THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Colour Scheme

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
StiXFletcher
Slave
StiXFletcher

Colour Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Colour Scheme   Colour Scheme I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01 2016, 05:23

Hey all,
I'm pretty new to painting models but I've finally gotten fed up with an army of grey plastic so I decided to start painting them ... grey.
Any feedback on the technique or colour scheme would be great. I'm thinking that my final version will have a more orange red and a more teal blue.
Also what do you think about how to base this colour scheme?
Thanks.

Colour Scheme Img_0510
Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

Colour Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colour Scheme   Colour Scheme I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01 2016, 18:02

Not bad, but personally, I would not use the same color for both details and main parts. I think the blue armor plates only distract from the blue eyes, runes and rifle parts. This would not be the case if the shoulder and knee pads were grey, red or silver instead.
Also, maybe you should make the tube blue rather than the chest plug.
Back to top Go down
Blindside
Slave
Blindside

Colour Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colour Scheme   Colour Scheme I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04 2016, 02:14

I agree, I like the grey and red and blue details, but change the blue armour to more grey or red.... I really like it the colour choice otherwise.
Back to top Go down
StiXFletcher
Slave
StiXFletcher

Colour Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colour Scheme   Colour Scheme I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04 2016, 10:01

Thanks fot the advice guys. Do you think if only one shoulder or knee was colours that would work better?
Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

Colour Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colour Scheme   Colour Scheme I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04 2016, 22:41

StiXFletcher wrote:
Thanks fot the advice guys. Do you think if only one shoulder or knee was colours that would work better?

Not really. As long as it's still the detail color, the effect will be the same.
Back to top Go down
Nyx_Necrodragon
Kabalite Warrior
Nyx_Necrodragon

Colour Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colour Scheme   Colour Scheme I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04 2016, 23:04

Nope I tried that once when I was first making my colourscheme. It doesn't change much and does tend to look like you're being lazy. Personally I'd make the red darker but that's more because I think darker reds make the light blues pop more and in general look better on DE.

Colour Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colour Scheme   Colour Scheme I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Colour Scheme
Page 1 of 1