THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Harlequin Allies Questions

Go down 
+4
Count Adhemar
Lord_Alino
Jimsolo
Norion12
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Norion12
Slave
Norion12

Harlequin Allies Questions Empty
PostSubject: Harlequin Allies Questions   Harlequin Allies Questions I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13 2016, 02:52

Hey all, I'm new to DE and am working on army lists as I paint up my stuff. My question is:

If I take "The Heroes' Path" or "Cast of Players" formation from the Harlequin Codex, and I take a Raider or Venom in my Dark Eldar CAD, can those formations deploy in the transport at the beginning of the game?

Id like to have a mobile army, but didn't know if this was how the rules worked for transports.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Allies Questions   Harlequin Allies Questions I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13 2016, 04:05

It does, as long as the Raider/Venom was purchased as a Fast Attack choice and not a Dedicated Transport.

Also, even though the Heroes Path is one Formation, it's still three separate units, and each will require their own transport (although the expenditure is worth it, in my opinion).
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Allies Questions   Harlequin Allies Questions I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13 2016, 05:48

Jim you've taught me something today. I now know for when my brother has his army
Back to top Go down
Norion12
Slave
Norion12

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Allies Questions   Harlequin Allies Questions I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18 2016, 10:10

Cool thanks for the info. So I'm assuming it would work the same way with the Eldar "seer council", as they have to form one unit, they could be deployed in a Raider? Smile
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Allies Questions   Harlequin Allies Questions I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18 2016, 10:25

Yes. Any Battle Brother ally can be deployed in an allied transport at the start of the game as long as the transport was not purchased as a dedicated transport for another unit.

Leninade
Kabalite Warrior
Leninade

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Allies Questions   Harlequin Allies Questions I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20 2016, 20:10

Independent characters can all share transports
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Allies Questions   Harlequin Allies Questions I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20 2016, 21:35

Leninade wrote:
Independent characters can all share transports

Except that the ones in Heroes Path aren't allowed to join units.
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Allies Questions   Harlequin Allies Questions I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20 2016, 21:40

Norion12 wrote:
Cool thanks for the info. So I'm assuming it would work the same way with the Eldar "seer council", as they have to form one unit, they could be deployed in a Raider? Smile

They don't 'have' to form one unit. They literally can't, as they're normal Independent Characters. The Solitaire himself lacks the option to even join a regular squad.

Unless the formation gives these 3 some special rule for it?

[EDIT] - Is this still the case? I'm second guessing myself now. I know these three can't, but can normal IC's join up without a squad to make a unit in this edition?

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Allies Questions   Harlequin Allies Questions I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20 2016, 22:17

hydranixx wrote:

[EDIT] - Is this still the case? I'm second guessing myself now. I know these three can't, but can normal IC's join up without a squad to make a unit in this edition?

Yeah, it's still allowed.

I've never once seen it done, but it's still allowed.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Allies Questions   Harlequin Allies Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21 2016, 03:44

It tends to happen when a unit is destroyed except for the characters

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Allies Questions   Harlequin Allies Questions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Harlequin Allies Questions
Page 1 of 1