THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 DE List - Total newbie

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Triavan
Slave
Triavan

1850 DE List - Total newbie Empty
PostSubject: 1850 DE List - Total newbie   1850 DE List - Total newbie I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2016, 23:57

Hey guys.  Brand new to 40k, and being the contrary sort I've settled on Dark Eldar for my first army.  I've been doing my homework and have put together a list that I would love to have some feedback on:

HQ
Succubus Archite Glaive Armor of Misery Haywire Grenade WWP 150

Troop
2x Kabalites (5) Venom w/ Cannon 210
2x Kabalites (10) Raider w/ lance racks and sails 320

Fast
2x Reavers (3) w/ caltrops 126
Scourges (5) 4x haywire 120

Heavy
3x Ravager 3x lance and sails 390

Grotesquerie
Haemunculus Scissorhand WWP Nightmare Doll 150
2x Grotesques (3) Aberation w/ Scissorhand in Raider w/ lance and sails 380

For a total of 1846

Like I said, I am brand new to the game, so any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Amheir-ka
Hellion
Amheir-ka

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE List - Total newbie   1850 DE List - Total newbie I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29 2016, 00:12

Why the sails on the ravagers? You're not likely to need to turbo boost with them.

Other than that this looks pretty solid. I would also suggest taking the sails off of the raiders. You could argue against that if you think they may need to do an extreme dash to an objective.
Back to top Go down
Triavan
Slave
Triavan

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE List - Total newbie   1850 DE List - Total newbie I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29 2016, 01:01

For the most part I was just filling out points, same with the Nightmare Doll on the Haemunculous.  I am pretty sure I can trim down a few upgrades for (probably) another unit of venom-borne kabalites, but I thought I would see what feedback was on offer and make sure I was headed in the right direction before I paint the trim, as it were.

Thanks a lot for your input, I am glad to know that I am in the ballpark at least  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rewind
Kabalite Warrior
Rewind

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE List - Total newbie   1850 DE List - Total newbie I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29 2016, 01:19

Fairly solid list & common around these parts.

General advice would be to drop the Warriors Raiders for Venoms & the sails off everything, assuming you plan to DS both Grot. squads with the WWP's. (2 WWP's is legal right?)

Another recent list has a very similar theme & it was suggested to drop the upgrades to free up points for a 2nd CAD, paying only a 10pt tax to take more Ravagers.

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t13999-1850-pts-of-gunboats

I would say at least another HWB Scourges squad & and roll the Reavers into a 6 man squad.

Either way, you have the points to drop upgrades & bring a whole other squad.

There is alot of advice around, see what others have posted, the advice is usually the same Smile
Back to top Go down
Triavan
Slave
Triavan

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE List - Total newbie   1850 DE List - Total newbie I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29 2016, 02:53

Thanks for the link, I had missed a bunch of very pertinent replies to that thread since I looked at it over the weekend.

I appreciate the input. I don't doubt a lot of these advice threads get pretty repetitive, but it's a big investment to get started, and it's greatly appreciated to have some veterans weigh in before I sign my life over to GW Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE List - Total newbie   1850 DE List - Total newbie I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29 2016, 21:30

I know exactly what you mean, Triavan. It's one of the reasons I try so hard to ensure accurate information is available here, and opinions don't go unchallenged. I don't like to see people spend a bunch of money on models they're not happy with.

The guys here gave pretty good advice. The only thing I'd add is that I wouldn't bother with the WWPs on characters if you're putting them in raiders with the grots. Deep striking them means that they can't charge till turn 3 at the earliest, whereas if you start on the table, you could potentially assault turn 1.
Back to top Go down
Triavan
Slave
Triavan

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE List - Total newbie   1850 DE List - Total newbie I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30 2016, 08:43

Sorry for the delayed response...  I hadn't thought about DS delaying the usage on those Grots, it does make more sense to table them.  Thanks for that.  

I very much appreciate you weighing in, I've taken a lot of your advice on the Dark City boards along my learning curve.  Aside from feeling a little obsessive for planning to kit bash Grotesques on my first army... I am pretty happy with where my list has landed.  Thanks to all three of you gentlemen for the pointers.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE List - Total newbie   1850 DE List - Total newbie I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01 2016, 16:04

Glad to help. Good luck with your list, and let us know if you have any other questions! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE List - Total newbie   1850 DE List - Total newbie I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 DE List - Total newbie
Page 1 of 1