THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Raider thought

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
megatrons2nd
Kabalite Warrior
megatrons2nd

Raider thought Empty
PostSubject: Raider thought   Raider thought I_icon_minitimeFri May 20 2016, 00:21

The Eldar have a force field on the War Walker that makes it count as a normal vehicle. I think something like this would really help our troops in the Raider. Maybe not counting as a fully enclosed vehicle, but reducing the strength of an attack, or reducing the number of models hit from the no escape rule.

Kabalite Warrior

Raider thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raider thought   Raider thought I_icon_minitimeFri May 20 2016, 01:30

Well, we used to (do still) have our version of this in the Night Shield. If you're unfamiliar with the original rendition, it used to subtract 6" from the range of our enemy's weapon. Took a bit of learning to use well, but once you did that extra 6" really let us do dirty things and skirt enemy fire.

Now, of course, it's simply stealth, which would be pretty solid if Ignores Cover didn't seem to be the most common weapon upgrade.
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

Raider thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raider thought   Raider thought I_icon_minitimeFri May 20 2016, 02:58

Well, I think the OPs discussing ways for the occupants to survive damage from templates et al rather than the vehicle itself taking less damage/being harder to hurt.

In terms of No Escape, a way for the Raider to shy away from it would be really cool, given how fast and light they are. This could result in less flames sweeping aboad, maybe D3 rather than D6 hits.

As for exploding Raiders, the other big way we lose an entire unit at once, we need some kind of defense. It's stupid that a Raider falling apart does the same damage as an exploding Battlewagon. A simple rule like the old Ramshackle chart could be nice, although ideally more reliable.

When destroyed, the Raider simply falls apart mid air and the dexterous Eldar occupants are able to gracefully jump clear of the wreckage. If a Raider suffers an explodes result, inflict a S3 hit on each model being transported in the Raider, then place all survivors within 3" of the Raider. No pinning tests are required for models exiting from Wrecked or Exploding Raiders.

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
megatrons2nd
Kabalite Warrior
megatrons2nd

Raider thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raider thought   Raider thought I_icon_minitimeFri May 20 2016, 15:01

hydranixx wrote:
Well, I think the OPs discussing ways for the occupants to survive damage from templates et al rather than the vehicle itself taking less damage/being harder to hurt.

In terms of No Escape, a way for the Raider to shy away from it would be really cool, given how fast and light they are. This could result in less flames sweeping aboad, maybe D3 rather than D6 hits.

As for exploding Raiders, the other big way we lose an entire unit at once, we need some kind of defense. It's stupid that a Raider falling apart does the same damage as an exploding Battlewagon. A simple rule like the old Ramshackle chart could be nice, although ideally more reliable.

When destroyed, the Raider simply falls apart mid air and the dexterous Eldar occupants are able to gracefully jump clear of the wreckage. If a Raider suffers an explodes result, inflict a S3 hit on each model being transported in the Raider, then place all survivors within 3" of the Raider. No pinning tests are required for models exiting from Wrecked or Exploding Raiders.

I like these suggestions. Both fluffy, and useful, while not being to powerful. Open topped Vehicles used to be S3 for the explosion, they changed it for some reason, probably because some marine player somewhere complained that our models weren't hurt worse than his when a vehicle exploded.

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Raider thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raider thought   Raider thought I_icon_minitimeFri May 20 2016, 22:18

This is what I did in my homebrew DE codex:

UNEARTHLY GRACE
The Dark Eldar are possessed of agility and balance that allows them to leap on and off of vehicles moving at breakneck speed with little risk to themselves
Models with this special rule may embark/disembark from a vehicle if it moves 12” or less in the movement phase but the vehicle may not then move flat out that turn. Furthermore, models with this special rule are not forced to snap fire if the vehicle in which they are embarked Jinks and may avoid taking any damage from an Explodes! result on the Vehicle Damage Table with a successful Initiative Test

Sponsored content

Raider thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raider thought   Raider thought I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raider thought
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: