THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Working with what I got.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

Working with what I got. Empty
PostSubject: Working with what I got.   Working with what I got. I_icon_minitimeSun May 22 2016, 01:04

So, this is the entire contents of my CWE that I own. This is for list building purposes and a place to organize as well as C&C.

15 Skyrunners +2 skyrunner farseer/warlock

15 shining spears

10 Striking scorps

18 Warp spiders

6 War Walkers

2 Falcon

3 Wraith Lords

3 Wraith Knights

18 Howling Banshees

Jain Zhar

Literally like 20+ Wraithguard/blades hard to tell how many, ten metal, three bags of unassembled plastics.

three warlocks?

Metal Aurtach

Farseer?

1 Squad reapers

10 Fire dragons

10 Swooping Hawks

I'm trying to make a Iybraesil Craftworld themed army, but, I didn't realize I literally had so many darn wraith models, either....

" Your suffering will be legendary. It will make the dead, long forgotten in our dear Commorragh, rattle in their graves as your agony touches them even from the beyond. I will record each scream, each gurgle, each cry and it will be my sweetest lullaby. The tears you spill will be collected and I will savor them like fine drink for years to come. The blood you spill will be used to feed my house-plants, and your flesh I will feed to the Razorwing flocks. Your bones I will keep and fashion into my clothes like a medal awarded for reaching the highest plateau of torture. You will never steal my sandwych again!"
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: Working with what I got.   Working with what I got. I_icon_minitimeMon May 23 2016, 08:03

Two schools of thought here.  There's the competitive looking army and theres the competitive army.

The list is super easy given your collection for an army that can and will beat face and you can practically write this list in your sleep:

Formation: Aspect Host
     9 Swooping Hawks
        1 Swooping Hawk Exarch+ Sunrifle
     8 Warp Spiders
        1 Warp Spider Exarch, + Spinneret Rifle
     8 Warp Spiders,
        1 Warp Spider Exarch, + Spinneret Rifle

: Combined Arms Detachment

1 Wraithknight

3x War Walker (Starcannon + Starcannon on two of them, third one has Star Cannon + Skyfiring Missile)

3x War Walker (Starcannon + Starcannon on two of them, third one has Star Cannon + Skyfiring Missile)

5 units of 3 Windriders (Scatter Lasers)

1 Autarch (Mandiblaster + Fusion Pistol 10 + Warp Jump Generators + Power Weapon)

You have every kind of deployment shenanigan in this list (Outflanking, infiltrating, Deep Striking, Scouting...) and you have the strongest unit in the game, along with cant miss firepower for days and it can level its firepower pretty far down field in all cases and you can even blind an enemy big boy with the Hawks if you look like you're in jeopardy of a fair fight.  Like I say:  it kind of writes itself.

A more fun way to go is to play a list that STILL beats face but doesn't actually anger people viscerally when they merely see it.  Lol.  But this list will absolutely stomp things.  Its common as rain for an Eldar player to show up with it.

Last edited by Unorthodoxy on Mon May 23 2016, 17:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: Working with what I got.   Working with what I got. I_icon_minitimeMon May 23 2016, 17:23

Hmm...

I like it, honestly, but I'm just wondering what to do with the rest of the lot that I have.

I love warp spiders, so, that I'm alright with....and pretty much everything else is cool.

Kinda sad my Banshees and Scorps aren't in play, but, I can always make more than one list.

I think I'll paint this up and take it for a spin!

" Your suffering will be legendary. It will make the dead, long forgotten in our dear Commorragh, rattle in their graves as your agony touches them even from the beyond. I will record each scream, each gurgle, each cry and it will be my sweetest lullaby. The tears you spill will be collected and I will savor them like fine drink for years to come. The blood you spill will be used to feed my house-plants, and your flesh I will feed to the Razorwing flocks. Your bones I will keep and fashion into my clothes like a medal awarded for reaching the highest plateau of torture. You will never steal my sandwych again!"
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Working with what I got.   Working with what I got. I_icon_minitimeMon May 23 2016, 17:40

How many points is the list you're working on supposed to be?
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: Working with what I got.   Working with what I got. I_icon_minitimeMon May 23 2016, 17:50

I left points left over I think so you can personalize it a little but that basic list will do ya just fine.

Unorthodoxy
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: Working with what I got.   Working with what I got. I_icon_minitimeMon May 23 2016, 17:52

Korazell wrote:
Hmm...

I like it, honestly, but I'm just wondering what to do with the rest of the lot that I have.

