THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 Duke list

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bauglir
Hellion

1500 Duke list Empty
PostSubject: 1500 Duke list   1500 Duke list I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18 2011, 08:42

Morning all

Tried my first Duke list last Thursday. And I must admit, he's quite good. Everything started in reserve, ready to deep strike. My opponent - Tau - didn't really know what happened to him.

Anyway, as my Razorwing is finanlly getting done I want to include it.

So here we go.

Duke

4 true born: 2 splinter cannons, 2 shardcarbine
venom: splinter cannon upgrade (duke's ride)

8 wyches: shardnet/impaler, hekatrix with agoniser
Raider: dark lance, flickerfield

raidersquad of 5: blaster, sybarite with blastpistol, flickerfield

ravager: 3 dark lances, flickerfield
ravager: 3 dark lances, flickerfield
razorwing: flickerfield, splinter cannon upgrade

total: 1498

The aim is to make as much use of deep strike as possible

As always feel free to de/reconstruct

Yours
B

Hellion

1500 Duke list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Duke list   1500 Duke list I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21 2011, 12:05

My advice, having tried my 1500 pts duke's list against many different opponents, is to get more Venoms. Venoms really excell in these lists. 5 warriors with a blaster in a venom are excelent lowprice units. two of these to accompany the duke's venom, give them extra cannons. Even with the extra cannon, they're 5 pts cheaper than a raider with flickerfield, and really, with two ravs and a razor, you've got alot of lances.

Also, 1 wych squad will be a target, I'd advice taking two.

Try whipping your troops around to carry 2 wychsquads in raiders, 8-9 wyches per squad, 1 shardnet per if you want, and definatley an agoniser in each squad. Wyches are what -really- loves the Duke.
And 2 warrior squads in venoms with extra cannons, and a blaster in each squad.

The key here is to keep your venoms back and fire at the 36" range, play passive with your raíders and ravagers, moving them their 12" back and forth between cover. Make sure you have cover, you'll need it.

Always reserve the razorwing. (also, stylepoints for the splintercannon, consider taking disintegrator cannons on it, for extra style. If you run by any sort of Comp rules in your country, you'll score some plusses for it no doubt)

Use your ravs and raiders to pop artillery pieces and anti-tank vehicles first. Let their transports come up close. Use your 36" cannons to soften up any infantry anti-tank. Drop your razorwing in and fire all your missiles at the tightest pack of infantry, then turn on the transports, and whatever's in them. Try to get your wyches into mobs they can handle. 5-6 marines, no more, 7-8 orcs, guardsmen, try to multicharge more than 10. use your cannons to punish any potential countercharge units.

I try to get an across the board charge with CC units around turn 3 or 4, having shot up everything beforehand. Works really well.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

1500 Duke list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Duke list   1500 Duke list I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22 2011, 00:29

Apart from Duke's guys and the Razorwing missiles I'm struggling to see where your anti horde fire comes from.

Have to agree with Sinister's point about the Wyches, one unit won't do enough. I've been hearing really good things about units of 5 in Venoms, why not try splitting that unit into two Venoms, that adds 24 poisoned shots too.

How is deep striking going for you? I haven't really tried it myself so would like to hear from someone who has done.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Bauglir
Hellion

1500 Duke list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Duke list   1500 Duke list I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27 2011, 15:01

Hi chaps

I know a bit low on anti-horde in this list. My first list without the razorwing had two units of 7 wyches. Thinking of including them once again.

About the venoms. I only owe two for the moment. So, I'll have to do with the raiders for the time being.

I don't need to think about comp rules. However, I get your point about the dissies. Thought of this myself.

Anyway, de/reconstruction it is:-)

Oh, about deepstrikeing. Well, I've tried it a couple of times now. And it goes quite well. Anyway, I used to play a portal list back in the really old days of DE. So, I'm quite used to arrive in pieces. Though, for some reason I tend to roll quite well for my reserves.

Not sure if I would completely rely on deepstrikeing in a tournament. But letting everything arrive via deepstrike gives you a real kick Twisted Evil

Anyway, thanks for the input.

Yours
B

1500 Duke list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Duke list   1500 Duke list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 Duke list
Page 1 of 1