-vehicle or GC. If you use fladout with 1-2 raiders to block and tank shock with 1-2 raiders or venoms you could easy trap and tank shock a unit.
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: A "new" way to win with DE vehicles   A "new" way to win with DE vehicles I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10 2015, 22:25

Right, I'm not sure the way they explain tank shocks in the video is how it actually works. It certainly is possible to set up a Crunch! result, but it requires more resources to do so. And at that point your tank shocking models aren't shooting or transporting models. We're AV10 too, so almost everyone can Death or Glory us... :-/

stilgar27
Sybarite
stilgar27

PostSubject: Re: A "new" way to win with DE vehicles   A "new" way to win with DE vehicles I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10 2015, 22:45

I tend to use tank shock with other armies to harass units off of objectives or out of cover.  Typically this is with 1 silly transport, or anti-air tank, that really can't effectively shoot at the target anyway and I've never committed to it enough to try for the "crunch" option.

I really don't think it's a great tactic for the dark kin as our transports are really all we have going, and using them in this negates both their mobility and firepower.  Then of course there is the whole "front av 10" thing.  The one advantage is that as skimmers they're not going to get immobilized on terrain like I've had happen with actual tanks.

All that said, I plan on experimenting with this under the new corsairs list when it comes out. In that list you can take up to 6 40 point vehicles in one squad and give them all tank shock for 5 points.  The rules seem pretty straightforward, but I expect arguments (especially in regards to what is "beneath" a skimmer) to erupt when I start removing high value models this way.

My main concern is death or glory attacks, but since a failed one guarantees the target's death, it's a risk for both parties.
Back to top Go down
Sigmaril
Sybarite
Sigmaril

PostSubject: Re: A "new" way to win with DE vehicles   A "new" way to win with DE vehicles I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11 2015, 01:26

I'm quite certain Reece got this one wrong. I'm rather dissapointed, really. I usually have a lot of respect for these guys, and I don't know why none of his associates objected.
If Tank Shocking worked like this, it would be one of the most over-used tactics in the game, with no reason at all to bring models that are tank-shock'able.

When tank-shocked, you have to move your model the shortest possible route, WHILE staying in coherency AND 1" away from your opponent. If the shortest possible way to conclude the second and third points is 23 inches, then so be it, but they do not die.
Back to top Go down
stilgar27
Sybarite
stilgar27

PostSubject: Re: A "new" way to win with DE vehicles   A "new" way to win with DE vehicles I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11 2015, 03:13

I didn't actually watch the video the first time through so shame on me, but his explanations do assume a lot.  I think the shortest route/unit cohesion breaker is still sound, seriously doubt the rest.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: A "new" way to win with DE vehicles   A "new" way to win with DE vehicles I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11 2015, 06:59

Whilst I admire what the FLG guys are doing with the ITC their grasp of the rules often leaves a great deal to be desired.

organicpesticide
Hellion
organicpesticide

PostSubject: Re: A "new" way to win with DE vehicles   A "new" way to win with DE vehicles I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11 2015, 19:03

Imagine wwp'in two squads of Grots behind/sides (angled like a triangle) a death star and tank shocking with 2 raiders from the front. Guess we figured out how to handle 2++ rerollables. Too bad most deathstars now have large based models or are massive in unit size.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A "new" way to win with DE vehicles   A "new" way to win with DE vehicles I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A "new" way to win with DE vehicles
Page 1 of 1