THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 DE List - Thinking of trying the duke out

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
soupcat
Slave

1850 DE List - Thinking of trying the duke out Empty
PostSubject: 1850 DE List - Thinking of trying the duke out   1850 DE List - Thinking of trying the duke out I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04 2011, 16:20

After lots of hinting and proding that it might be a good idea from a friend who I play with often I figured I'd try out a 1850 duke list, I don't have points listing off hand but this is what I was thinking:

Duke
2 Hammies

2x3Trueborn w 3 blasters and venom w 2 SCs

2 x8 Wyches w aggonizer and haywire in raider w flicker (has been commented on before but I needed to drop points plus they mainly 4++ FNP things)

7 warriors w blaster and raider w flicker (The dukes entourage)

5 wracks w venom w 2 SCs (no liquifier as they mainly be camping on a objective)

7 Scourge w 2 heatlances

2 Razorwings w flicker

Ravenger w flicker

It seems solidish I'm hovering around 20 dark lights, with a ton of anti infantry. The scourge either will hug cover providing covering fire, or DS behind enemy lines to get evil evil artillery (as a former deamon player since the release of 5th I have found DS a much less risky proposition combined w 9inch melta range). I'm just sort of afraid that the duke just adds overkill to the list.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE List - Thinking of trying the duke out   1850 DE List - Thinking of trying the duke out I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04 2011, 19:08

I personally don't think DE do well trying to camp objectives, plus it just seems a waste of the points and effort.

Immediate thoughts are this;

You have two Scourges who are doing nothing for your tank hunting purpose - especially if you DS - I'd drop them and save points (c'mon, this is a *lot* of points just for two ablative wounds in a tank hunting unit).

With those save points you could shift the Wracks to a Warrior w. Blaster in Venom build - or even just get the Wracks a Liquifier and fly them forward to inflict some pain - I feel like they're being wasted. Quite honestly, I'd also probably shift their Venom to a Raider w. FF (a 5 point upgrade, functionally) Your Razorwings will probably be wanting to drop their missiles ASAP (I know I do with mine) so having any extra lances to help pop transports is a win in my book.

I think you'd still have extra points after that (Scourges are pricey) immediate thoughts there are either getting Liquifiers for the Haems or maybe some extra oi' boyz for the Duke's unit.

Back to top Go down
soupcat
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE List - Thinking of trying the duke out   1850 DE List - Thinking of trying the duke out I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05 2011, 03:05

Hmm interesting, after making those changes I had 30ish points left, do you think a hex rifle in the wrach squad? Or heck whats your opinion on hex rifles in general?
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE List - Thinking of trying the duke out   1850 DE List - Thinking of trying the duke out I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05 2011, 03:32

I am pretty negative towards hexrifles. They're basically nerfed sniper rifles with a minor insta-glib effect. I don't think they're worth the point investment.

Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE List - Thinking of trying the duke out   1850 DE List - Thinking of trying the duke out I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05 2011, 04:43

Thor665 wrote:
I am pretty negative towards hexrifles. They're basically nerfed sniper rifles with a minor insta-glib effect. I don't think they're worth the point investment.

Trust Thor on this one. The only time that I ever saw these used "effectively" was when I saw a guy take 6(!) of them in a list playing against bugs. I think he killed a couple of Trygons with them......and got tabled by bugs because he wasted so many points on them.
Back to top Go down
soupcat
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE List - Thinking of trying the duke out   1850 DE List - Thinking of trying the duke out I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05 2011, 18:07

So what I ended up deciding on is as follows:

Duke
2 Hammies one with crucible, liquifier and one with liquifier, shattershard

2x3Trueborn w 3 blasters and venom w 2 SCs

2 x8 Wyches w aggonizer and haywire in raider w flicker (has been commented on before but I needed to drop points plus they mainly 4++ FNP things)

9 warriors w blaster and raider w flicker splinter racks, nightshield(The dukes entourage)

5 wracks w liquifier and venom w 2 SCs
5 Scourge w 2 heatlances

2 Razorwings w flicker

Ravenger w flicker

Any final thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE List - Thinking of trying the duke out   1850 DE List - Thinking of trying the duke out I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 DE List - Thinking of trying the duke out
Page 1 of 1