THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Small Yvraine+Dark Reapers Detachment?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tonytastey
Hellion
tonytastey

Small Yvraine+Dark Reapers Detachment? Empty
PostSubject: Small Yvraine+Dark Reapers Detachment?   Small Yvraine+Dark Reapers Detachment? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 04 2017, 13:43

Since the big Strength from Death nerf, has anyone tried running a small(ish) detachment of Ynnari along side a mostly DE force?

I'm thinking something like this:

Ynnari Patrol Detachment
Yvraine - 132
5x Kabalite - 35 (detachment tax)
9x Dark Reapers + Exarch w/ Tempest - 275
Wave Serpent (w/ Stones) - 139

At 581 points this is over 25% of 2,000 point list, but they are well protected inside the Wave Serpent and as soon as they get to shoot they are going unleash holy hell on whatever they can see (or worst case scenario if they can't see anything, the Exarch + Tempest Launcher gets to fire twice for a whopping 4D6 shots)

The rest of the list is:

Aeldari Battalion Detachment
Farseer Skyrunner - 135
Haemonculus w/ Electrowhip - 84

5x Kabalite w/ Blaster & Agonizer (in Venom) - 134
5x Kabalite w/ Blaster & Agonizer (in Venom) - 134
9x Wracks w/ Ossefactor (in Raider w/ DL) - 227

Ravager 3x Dissie - 185
Ravager 3x DL - 155
Ravager 3x DL - 155

Hemlock Wraithfighter - 210

1418 Aeldari + 581 Ynnari = 1999 points

By keeping the Ynnari detachment separate I can take Wracks w/ PfP as an ultra resilient unit to protect my Dark Reapers or go out and hold objectives if I'm not worried about getting deep struck/charged.

It's definitely a glass cannon but that's what Dark Eldar is, right?!
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Small Yvraine+Dark Reapers Detachment?   Small Yvraine+Dark Reapers Detachment? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 04 2017, 21:43

Im doing this.

Yvarine
5 Shiny Spears
10 Dark Reapers

It is a Spear head, but if i'm playing Quins its 2 Voidweavers, if i'm DE its 2 Ravagers.

Either way the MAIN part is those 3 units the others are there to fill the requirements of the Spearhead since they dont gain any army wide rule anyways.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
tonytastey
Hellion
tonytastey

PostSubject: Re: Small Yvraine+Dark Reapers Detachment?   Small Yvraine+Dark Reapers Detachment? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 05 2017, 01:06

How's it been working out for you? Is 10 Dark Reapers shooting twice valuable enough to leave Yvraine with them? Are you able to keep them safe most games from deep strike?
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Small Yvraine+Dark Reapers Detachment?   Small Yvraine+Dark Reapers Detachment? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 05 2017, 01:45

They work for me b.c they dont seem as scary as 4 units of Troupes within melee/metla range turns 1-2

Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Small Yvraine+Dark Reapers Detachment?   Small Yvraine+Dark Reapers Detachment? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 05 2017, 03:21

The problem is that for her cost you can just get more reapers. Running big units is best for soulburst but the second you are running squads of 5, just take another unit over Yvraine

Autarch with reaper launcher plus 3x5 reapers all in a Alaitoc spearhead is very effective

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Small Yvraine+Dark Reapers Detachment?   Small Yvraine+Dark Reapers Detachment? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 05 2017, 06:27

Massaen wrote:
The problem is that for her cost you can just get more reapers. Running big units is best for soulburst but the second you are running squads of 5, just take another unit over Yvraine

Autarch with reaper launcher plus 3x5 reapers all in a Alaitoc spearhead is very effective

Or you move your reapers around and use her to also cast other powers and Denys

1 large unit is also less Drops than 2x5, it really depends on your list.

Tho i see your point, Personally i would do a Farseer over Autarch Smile Doom and some others are just really good.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Small Yvraine+Dark Reapers Detachment?   Small Yvraine+Dark Reapers Detachment? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Small Yvraine+Dark Reapers Detachment?
Page 1 of 1