THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Killing a Knight

Go down 
+11
The Red King
Rokuro
BlackCadian
Wolfsark
BetrayTheWorld
CptMetal
mrmagoo
Jimsolo
MarcoAvrelis
Count Adhemar
Ahrall
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Alvaneron
Hellion
Alvaneron

Killing a Knight - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killing a Knight   Killing a Knight - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 09 2016, 10:32

Well it was intended that it is a general rule, thus being always the point (in this Edition Rulebook). The Problem was that is was not 100% clear, and thats the reason why people played it differently as GW designed it, and that was the point in the Question in the FAQ, because you were able to talk yourself out of it. But no more Wink

As for Knights,
i saw some people who DS some Haywire Scourges in the back and some Venoms in Front or Side with Blasterborn, suicide Squads.
That works, if you kill it in your shooting phase, if not, your units are Toast Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Killing a Knight   Killing a Knight - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 09 2016, 10:42

Alvaneron wrote:
As for Knights,
i saw some people who DS some Haywire Scourges in the back and some Venoms in Front or Side with Blasterborn, suicide Squads.
That works, if you kill it in your shooting phase, if not, your units are Toast Very Happy

Problem with that tactic of course being that you need several suicide squads to have even a remote chance of it working. Haywire Scourges are likely to inflict 2.22 HP (for 120 points), Blasterborn (inc a Haywire Grenade) do 1.89 HP (for 130 points + Transport). The Knight is likely to put his Shield to face the Scourges so they only end up doing half that. You're going to need some lucky rolls or 3-4 squads (and that adds up to way more than the cost of the Knight!

Alvaneron
Hellion
Alvaneron

PostSubject: Re: Killing a Knight   Killing a Knight - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 09 2016, 12:24

Count Adhemar wrote:
You're going to need some lucky rolls or 3-4 squads (and that adds up to way more than the cost of the Knight!

Yep, thats the reason i ignore them ^^

If you are really bold, you can geht them into combat with a suicide squad of Talos, or Grots, god luck surviving the first round, but he can´t shoot at you in the next round if you do Razz

PS: don´t do that Laughing
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Killing a Knight   Killing a Knight - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 09 2016, 13:53

Alvaneron wrote:
The Problem was that is was not 100% clear, and thats the reason why people played it differently as GW designed it, and that was the point in the Question in the FAQ, because you were able to talk yourself out of it. But no more Wink

But that's the thing, it *was* 100% clear. Yet, somehow, the faq managed to rule it the other way.

The only limit is that a unit can only throw one grenade per turn.

Using a grenade in assault isn't throwing it. This is true in both rules and fluff. Hence, there is no reason whatsoever why that restriction should apply in assault. Hell, Melta Bombs *can't* be thrown.
Back to top Go down
Alvaneron
Hellion
Alvaneron

PostSubject: Re: Killing a Knight   Killing a Knight - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 09 2016, 14:01

The Shredder wrote:
But that's the thing, it *was* 100% clear.

Nope. As you said, there is a difference between throw and stick.
The FAQ clearly specified how to use grenades in Assault in its first sentence. Only in the second sentence it is refering to the BRB and it uses the word "thrown". That doesn´t negate the first sentence.
But, it is obviously open to debate since no one wants to accept this nerf.

Iam guessing they are going to change the sentence in the final issue that it is very clear, you just can use one grenade.

As long as it isn´t written like it, feel free to use swooping hawks to kill knights
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Killing a Knight   Killing a Knight - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 09 2016, 16:13

So, to the point at hand... How do we points efficiently kill a knight now?
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Killing a Knight   Killing a Knight - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 09 2016, 16:41

Maybe a suicide squad of heat Lance scourge?

Hellion
Alvaneron

PostSubject: Re: Killing a Knight   Killing a Knight - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 09 2016, 16:45

Knight Errant 375pts
3 Ravager with lances 375pts

Deep Strike, 36" range
flank him
1 front
1 side
1 rear/side

6 shots, 3,96 hits, without shield 0,66 glancing Hits and 1.3 penetrating Hits
3 shots, 1,98 hits, with shield 0,165 glancing hits and 0,326 penetrating Hits

sum: 0,825 glancing hits and 1,626 penetrating hits.

You need at least 1x6 with a penetrating hit, and then you need to roll at least 3 on a d3 and he goes down.
Good Luck Wink

OR

Knight Errant 375pts
3x5 Scourges with Haywire 360pts

Deep Strike 24"
flank him
1 front
1 side
1 rear/side

8 shots, 5,28 hits, without shield 2,904 glancing Hits and 0,88 penetrating Hits
4 shots, 2,64 hits, with shield 0,8712 glancing hits and 0,22 penetrating Hits

sum: 3,77 glancing hits and 1,1 penetrating hits

Dead
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Killing a Knight   Killing a Knight - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 13 2016, 11:12

Alvaneron wrote:
Knight Errant 375pts
3 Ravager with lances 375pts

Deep Strike, 36" range
flank him
1 front
1 side
1 rear/side

6 shots, 3,96 hits, without shield 0,66 glancing Hits and 1.3 penetrating Hits
3 shots, 1,98 hits, with shield 0,165 glancing hits and 0,326 penetrating Hits

sum: 0,825 glancing hits and 1,626 penetrating hits.

You need at least 1x6 with a penetrating hit, and then you need to roll at least 3 on a d3 and he goes down.
Good Luck Wink

OR

Knight Errant 375pts
3x5 Scourges with Haywire 360pts

Deep Strike 24"
flank him
1 front
1 side
1 rear/side

8 shots, 5,28 hits, without shield 2,904 glancing Hits and 0,88 penetrating Hits
4 shots, 2,64 hits, with shield 0,8712 glancing hits and 0,22 penetrating Hits

sum: 3,77 glancing hits and 1,1 penetrating hits

Dead

....or a combination of the above (I'm thinking 2 Haywire Scourge, 1 Ravager)

Hellion
Alvaneron

PostSubject: Re: Killing a Knight   Killing a Knight - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 13 2016, 19:01

Yes, but the problem with the Ravagar is, you can only move 6", or you have 2 shots with full BS and 1 Snap Shot (thx 7th Codex)

The Scourges can work as a suicide squad, to limit the Deep Strike errors on your side, yes, but 6" isn´t that great to move.
But it is possible, by math Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Killing a Knight   Killing a Knight - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Killing a Knight
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2