THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dank City Haters

Go down 
+3
spellcheck2001
BetrayTheWorld
MarcoAvrelis
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MarcoAvrelis
Kabalite Warrior
MarcoAvrelis

Dank City Haters Empty
PostSubject: Dank City Haters   Dank City Haters I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04 2016, 21:13

So, I'm gonna compete in a tournie 30/7, and have to finish painting 1850 pts of Corsairs. (And even after the tournie, I'm going to continue expanding my corsair army).

Unfortunately, I can do that 1-2 times a week, sometimes more. This also means that there'll be at least one update each week.

I just finished building my army, and almost finished basing. Before I start painting, I need to greenstuff some stuff.

I, however, won't show everything at once, so for start:

Have You ever wanted to see a 10-strong Balestrike squad with 10 Dark Lances?!

Dank City Haters Balest10

See you all on Tuesday (or maybe even monday?).
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

Dank City Haters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dank City Haters   Dank City Haters I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04 2016, 21:39

Those look very cool. Would love to hear where all the bits came from to make these. I recognise some, while others elude me.

I see scourge legs I think, are those ranger bodies? Are the backpacks just clipped down skyboards with an engine inside?
Back to top Go down
MarcoAvrelis
Kabalite Warrior
MarcoAvrelis

Dank City Haters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dank City Haters   Dank City Haters I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04 2016, 21:51

Heads are helion and DE-crew. DL are scourges, As are legs. Jetpacks are wing-clipped skyboards. Coats are skitarii.

Trueborn

Dank City Haters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dank City Haters   Dank City Haters I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04 2016, 21:54

Skitarii, cool, thanks!
Back to top Go down
MarcoAvrelis
Kabalite Warrior
MarcoAvrelis

Dank City Haters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dank City Haters   Dank City Haters I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06 2016, 21:35

Here's my Cloud Dancers. Just magnetized their bases. Just need some greenstuffing, and then it's painting time.
Dank City Haters Cloudd10

See you tomorrow.

Kabalite Warrior
MarcoAvrelis

Dank City Haters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dank City Haters   Dank City Haters I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2016, 22:05

My 2 Barons and 2 units of Ghostwalkers; The self-proclaimed "Gorilla Ghost" Aspect Warriors, Led by their Self-proclaimed Phoenix Lord Gorgeous George.
Dank City Haters Gorill10

See you on Saturday!

Trueborn

Dank City Haters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dank City Haters   Dank City Haters I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2016, 02:53

Cool conversions. Did you just have a ton of those hoverboards laying around, or did you buy kits for them?
Back to top Go down
MarcoAvrelis
Kabalite Warrior
MarcoAvrelis

Dank City Haters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dank City Haters   Dank City Haters I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2016, 11:37

Some from kits, some loose from ebay.

Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

Dank City Haters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dank City Haters   Dank City Haters I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2016, 13:05

I like these conversions alot. Def looking forward to seeing them painted up

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

Dank City Haters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dank City Haters   Dank City Haters I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2016, 18:36

Some interesting conversions, I look forward to seeing more.
Back to top Go down
MarcoAvrelis
Kabalite Warrior
MarcoAvrelis

Dank City Haters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dank City Haters   Dank City Haters I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11 2016, 23:15

A Prince with #SWAG
Dank City Haters Prinz210
Dank City Haters Prinz110

I'm not really satisfied with the hands, but then again, I haven't sculpted in ages. Since the photos are taken with my iPhone instead of my DSLR, the hands look even more oversized than they already are. Still, I think I need to do some finishing touches on his hands.

He's magnetized to the bike, and his cape is magnetized to his back, and can be replaced with a jetpack.

See you on Tuesday.

Kabalite Warrior
MarcoAvrelis

Dank City Haters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dank City Haters   Dank City Haters I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2016, 23:09

A Work in Progress of the Ace-est Flyer Ace in the webway taking a smoke.
Dank City Haters Ahf10

See you on Saturnday.

