THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

DE and Knights, do they blend?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

DE and Knights, do they blend? Empty
PostSubject: DE and Knights, do they blend?   DE and Knights, do they blend? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2016, 21:00

So, I'm torn.

On one side, I want to play DE. On the other, I really hate our AT options. Then again, on the upside I love the idea of a wych theme knight providing AT and right now I'm not seeing the downside....especially if it draws attention away from my squishy units.

I'm thinking of running a Knight Crusader. All the ranged firepower we want in a sturdy package. I also am toying running it with a CTC and reavers or beast packs...not sure just yet.

Any thoughts or ideas?

" Your suffering will be legendary. It will make the dead, long forgotten in our dear Commorragh, rattle in their graves as your agony touches them even from the beyond. I will record each scream, each gurgle, each cry and it will be my sweetest lullaby. The tears you spill will be collected and I will savor them like fine drink for years to come. The blood you spill will be used to feed my house-plants, and your flesh I will feed to the Razorwing flocks. Your bones I will keep and fashion into my clothes like a medal awarded for reaching the highest plateau of torture. You will never steal my sandwych again!"
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: DE and Knights, do they blend?   DE and Knights, do they blend? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2016, 21:30

If I drop the idea of having a CTC I get something along the lines of....

+++ DE (1845pts) +++

++ Dark Eldar: Supplement - Haemonculus Covens (Formation Detachment) ++

+ Formation +

Formation: Grotesquerie
····Grotesques
········Aberration [Agoniser, Flesh Gauntlet, Gnarlskin]
········Grotesque [Close combat weapon, Flesh Gauntlet, Gnarlskin]
········Raider [Disintegrator]
····Grotesques
········Aberration [Agoniser, Flesh Gauntlet, Gnarlskin]
········Raider [Disintegrator]
····Haemonculus [Close combat weapon, Gnarlskin, Scissorhand, Splinter Pistol, The Panacea Perverted]

++ Dark Eldar: Codex (2014) (Combined Arms Detachment) ++

+ HQ +

Succubus [Archite glaive, Haywire Grenades, Plasma Grenades, Splinter pistol, The Armour of Misery, Wychsuit]

+ Troops +

Wyches [Wychsuit]
····Hekatrix [Close Combat Weapon, Plasma Grenades, Splinter Pistol]
····Raider [Disintegrator cannon]
····8x Wych [8x Plasma Grenades, 8x Splinter Pistol and Close Combat Weapon]

Wyches [Wychsuit]
····Hekatrix [Close Combat Weapon, Plasma Grenades, Splinter Pistol]
····Raider [Disintegrator cannon, Enhanced Aethersails]
····9x Wych [9x Plasma Grenades, 9x Splinter Pistol and Close Combat Weapon]

Wyches [Wychsuit]
····Venom [Flickerfield, Splinter Cannon, Splinter Cannon]
····5x Wych [5x Plasma Grenades, 5x Splinter Pistol and Close Combat Weapon]

Wyches [Wychsuit]

+ Fast Attack +

Beastmasters [6x Clawed Fiend]
····Beastmaster [Agoniser, Wychsuit]
········Beastmaster Skyboard [Splinter Pods]

++ Imperial Knights: Codex (2015) (Combined Arms Detachment) ++

+ Lord of War +

Knight Crusader [ Rapid-fire Battle Cannon w/ Heavy Stubber, Avenger Gatling Cannon w/ Heavy Flamer, Heavy Stubber, Stormspear Rocket Pod, Warlord/Lord Baron]

Created with BattleScribe (http://www.battlescribe.net)

" Your suffering will be legendary. It will make the dead, long forgotten in our dear Commorragh, rattle in their graves as your agony touches them even from the beyond. I will record each scream, each gurgle, each cry and it will be my sweetest lullaby. The tears you spill will be collected and I will savor them like fine drink for years to come. The blood you spill will be used to feed my house-plants, and your flesh I will feed to the Razorwing flocks. Your bones I will keep and fashion into my clothes like a medal awarded for reaching the highest plateau of torture. You will never steal my sandwych again!"
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: DE and Knights, do they blend?   DE and Knights, do they blend? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2016, 21:36

And with the CTC.

