THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark reapers

Go down 
+5
The Red King
Cavalier
MarcoAvrelis
Count Adhemar
Xm0shcryptX
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Xm0shcryptX
Kabalite Warrior
Xm0shcryptX

Dark reapers  Empty
PostSubject: Dark reapers    Dark reapers  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13 2016, 07:42

So I love the look of dark reapers and am interested in trying to fit them in to my competitive list. Wanted to see if 1. It is a competitive choice to begin with. 2. How do you run them. 3. How much success or failure do you have with them.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Dark reapers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark reapers    Dark reapers  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13 2016, 09:22

I've used them a few times. Their ability to ignore jink saves makes them very useful against a number of things, including Eldar Jetbikes and SM Bikes (especially those pesky DA ones with rerollable jink). Particularly with 2 shots at S5 and AP3. A small squad of these can wipe out a large(ish) unit of bikers in one turn.

They are expensive though and need to be well protected if they are to earn their points back.

MarcoAvrelis
Kabalite Warrior
MarcoAvrelis

Dark reapers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark reapers    Dark reapers  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13 2016, 11:26

I met once a player who had 2 units of 3 and 1 unit of 4, with my noise marines. They killed a lot of marines, and fast.

Wych
Cavalier

Dark reapers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark reapers    Dark reapers  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13 2016, 12:14

I've had great success with my Dark Reapers. I face a lot of Marine biker armies and I just got so sick of that I decided to be absurd take a unit of 10 just for laughs and they went absolutely ham on my opponents. But even that game aside I've found them to be super reliable and nasty against flyers when on an aegis.

I found its really not hard to make them work in even the most mobile armies. They have such great range that you can stick them high up in a ruin in your backfield and call it a day. Your opponent will really need to commit to kill them when in cover which means usually means multiple drop pods or sustained long range fire power which is usually reserved for the Wraithknight, Jetbikes or Eldar infantry moving in for the kill. In my experience they ignore the Reapers and instead go for the more immediate threats.

If you can put them in Aspect Host, run them 6-7 strong just to keep their numbers up from incoming fire and enjoy. If you play against bikes your gonna love them.

Kabalite Warrior
Xm0shcryptX

Dark reapers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark reapers    Dark reapers  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13 2016, 15:46

Sounds like a plan ! Hopefully I can find some space and get them in it sounds very worth while
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

Dark reapers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark reapers    Dark reapers  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13 2016, 16:22

They have relentless if I'm not mistaken so I run mine in a venom for added mobility and protection. I highly recommend the anti tank missile upgrade.

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Dark reapers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark reapers    Dark reapers  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13 2016, 16:30

The Red King wrote:
They have relentless if I'm not mistaken so I run mine in a venom for added mobility and protection. I highly recommend the anti tank missile  upgrade.

It's Slow & Purposeful but much the same (except no overwatch)

Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

Dark reapers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark reapers    Dark reapers  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13 2016, 16:32

I use them in venoms too (if I use them at all) as they can fire on the move and the venom adds a lot of protection and mobility as well as additional firepower.
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

Dark reapers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark reapers    Dark reapers  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13 2016, 17:43

I love reapers. I always have them in an aspect host as BS5 means they hit much more accurately and you can get away with fewer dark reapers if points are tight.

I tend to run a unit of 4-5 with Exarch and all with the St8 missile upgrade as well. Around 150-180pts. They tend to sit in cover or a VSG when I use it. Which gives them the VSG shields and solid cover.

Reapers have often been my VIPs in a ton of games. Scattbikes, spiders and my knight tend to be the main target priorities so the reapers usually pull more than their weight in most games.

Reapers are a hard unit to leave behind. That us why they are in 90% of my Eldar lists.

Hellion
Dr.Clock

Dark reapers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark reapers    Dark reapers  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07 2016, 02:12

colinsherlow hits the proverbial nail on the head. Used to be too expensive, now a STEAL at 25 points (though more reasonably 33 with kraks),

Bonus points for throwing a farseer in there for extra reaping, although if they're in an aspect host and properly supported, they are perfectly self-sufficient. Between these and dragons, a Divination farseer can buff either into truly terrifying units for ~300 points total (though dragons would be more if you mounted them).

Cheers,

The Good Doctor.
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

Dark reapers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark reapers    Dark reapers  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07 2016, 03:56

Their 48" range is a huge boon too. Very usefull.

Dark reapers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark reapers    Dark reapers  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark reapers
Page 1 of 1