THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Wraithknight

Go down 
+13
Vasara
Klaivex Charondyr
Bugs_N_Orks
The Shredder
CptMetal
Lord_Alino
colinsherlow
Squidmaster
lessthanjeff
Count Adhemar
Haagrum
amorrowlyday
Drizzt23
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

Wraithknight  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wraithknight    Wraithknight  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10 2015, 08:11

1++ wrote:
Painjunky wrote:
Your opponent wants you to waste all your firepower shooting at his wraithknight while the rest of his army runs around, kicking your ass and scoring the OBJs unmolested.

Don't fall into this trap.

Ignore it, run from it, bait it, block it. Shoot your guns at targets they can actually kill.

Above all PLAY THE MISSION!!! Every turn, identify what you need to do to win and do it. Don't get distracted by big shiny things!

Great response!!

I like the idea of baiting it or throwing the odd road block whilst the rest of our army boosts away too

All good except WK is a Jump GC. Not so easy to block its movement.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Painjunky
Wych
Painjunky

PostSubject: Re: Wraithknight    Wraithknight  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10 2015, 10:16

Vasara wrote:
1++ wrote:
Painjunky wrote:
Your opponent wants you to waste all your firepower shooting at his wraithknight while the rest of his army runs around, kicking your ass and scoring the OBJs unmolested.

Don't fall into this trap.

Ignore it, run from it, bait it, block it. Shoot your guns at targets they can actually kill.

Above all PLAY THE MISSION!!! Every turn, identify what you need to do to win and do it. Don't get distracted by big shiny things!

Great response!!

I like the idea of baiting it or throwing the odd road block whilst the rest of our army boosts away too

All good except WK is a Jump GC. Not so easy to block its movement.

Hey 1++! Thanx mate! Cool

As Vasara said it is hard to block as it is Jump GC. Even so its quite large base must end its movement within 12" and at least 1" away from enemy models. With this knowledge you can pick the direction you dont want it to move in, do a bit of pre-measuring, and seriously slow it down with an expendable unit.

Not so much blocking as limiting its movement and slowing it down. Wink
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Wraithknight    Wraithknight  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10 2015, 10:24

Oh yeah sorry, a bit rusty lol...was thinking of an Imp Knight for the blocking etc

Sybarite
Sigmaril

PostSubject: Re: Wraithknight    Wraithknight  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17 2016, 03:11

As others have said, the best bet is to ignore it and avoid it. At it's most dangerous, it has 8 S6 and 2 S:D shots equalling 10 (to Dark Eldar) deadly shots. To compare, a 3-man unit of scatterbikes (81p) has 12 (to Dark Eldar) deadly shots, and are infinately easier to hurt.
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

PostSubject: Re: Wraithknight    Wraithknight  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17 2016, 14:04

As Vasara mentioned, the Corpsthiefe Claw with Ichor Injectors does sound like the best way to deal with it quickly and then you can go hunting infantry units to wrack up VP's that you've almost certainly missed out on by running that 650pt beatstick and not having more Venoms. The downside is that they'll be going at the same time so how many Taloi do you loose to that strength D sword?
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Wraithknight    Wraithknight  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17 2016, 19:17

The Corpsethief with injectors with kill a wraithknight fairly easily. Except the wraithknight is much faster and can probably avoid the Talos most of the time

Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Wraithknight    Wraithknight  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17 2016, 19:18

Also, if it's sporting those D-weapon cannons, it's got a good long-range answer to the CTC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wraithknight    Wraithknight  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wraithknight
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-