+++ DE knight (1847pts) +++

+ Formation +

Formation: Corpsethief Claw
····Talos [Armoured Carapace, Close Combat Weapon, Ichor Injector, Twin-Linked Haywire Blaster]
····Talos [Armoured Carapace, Close Combat Weapon, Ichor Injector, Twin-Linked Haywire Blaster]

+ HQ +

Court of the Archon
····Lhameans [Kabalite Armour, Shaimeshi blade, Splinter Pistol]

+ Elites +

Incubi [Incubus Warsuit]
····4x Incubi [4x Klaive]

+ Troops +

Wyches [Wychsuit]

Wyches [Wychsuit]

+ Fast Attack +

Reavers [2x Cluster caltrops, Wychsuit]
····4x Reaver [4x Bladevanes, 4x Close combat weapon, 4x Splinter pistol]
········4x Reaver jetbike [4x Splinter Rifle]
····Reaver with special weapon (up to 1 for 3 models) [Bladevanes, Close combat weapon]
········Reaver jetbike [Heat lance]
····Reaver with special weapon (up to 1 for 3 models) [Bladevanes, Close combat weapon]

++ Imperial Knights: Codex (2015) (IK Oathsworn Detachment) ++

+ Lord of War +

Knight Crusader [ Rapid-fire Battle Cannon w/ Heavy Stubber, Avenger Gatling Cannon w/ Heavy Flamer, Heavy Stubber, Stormspear Rocket Pod]

Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: DE and Knights, do they blend?   DE and Knights, do they blend? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2016, 21:54

I was just told the court doesn't have independent character...if this is accurate, let me know. I'll be working a new list in there.

Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: DE and Knights, do they blend?   DE and Knights, do they blend? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2016, 22:00

Added another unit of Reavers, with an Arena champ with an agonizer as HQ. Not sure if I can make the arena champ the one with the blaster and caltrops so I can do lookout sir rolls....

+++ DE knight (1847pts) +++

+ Formation +

+ Troops +

Wyches [Wychsuit]

Wyches [Wychsuit]

+ Fast Attack +

····Arena Champion [Agoniser, Bladevanes, Splinter pistol]
········Reaver jetbike [Splinter Rifle]
····3x Reaver [3x Bladevanes, 3x Close combat weapon, 3x Splinter pistol]
········3x Reaver jetbike [3x Splinter Rifle]

+ Lord of War +

Knight Crusader [ Rapid-fire Battle Cannon w/ Heavy Stubber, Avenger Gatling Cannon w/ Heavy Flamer, Heavy Stubber, Stormspear Rocket Pod]

Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: DE and Knights, do they blend?   DE and Knights, do they blend? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2016, 15:02

Korazell wrote:
I was just told the court doesn't have independent character...if this is accurate, let me know. I'll be working a new list in there.
That is correct - the Court are an HQ choice, but none of them have the IC rule.

Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: DE and Knights, do they blend?   DE and Knights, do they blend? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2016, 19:25

Bummer. I also didn't realize the difference between warlord and HQ. So my reaver Arena champ cannot be my hq. A simple fix would be dropping a heat lance on the reavers or caltrops and just getting a court to footslog and have the arena be my warlord.

Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: DE and Knights, do they blend?   DE and Knights, do they blend? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2016, 19:30

Here is an updated list, more punch, footslogging laem that is just gonna hide the whole game because I'd rather have reavers than an extra venom.

+++ Cult of Bliss bereaved (1848pts) +++

+ Lord of War +

+ Formation +

+ No Force Org Slot +

Court of the Archon

+ Troops +

Wyches [Wychsuit]

Wyches [Wychsuit]

+ Fast Attack +

Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: DE and Knights, do they blend?   DE and Knights, do they blend? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2016, 02:43

One thing no one has mentioned(and I apologize for not mentioning it earlier - been out of town), is that you'll be suffering from the "One eye open" special rule.

This means that at the beginning of every one of your turns, you must roll a D6 for each unit that is within 6 inches of the knight, and for the knight as well if it's within 6 inches of a DE unit. Each unit that rolls a "1" may not do ANYTHING that turn.

Now, this doesn't destroy your list idea. It's just something you have to keep in mind when both designing the list and playing it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That said, I'm not altogether sure how this list would perform, to be honest. It's not often that I say that. Part of it is that I don't know the rules for the crusader.

I can't help feeling, however, that against an opponent like Tau if they were to go first, you'd potentially start your first turn with only a CTC and Knight left on the table.

I think maybe having both the knight AND the CTC might be a bit much due to the significant points requirement it takes. But I could be wrong. Maybe it's just the added additional expense of the reavers that does it for me. Either way, I feel like your overall unit count is really low here, with half of what IS here being low toughness stuff.