Trueborn

Dank City Haters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dank City Haters   Dank City Haters I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15 2016, 01:15

I thought he was taking a dump in some other guy's cockpit for a minute. Haha! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

Dank City Haters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dank City Haters   Dank City Haters I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15 2016, 15:46

This whole army is great. Especially that Prince. I absolutely love him dripping with arrogance

Dank City Haters YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Hellraiser
In Exile

Dank City Haters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dank City Haters   Dank City Haters I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16 2016, 21:44

MarcoAvrelis wrote:
A Prince with #SWAG
Dank City Haters Prinz210

Murderer of millions, annihilator of worlds. Just because I can.
Back to top Go down
MarcoAvrelis
Kabalite Warrior
MarcoAvrelis

Dank City Haters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dank City Haters   Dank City Haters I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19 2016, 18:44

Thanks everyone

BetrayTheWorld wrote:
I thought he was taking a dump in some other guy's cockpit for a minute. Haha! Very Happy
would be very in character for him.

Yeah, I'm a bit late with the update, I was working last Saturday in an other town, for national TV, as a glorified road cone, So I didn't really have time to visit the club where I keep all my stuff. However, I still got other relevant stuff done; A review Part 1 (Part 2 up next Saturday, unless TV asks me to work.)

_________The review______

Today, I'm reviewing;

Dank City Haters Pens10

Acrylic paint markers (Posca), and some kind of permanent marker. (Pilot)

First; Smell: The Pilot smells a bit alcoholic, while the Acrylic smell just like GW Acrylic paints (Wonder why?).

Size; All are 0.7mm, the pilot is 0.8mm, the purple is 0.9mm.
If you draw faintly and quickly, the 0.7mm can get thinner.

So, I tested them on a spare Eldar Chassis (Is it called the falcon chassis or Wave serpent chassis? I'd call it falcon Chassis).

Dank City Haters Pens210
Dank City Haters Pens310
Dank City Haters Pens410
Heart of Dankness

They all stick to the unprimed citadel plastic, some better (I.E: Almost all), others a slightly worse (Black, acrylic silver and purple), they all stick when layered upon each other, however, the pilot-silver sticks on others, but get slightly dissolved/Scratched when other are applied on it, and the white kinda dissolves and mixes slightly with the paint under. Next time, I'm going to try out how they react with GW paints.

Details; Well, it's up to how skilled you are yourself, I'm no Golden daemon winner, but, they're not so thin, both in the size of the point, and, it feels like they suffer quite a lot from " #ThinYourPaints! "

You could do the same, and better, with a brush, but, this is so much faster, at least for me. Sure, If you're going to paint an awesome painting on the side of your lynx, pick brushes, but, if you're going to have a Paisley pattern covering your vehicles, this is the thing for you. Also, most of these paints will, unless mixed with layers of GW paint*, look very cartoonish. They are quite good fro writing, even if you are, like me, bad at handwriting. (How will I ever fit "Is it wrong wrong that I think it's kinda fun when I hit you in the back of the head with a gun?" on the side of my Tournament army centrepiece!? At least my real centrepiece has room for "In the land of gods and monsters, I was an angel, looking to get f***** hard." )

Water-resistance: When put under a tap and scrubbed lightly, The purple and some of the thicker layers of gold and acrylic silver applied directly to the plastic got scrubbed away, the rest was unharmed.

Acrylic silver and pilot silver differences; The Pilot is more, "mirrory", and reflects more, which makes it brighter and darker depending on light and shadows.

Part 2 coming soon.

See you next Saturday (Hopefully).

Kabalite Warrior
MarcoAvrelis

Dank City Haters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dank City Haters   Dank City Haters I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25 2016, 23:46

Hi.
Before I start with the part 2 of the review, have some more cloud dancers;

Dank City Haters Cd210Dank City Haters Cd110

And now, Part 2 of the review:

Dank City Haters Chroma10

Here's a somewhat quick color-scheme test, so the paints are thick and uneven, and details uncarefully drawn.

