THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabalite armor

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LemonStar
Slave
LemonStar

Kabalite armor Empty
PostSubject: Kabalite armor   Kabalite armor I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07 2015, 08:01

Hello everyone. I've got a question that bothers me for some time now, and can't find the answer. I won't revive the 2011 post about DE armor, as I have specific interest in it. It is said that power armor protects its wearer from the void and from the pressure of the depths. Which means it is practically an kosmonauts suit if need be, and SM can fight in vacuum of space. However can't find any info on Kabalite Warriors specifically. In codex it states that they've got rebreathers to protect them from some toxic atnosphere, can't recall where exactly it is written. However I have no info if it is hermetically closed suit, is it capable of protecting in space and deep water, and if it would in any way augment its wearer, be it sensory or physically? Given that DE are a starfaring race for millenia and technologically superior to Imperium it would be only logical for them to have suits like that. Have you guys seen somewhere something regarding that? Not some special suit, just the Kabalite warrior basic suits? If it's a stupid question I apologise. Cheers

Milun
Back to top Go down
Erebus
HTMLaemonculus
Erebus

Kabalite armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabalite armor   Kabalite armor I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07 2015, 13:19

The most information I've seen on Kabalite armour is from the 5th Edition codex:

When going to war, each Warrior girds himself with a sophisticated bodysuit of segmented armour. These suits are donned during lengthy and unnecessarily painful pre-battle rituals, the better to ensure the wearer's psyche is honed to a single point of murderous intent. Much of the bodysuit is held in place with long metal barbs and hooks that penetrate deep into the wearer's nerve bundles, sharpening his senses with the constant sting of pain.

No mention either way of it being hermetically sealed.

Sybarite
Khain mor

Kabalite armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabalite armor   Kabalite armor I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27 2015, 06:32

the rebreather masks are something small, same for air generators in the suit, it's not something big and silly like the Mon Keigh. though there are a couple of differences, kabalite armor is like the Mesh armors of the craftworlds. We know for a fact those are closed up.

The suit is still hermetic I think, the armor goes on top, but there's the leather suit underneath. I'm sure not not regular leather, some kind of weird eldar suit probably, might be solid enough to be hermetic. Kabalite armor might be sealed hermetictly, but Wych suits & covenite armor certainly isn't.

We know that Corsairs are specilist space fighters, they all wear masks, if you check their model range (FW), it's all with helmets and the suit and everything is space worthy.

In fluff it's mostly Kabalite that fight space battles and space raids, I'm guessing Kabalite armor is suited for space battles, though it's not fully confirmed.

The Biggest Kabal ever, be sure to check it out if you haven't, old and new units.
The Biggest Dark Eldar Apocalypse force you'll find on the net.

My Eldar Facebook Page, feel free to join. All Eldar factions allowed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254489
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Kabalite armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabalite armor   Kabalite armor I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27 2015, 10:08

I don't think they are sealed. Why should they? The Web way isn't a void so a breather would be enough. Why fight space battles if I don't need to use the Space?

Slave
LemonStar

Kabalite armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabalite armor   Kabalite armor I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28 2015, 09:40

They fight in different environments. I am of the same opinion, that warrior's suit is sealed and fit for combat in void, just can't find definitive proof in fluff, hence the request for help.
Back to top Go down
Aroshamash
Sybarite
Aroshamash

Kabalite armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabalite armor   Kabalite armor I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29 2015, 05:50

I think we can handle void-armour. We have suns bound to our whim, have transcended death, and just generally proved our superiority in every way possible. A space-suit shouldn't be a challenge.

Kabalite armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabalite armor   Kabalite armor I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabalite armor
Page 1 of 1