THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

What happens to Corsairs when they die?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

What happens to Corsairs when they die?  Empty
PostSubject: What happens to Corsairs when they die?    What happens to Corsairs when they die?  I_icon_minitimeTue May 24 2016, 06:29

I was just thinking about this, after my Corsair Prince and Succubus got gunned down in a game today.

I know (theoretically) that as long as someone picks up a body part, she can be rejuvenated in Commorragh.

But what about the Prince? Is it based on his own personal background (Craftworld born/Spirit Stone vs. Commorragh born) or is he just dead?

Cheers

"Whereas the duty of the Imperial Commander is either to seize or defend territory, the Dark Eldar make war only to steal. If, as a by-product of this, the are able to indulge their vile passion for murder, torture and other decadent acts, then they will joyfully do so, but this is not their primary goal"
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: What happens to Corsairs when they die?    What happens to Corsairs when they die?  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2016, 14:12

I would say that it could be any of the above. Corsairs tend to be young and foolish if they come from Craftworlds, so it would be easy for them to be so consumed in their arrogance that they leave their spirit stone or discard of it later on. In that case I think death would be a soul straight to Slaanesh type of thing.

If Commorrite then he might have been lucky enough to have secured a deal with a Haemonculus, but being a corsair makes me think they'd be spending most of their time in realspace.This then leads me to ask why are they spending most of their life in realspace? Have they been exiled from Commorragh? If so then it would be pretty hard to get brought back by your coven.

Being a prince he may very well be older and wiser than other corsairs, however. Even if from Craftworld origins he could have gone to Commorragh to strike a deal with Haemonculi.

So, I would say any! Do you have any written background for you Corsair Prince?

What happens to Corsairs when they die?  YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

PostSubject: Re: What happens to Corsairs when they die?    What happens to Corsairs when they die?  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2016, 20:00

Nothin to specific.
I kind of pictured him as a former Craftworlder who has taken a liking to the dark pleasures offered by Commorragh.
But not too sure if that would allow for regeneration by a haemon.
I've always imagined my Kabal being based in the Docking Spurs, as an explanation for my many and varied allies.

On a side note, in a way it makes more sense for young kabablites to be corsairs, as the soul thirst wouldn't be as great, alooeing them to stay in real space longer. An ancient Dark Eldar would need to be murdering left and right to keep a youthful sheen in realspace for any length of time. I think.

"Whereas the duty of the Imperial Commander is either to seize or defend territory, the Dark Eldar make war only to steal. If, as a by-product of this, the are able to indulge their vile passion for murder, torture and other decadent acts, then they will joyfully do so, but this is not their primary goal"
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: What happens to Corsairs when they die?    What happens to Corsairs when they die?  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2016, 20:31

Well I imagine that if you took enough slaves from raiding ships, stations, and planets and used them as payment to the Haemunculus and some not so common specimens then a deal could be made for regeneration.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: What happens to Corsairs when they die?    What happens to Corsairs when they die?  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16 2016, 15:35

Considering most Dark Eldar view dying as a mild inconvenience that simply makes them look bad, and considering Corsairs are known to deal with Commorragh quite frequently, I'd say they probably sign up for the Dark Eldar equivalent of public healthcare as soon as they're able to afford it.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What happens to Corsairs when they die?    What happens to Corsairs when they die?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What happens to Corsairs when they die?
Page 1 of 1