THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Corsairs - How many Hate Bringers are too many Hate Bringers?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

Corsairs - How many Hate Bringers are too many Hate Bringers? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsairs - How many Hate Bringers are too many Hate Bringers?   Corsairs - How many Hate Bringers are too many Hate Bringers? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15 2016, 01:15

Yeah, Brace of Pistols seems the clear winner in most cases. As you say, 12" or under is the ideal Corsair range to work within.

stilgar27 wrote:
I've even taken to running my corsair venoms (when I do run them) with the stock twin linked lasblasters in front.  It's 10 points cheaper and hits about as often as the splinter cannon when jinking due to the re-rolls (since corsair venoms don't have flickerfields - you'll have to do that often).  Besides, it's not like we can't pack in enough splinter fire elsewhere, a cannon here costs twice as much as it would on a bike.

That's an interesting idea, actually. 10 pts saved is 10pts earned, so I'll be giving it some thought if I do decide on Corsair Venoms. To be honest though, I've actually considered playing my Reavers with DE Venoms, for the natural Night Vision and 5++. I think I prefer DE Venoms as they rarely have to jink, and it's definitely not above Corsairs to steal/trade DE for them.

Playing 2 minimum units of Kabalites isn't too much of a tax to include DE allies, especially when they contribute with their own Venoms, Objective Secured and PfP, which is often taken for granted in this forum, but is actually very valid consideration in a CWE/Corsair/Harlequin list, for late game holding objectives too.

It would look something like:

DE CAD - 350 pts

Lhamean* (in reserve)
2 x 5 Kabalites with a Venom
2 x Venom

*Could add an Archon instead if you want WWP access for something

What do you guys think about rolling with DE Venoms in lieu of Corsair Venoms?

stilgar27 wrote:
As far as bikes go - I'd say it's scatter lasers or splinter cannons, leaning more towards splinter cannons.

Yeah, I agree. I will mostly be playing MSU Splinter bikes. For only 10 more points that a DE Venom, I can add an extra splinter cannon and all the pretty rules that Cloud Dancers come with.

stilgar27 wrote:
4 hornets

Shocked

Yeah, if I had access to 4 of these magnificent things, I would never bother with Dark Lances again. I had also forgotten the extra 12" range... Wow it's even more of a one sided affair comparing the two weapons.

stilgar27 wrote:
I also had 2 beat up old falcons I re purposed for my corsairs, which together let me scout a couple more pulse lasers up the table.
I'm glad you brought this up. I too have an old Falcon which I've been considering for my Corsairs. I had initially thought Bright Lance as the side weapon as it matches the target types it would be hunting and it's only 5pts.. but yeah, perhaps an EML is a better match due to it's range and flexibility.

Thanks for that.

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down

Corsairs - How many Hate Bringers are too many Hate Bringers?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2