The things I noticed from the acrylic pens;

On Paint: They can draw on paints, especially dry paints, but are better on some and worse on others. They have a hard time sticking on multiple layers of thick paint, sometimes  they scraped the paint, and sometimes they could only be applied when "Dotting" with the pen. It feels like most details are better done with a brush, although, the pens can be used to save time.

Beneath paint: First things first; Rough brushes with stiffer hair can easily scrape away the pen-paint.  
Most of the pens ae just opaque acrylic paints, basically like GW base, and thus need to be used like those. This a big disadvantage if you wanted to use them for layers and such effects. Otherwise, Other Acrylic paints (I.G; GW paints) will stick on them. However, the results won't always be fantastic.

In short, I'd say the silver (and some other) are good if you want to either cover an area with a cool hand-drawn pattern quickly, or if you want to draw something that looks drawn/Cartoonish on a vehicle, like an custom logo. For everything else, I'd say, Get yourself a big brush with a fine, pointy, tip. (A tiny brush with a fine pointy tip will probably not hold enough paint). (Note, The Text on the chassis is written with the Gold Acrylic pen, but the black lines are painted with a big brush with a fine pointy tip.)
_________

And here's an extra:
Dank City Haters Ahf210
I hate the quality of my Iphone camera. I should use my DSLR next time (Which is next Saturday. See you then).

Sybarite
Korazell

Dank City Haters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dank City Haters   Dank City Haters I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25 2016, 23:53

.....You really just made all my ideas for the Corsairs I'm doing just look bad in my head and I realized I could be doing so much cooler things.

For that, I kinda hate you. I've wanted to learn to sculpt in ages and you do a fantastic job.

But I can't stay mad at you, these models are freaking awesome. In the last bit of updates, what torso is the wych with the shirt and vest?

" Your suffering will be legendary. It will make the dead, long forgotten in our dear Commorragh, rattle in their graves as your agony touches them even from the beyond. I will record each scream, each gurgle, each cry and it will be my sweetest lullaby. The tears you spill will be collected and I will savor them like fine drink for years to come. The blood you spill will be used to feed my house-plants, and your flesh I will feed to the Razorwing flocks. Your bones I will keep and fashion into my clothes like a medal awarded for reaching the highest plateau of torture. You will never steal my sandwych again!"
Back to top Go down
MarcoAvrelis
Kabalite Warrior
MarcoAvrelis

Dank City Haters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dank City Haters   Dank City Haters I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26 2016, 00:00

Thanks, Hate is what the Dank City Haters are all about. Hatebringers isn't the most popular coterie without a reason Wink
The female shirt and open vest/jacket is from the Harlequin Troupe kit.

Kabalite Warrior
MarcoAvrelis

Dank City Haters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dank City Haters   Dank City Haters I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16 2016, 20:32

Hi, sorry for the absence, Computer (or rather Graphics card) broke down, and had lots of stuff to do, but, like whatever.

A thing about Acrylic pens; Got myself some Mr.Hobby Gunze Gundam Marker pens from japan, and these are high quality. Same uses as the other brand, but otherwise the same.

Except, their ultra fine black, that one's exceptional! It can do details, and then, when dried, it's permanent. No water nor paint will smudge it. If you need an ultra fine detail marker, that's the one for you. They're like €4+free shipping from japan on ebay.

Anyhow;

Finished my Fighter Ace:

Dank City Haters Ahf310
He's based on this sketch:
Dank City Haters Ahf410

And now, it's 2 weeks from the tournament, and I just started priming my tournament army.
Dank City Haters Dcharm10

See you soon, hopefully.

Trueborn

Dank City Haters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dank City Haters   Dank City Haters I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16 2016, 21:24

That's a nice collection of forgeworld resin you got there. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dank City Haters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dank City Haters   Dank City Haters I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dank City Haters
Page 1 of 1