THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

One Spirit - One Song, One Deadly Dance

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Skari
Wych
Skari

One Spirit - One Song, One Deadly Dance Empty
PostSubject: One Spirit - One Song, One Deadly Dance   One Spirit - One Song, One Deadly Dance I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10 2015, 02:43

Here is the Craftworld Eldar army that I am considering. 750pts HERE is the main thread for the one spirit series.

Combined Arms Detachment
- This is for the objective secured and its not an alied detachment so I can take the two Fast attack slots. Now, the units here are mostly chosen because of my limited collection, but this is always a great drive for me to learn how to use them rather than purchase more stuff.

HQ/

Autarch (70) Banshee Mask (5) Power Sword (15) - 90pts

- The unit is designed for two main purposes. The first is reserve manipulation this is huge with any of the Spirit armies that I am designing, and this model adds a level of tactical flexibility that is paramout to the armies use. If all else fails, he runs with the dire avengers in the wave serpent to give them a haywire grenade and some cc power. The other main use is the negation of overwatch! This is HUGE agains certain armies, especially with the corsairs and the harlequins... do not underestimate this.

Troops/

8 x Dire Avengers - 104pts
Dedicated Wave Serpent (110) TL scatter laser (5) - 115pts

- Basic troop choice for the army, NOW... I could make this unit more Eldar jetbikes about 4 more units! BUT i dont own the minis... so I will use what I have. The wave serpents provide some cool ignore cover potential to the army and some tougher targets with AV 12 and the shield to negate as much AT damage from the enemy. Used to screen the lower armour targets from the other spirit armies. Dire avengers are no chumps and they have some kick to them!

3 Windrider Jetbikes - 51pts
- No scatter lasers. These are designed to come in to the game turn 3 or 4 and start taking objectives while staying out of trouble... they are useful in a pinch if needed.

Fast Attack/

5 Warp Spiders - 95pts
- In a single word... warp spiders are AWESOME. They are so good. even 5 with no upgrades! they are going to be awesome.

Wave Serpent (110) TL Scatter laser (5)
- This is an interesting choice. It is more because of the allies to the army more than anything, the corsairs, harlies and even the dark eldar can use the transport in a pinch to get to where they need to go! it also provides supporting fire and some good anti flier firepower.

1 Vyper (40) 2 x Shuriken Cannon (10) - 50pts
- In a perfect world, this unit should be another warwalker (less the power weapon on the autarch) but its fast, can take down light tanks and capture the odd objective for a cheap cost.

Heavy Support/

War Walker (60) Scatter Laser, Bright Lance (5) - 65pts

War Walker (60) Scatter Laser, Bright Lance (5) - 65pts

- Two separate units. They are small annoying units that can deal with a variety of threats. I am considering running one with only lances and one with only scatters, OR tweak them to both have double lances to add some AT to the list... I think that is the best choice. They outflank, and they scout, and they have an invul save and they can move shoot move... great all round units.

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
http://patreon.com/skaredcast
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: One Spirit - One Song, One Deadly Dance   One Spirit - One Song, One Deadly Dance I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10 2015, 08:06

Skari wrote:
5 Warp Spiders - 95pts
- In a single word... warp spiders are AWESOME. They are so good. even 5 with no upgrades! they are going to be awesome.

With Exarch the most broken thing in the game atm (Not sure about Mont'ka formations though). 105pts for almost unkillable unit.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: One Spirit - One Song, One Deadly Dance   One Spirit - One Song, One Deadly Dance I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12 2015, 12:22

Yeah, I'd definitely want the Warp Spider Exarch.

Out of interest, is there a reason you're using 8 Dire Avengers?
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: One Spirit - One Song, One Deadly Dance   One Spirit - One Song, One Deadly Dance I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14 2015, 01:35

The 8 fire avengers offshoot the odd cost of the bikes... As for the exarch you are right gotta squeeze him in there.

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: One Spirit - One Song, One Deadly Dance   One Spirit - One Song, One Deadly Dance I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14 2015, 19:53

Skari wrote:
The 8 fire avengers offshoot the odd cost of the bikes...

Out of curiosity, do you always do this with lists?
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: One Spirit - One Song, One Deadly Dance   One Spirit - One Song, One Deadly Dance I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15 2015, 19:42

I like having lists that are bang on points

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Spirit - One Song, One Deadly Dance   One Spirit - One Song, One Deadly Dance I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One Spirit - One Song, One Deadly Dance
Page 1 of 1