THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Bright Armor Schemes?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RolandDarkfire
Hellion
RolandDarkfire

Bright Armor Schemes? Empty
PostSubject: Bright Armor Schemes?   Bright Armor Schemes? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 04 2017, 12:54

I got the basic set up for my Kabalites color Scheme, a base of Murderous Magenta (P3), Emperors Children for highlights, Carroburg Crimson for a wash, and Leadbelcher and nuln oil for the weopons base.

I plan on priming black to darken the magenta, I like the color but dont want it too bright.

Have you seen an unconventional color scheme pulled off well for the Drukhari? Am I crazy for picking these colors? Razz
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Bright Armor Schemes?   Bright Armor Schemes? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 04 2017, 15:19

I'd check pinterest. There are some amazing schemes there. Check Harlies for interesting bright schemes too. Some of the best works are found there.

Like these amazing pieces of work:
Bright Armor Schemes? 7b63ec1358582b961279d86df01528da
Bright Armor Schemes? Febc851e7e7973ea5ee918a480886c95
Bright Armor Schemes? 705ea04b769b1bf27d641532aebc2029
Bright Armor Schemes? Ff506ed9ae860acf824eab21998c36ac
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Bright Armor Schemes?   Bright Armor Schemes? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 07 2017, 11:55

You can still reduce the brightness by mixing your paints : add a little bit of a darker color (even 1/10th) will do the trick.

If you're afraid of it getting too flashy, applying a thinned down layer of lahmia can mattyfy your painting but
- DO TEST before using it on a completed fig (apply on miniature plastic casing your color sheme, then lahmia half of it, to compare results)
- You can apply lahmia selectively, only on your overbrighten part.

For the unusual color scheme, I've painted a white DE army, with touches of red and blue.
Currently working on a proper website to display them, but you can still check my avatar for now to have an idea :p
If you're interested I can post a couple more pics

Bright Armor Schemes? 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / Bright Armor Schemes? 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bright Armor Schemes?   Bright Armor Schemes? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bright Armor Schemes?
Page 1 of 1