THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Help me with colour scheme!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Falke
Hellion
Falke

Help me with colour scheme! Empty
PostSubject: Help me with colour scheme!   Help me with colour scheme! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20 2017, 15:48

Hello guys! I`m very frustrating - i can`t to choose any colour scheme and can`t to start painting my
cabal\coven.
Now i`m trying to paint units, which not highly depends from colour scheme.
Help me please =)

Help me with colour scheme! Ssl1

Help me with colour scheme! Mand1
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Help me with colour scheme!   Help me with colour scheme! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26 2017, 20:19

I think what you have done so far looks good. What parts are you struggling to choose about? Is it the general scheme of your army, or just particular units? Smile

SC jocolor

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Scrz
Sybarite
Scrz

PostSubject: Re: Help me with colour scheme!   Help me with colour scheme! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27 2017, 06:00

The black with blue edge highlight looks really cool. Why not just stick with that and accentuate with bright colors on the details, like the red drug dispenser on the sslyth there.

Squirrel!
Back to top Go down
Falke
Hellion
Falke

PostSubject: Re: Help me with colour scheme!   Help me with colour scheme! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27 2017, 06:47

spellcheck2001 wrote:
I think what you have done so far looks good. What parts are you struggling to choose about? Is it the general scheme of your army, or just particular units? Smile

SC jocolor

Yes, i need general scheme. I think about scheme based on Sotek Green and kabalite green\sybarite green highlights. But how it will works both with infantry and vehicles?
Or Incubi darkness and kabalite green\sybarite green highlights...
Orks much easier to paint =)
Back to top Go down
Falke
Hellion
Falke

PostSubject: Re: Help me with colour scheme!   Help me with colour scheme! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27 2017, 12:58

Test model. Only for watch colours. (Dont look to knee pads)
Base - Incubi darkness
Body and arms - drybrush Sybarite green
Legs - drybrush Sotek green
It seems to me, that drybrush Sybarite green is looking more interesting. Or i need more agressive highlights on sotek green

Help me with colour scheme! 9S-gyGZTtHQ
Back to top Go down
KaliYuga
Hellion
KaliYuga

PostSubject: Re: Help me with colour scheme!   Help me with colour scheme! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29 2017, 12:09

Cool.
Anyway, I started my army back in 2008 or so, and changed it's scheme like 6 times.
Can understand the problem with choosing it Smile

As a general guideline, I'd say choose a color, and then check up the 2-3 main contrasts with it, if you want contrast (complementary,simultaneous(? dunno in english), opposite and quality (?))

Green scheme?

Bright red shoots it in the atmosphere, a darkened red gives a low contrast\realistic feel, while keeping it separated.

Put in a violet, and you darken the whole model giving the evil look (that's how supervillains work, green\violet = rotting, to the human brain, not something you'd eat)

Go yellow, part of the green build (for the italian color scheme, at least), and give it a shifting feel

An so on.

To me,works nicely.

If you need to break up the models further, metallic is always an option, with bronze standing up for a contrast-wise choice. Silver\steel blends in in a more neutral way.

Last thing are washes. People seem to use them just to make gradients, but they are a nice way to low down colors, or give slight accents.

Using a x color wash on the same color base, gives it saturation (generally), making it deeper. Using the complementar (?) color, example red on green, darkens and desaturates it.

In general devlan mud (agrax something now?) works nicely to tone them all down, giving a slightly less flashy look (which i love).
Black wash is nice to cast shadows, or to turn highlights up : base, paints highlights\glazes on the edges, blackwash, repeat the highlights. they stand out a lot.

Don't know if this could be helpful, or it is clear. Hope so.

Cheers

EDIT: for the scheme posted above, i've seen incubi darkness working well with it as base, hawk turquoise for the first, low highlights, and scorpion green for the edge, if you want a green-ish feel. Can't tell the new color names tho.
Back to top Go down
Falke
Hellion
Falke

PostSubject: Re: Help me with colour scheme!   Help me with colour scheme! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30 2017, 10:55

Thank you, dude!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help me with colour scheme!   Help me with colour scheme! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help me with colour scheme!
Page 1 of 1