But again, I feel like I'd like to see it played. I just don't want to give the list high praise and see people buy all the models only to find out that my reservations weren't unfounded.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: DE and Knights, do they blend?   DE and Knights, do they blend? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2016, 02:50

So, something that didn't get updates is we've been speaking about it in chat. The one eye open rule isn't really a big deal to me, I even have fluff explanations for it which I think are super cool.

The reavers are...more or less in there because I like them. I also tried the list with adding more troops and venoms and spreading them out with wyches and I can get a good amount of venoms jammed in, I think I got away with four more. The problem is I think I don't know how much AT to take....

The Crusader has a 12 shots of str 8 ap 3 rending, 3 str 8 ap 3, 2 large blast ordanace str8 loonnngg range shot, 6 heavy stubber shots, a heavy flamer, 13/12/12 6 hp, 4++ save.

With no reavers, I end up with this...and yes I understand people hate the bomber, I like it. And if I dropped it, I still could only get one more venom with troops and end up with no clue what to do with the remaining points.

+++ Cult of Bliss bereaved (1850pts) +++

+ Lord of War +

+ Formation +

+ No Force Org Slot +

Court of the Archon

+ Troops +

Wyches [Wychsuit]

Wyches [Wychsuit]

Wyches [Wychsuit]

Wyches [Wychsuit]

+ Heavy Support +

Voidraven Bomber [Two dark scythes, Two shatterfield missiles and two implosion missiles, Void Mine]

Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: DE and Knights, do they blend?   DE and Knights, do they blend? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2016, 02:56

I could do this instead of the bomber...but...ehhhh....

+++ Cult of Bliss bereaved (1820pts) +++

+ Lord of War +

+ Formation +

+ No Force Org Slot +

Court of the Archon

+ Troops +

Wyches [Wychsuit]

Wyches [Wychsuit]

Wyches [Wychsuit]

Wyches [Wychsuit]

Wyches [Wychsuit]

Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: DE and Knights, do they blend?   DE and Knights, do they blend? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2016, 03:53

You know, I really hate looking at battlescribe lists...haha, they're just soooo spammy.

So much space taken up for what could look like this:

Oathsworn Detachment
1 Knight Crusader

CTC Formation
5 Talos w/ 5 ichor injectors & 5 twin-linked haywire blasters

CAD
1 Lhamean in a dual cannon venom
5x 5 wyches in dual cannon venom

Speaking of which, it took me typing that out to catch that it didn't say warriors....why the wyches?
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: DE and Knights, do they blend?   DE and Knights, do they blend? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2016, 03:55

Why the wyches? Because I'm a cult, not a kabal. Simple as that. That's why I liked the reavers in the list for CC and AT. I'm still not sure if I like the idea of more venoms, but, I can see why you'd want more bodies on the ground than just two squads of five.

Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: DE and Knights, do they blend?   DE and Knights, do they blend? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2016, 04:06

I think I might like the reaver list more. Not sure yet. Of these lists, what models DON'T you have?
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: DE and Knights, do they blend?   DE and Knights, do they blend? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2016, 05:27

Honestly I'm only missing twelve reavers and the hq.

Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: DE and Knights, do they blend?   DE and Knights, do they blend? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2016, 05:57

You have the knight crusader already?

If so, go for it. May as well try it out. 12 reavers isn't exactly a small investment, but reavers are good for so many lists that I don't have any reservations about suggesting buying some.
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: DE and Knights, do they blend?   DE and Knights, do they blend? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2016, 16:47

I have two imperial knights on the way. One to paint and sell, the other was a good deal. I paid 80 for both, soooooooo.....

Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: DE and Knights, do they blend?   DE and Knights, do they blend? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21 2016, 22:33

I'll get to test my list soon! What sort of lists would you like me to test it against?

Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: DE and Knights, do they blend?   DE and Knights, do they blend? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22 2016, 05:26

Any and all that you can. Preferably competitive lists.
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: DE and Knights, do they blend?   DE and Knights, do they blend? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22 2016, 19:22

Well, what exactly does that mean? Any CWE lists I see? Very Happy I haven't really played too much, so, not sure.

Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: DE and Knights, do they blend?   DE and Knights, do they blend? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23 2016, 04:06

There are far too many for me to even begin. Finding good, competitive players would be the first start. If they're both of those things, you can be fairly certain whatever list they bring will fit the bill. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DE and Knights, do they blend?   DE and Knights, do they blend? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DE and Knights, do they blend?
Page 1 of 1