I love warp spiders, so, that I'm alright with....and pretty much everything else is cool.

Kinda sad my Banshees and Scorps aren't in play, but, I can always make more than one list.

I think I'll paint this up and take it for a spin!

Theres plenty of other builds with what you have, but I am giving you the softball right down the middle here. You will mess with peoples Chi if you do this.

Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: Working with what I got.   Working with what I got. I_icon_minitimeMon May 23 2016, 18:30

I'm working with about 1850.

No, I like the list, I'll be giving it a shot because either way, I was going to be using the wind-riders for troops instead of the bag of Dire avengers or Guardians.

I don't think I have enough swooping hawks, but, I'll have to check....

Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Working with what I got.   Working with what I got. I_icon_minitimeMon May 23 2016, 20:31

I'd probably recommend using whatever leftover points there are to get some more anti-tank options. Right now, the only things that can hurt AV13+ are the wraithknight and a single haywire grenade from the hawks(unless you're not using the FAQ yet).
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: Working with what I got.   Working with what I got. I_icon_minitimeMon May 23 2016, 20:33

The war walkers don't provide AT?

Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: Working with what I got.   Working with what I got. I_icon_minitimeMon May 23 2016, 22:45

Nah. they can outflank, and hit from behin/the sides like your entire army. They are awfully deadly at killing TEQ which is good. Hawks (for now) can grenade things to death also. The WraithKnight just adds to that capability.

Yup. You will wreck armored corps. You will wreck hordes. You will wreck elite armies. You will wreck MEQ armies. you will overwhelm Battle Companies if you prioritize well (and thats a big if, don't get that wrong). It's just a sweeeeeeeet list.

The Warwalkers CAN provide AT though. A missile will do some damage and side arcs will too.

CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Working with what I got.   Working with what I got. I_icon_minitimeMon May 23 2016, 22:57

War Walkers can take Eldar Missile Launchers which have Starshot missiles, Str 8 AP 3, and can fill in several roles as they can be used as skyfire platforms as well using Starhawk missiles, Str 7 AP 4.

Of course you can also give them Bright lances but I think the versatility of the Missile Launchers would be better even if they cost 3x more than the Bright Lance.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Working with what I got.   Working with what I got. I_icon_minitimeMon May 23 2016, 23:18

The warwalkers suggested have S6 AP2 weapons. Like I said, the only 2 things in the list that can hurt AV13+ are the wraithknight and swooping hawk haywire grenades. I would use however many points you have left to get more AT capable of punching through that.

Once you have that, I'm sure it'll be a fine list. AV12 will be a hassle, but you can glance it with most of your weapons on 6's. AV11 and lower will get dealt with very well by this list. I'd just add more AT for AV13+.
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: Working with what I got.   Working with what I got. I_icon_minitimeMon May 23 2016, 23:45

Hmm...

What would be a good option for the AV? I have a few, I have one unit of reapers, I have fire dragons....

Falcon tanks...

Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Working with what I got.   Working with what I got. I_icon_minitimeTue May 24 2016, 00:18

It'd probably be best to put your list up again and list points spent and points available. I don't really want to look up all the points values and don't have all the aspects memorized.

Hornets are really good if you can find some cheap on ebay or something. Other than that, dark reapers with starshot missiles will work. If you go that route, be sure you get your exarch upgrade for that BS5 and fast shot rule!

Alternatively, this sort of list is a prime candidate for the WWP D-scythe shenanigans, if you have that many points available. Minimum cost to add it would be:

5 WGuard w/d-scythes 210
1 Archon w/WWP 95
1x 5 Kabalite Warriors 40
TOTAL: 345

The upside to the d-scythes is that they're really helpful no matter the composition of the enemy. Big AV14 Mech? Check. Gargantuan Creatures? Check. Elite Infantry? Check. Hordes? Check. There is nothing they don't kill well. If you have the points, I'd make the archon a succubus w/archite glaive to further discourage assaults, if the Strength D wall of death wasn't enough to do so.
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: Working with what I got.   Working with what I got. I_icon_minitimeTue May 24 2016, 00:48

After adding up all of that suggested, I end up withhhh...about 17 points of wiggle room lol.

Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: Working with what I got.   Working with what I got. I_icon_minitimeTue May 24 2016, 03:57

the missiles i equipped the WEarwalkers with will punch AV 13. Not really there for that duty but it will

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Working with what I got.   Working with what I got. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Working with what I got.
Page 1 of 1