THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Returning Player

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Adma
Hellion
Adma

Returning Player Empty
PostSubject: Returning Player   Returning Player I_icon_minitimeWed May 18 2016, 00:34

Hello everyone!  I’ve been lurking on the boards for a couple of months now so I thought I would introduce myself, especially as I’ve just started up a project log.  This is a fantastic community, and the posts have been very helpful to a returning player who took a long hiatus.

I played Orks and Dark Eldar back in third edition, but then took a long break as family, an educator career, and Blood Bowl pulled me away from the hobby.  Then one day some of my college students caught wind I used to play and slowly roped me back in!  Thanks to them, I’m happy to be back in, but many hundreds of dollars lighter for the experience.

I used to love how Dark Eldar played at low point value back in third: you could squeeze in so many troops, dark lances and vehicles for 500 points.  I’ve got to say, this new poison thing is pretty awesome.  Shame the wyches aren't quite as nasty; my opponents used to really go out of their way to gang up on on a raider full of the ladies.  Now when I told the guys down at the shop I would probably field a unit of them, they just kind of shrug their shoulders. Sadness.  

All and all though the aesthetics of the newer model range are amazing.  Everything looks so much more menacing. I’m really looking forward to painting the range. Rules changes come and go, and factions ebb and flow, but the models are eternal!

As far as Dark Eldar’s competitiveness goes, I love the underdog; in Blood Bowl I’m a goblin coach (ranked 2nd in North America by the NAF), and nothing makes my day more than stomping an opponent who thought he/she had an easy win coming into the ground.

Thanks,

Adma
Back to top Go down
Abraxas
Slave
Abraxas

Returning Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: Returning Player   Returning Player I_icon_minitimeWed May 18 2016, 01:36

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your return to Warhammer 40,000!
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

Returning Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: Returning Player   Returning Player I_icon_minitimeWed May 18 2016, 14:52

Welcome to The Dark City!
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Returning Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: Returning Player   Returning Player I_icon_minitimeWed May 18 2016, 16:09

Welcome to the dark city! May your slave pits ever be filled!
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

Returning Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: Returning Player   Returning Player I_icon_minitimeSun May 22 2016, 11:43

Welcome and enjoy your time here!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Returning Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: Returning Player   Returning Player I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Returning Player
Page 1 of 1