THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000 Realspace Raiders

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MC-Flaysalot
Slave
MC-Flaysalot

2000 Realspace Raiders Empty
PostSubject: 2000 Realspace Raiders   2000 Realspace Raiders I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07 2016, 07:37

Scrapping my original plans for a covenite force (due to the new Start Collecting box being a pretty decent steal). I've come up with a list for a Kabalite themed force instead, also utilizing the boxes Reavers.

Succubus w/ Archite Glaive, AoM, and Haywire Grenades -115

5 Incubi in Raider w/ Nightshields (succubus goes here) -170

4x10 Kabalite Warriors (w/ Syrabite) in Raiders w/ Nightshields and Splinter Racks -700

2x5 Scourge w/ Haywire Blasters -240

2x6 Reavers (w/ Arena Champion w/ Agonizer) and 2 Cluster Caltrops -322

Razorwing w/ Dark Lances, Splinter Cannon, and Shatterfield Missiles -170

2x Ravagers w/ Dark Lances and Nightshields -280

So, hit me with it fellow Archons. Do your worst!
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Realspace Raiders   2000 Realspace Raiders I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07 2016, 20:25

My worst? Haha, even I wouldn't be so cruel. Wink

Basically, you went a bit upgrade crazy here with unit sizes that are generally too large in a meta that doesn't currently reward large unit size for things like incubi and kabalite warriors. Further, you chose the realspace raider detachment when the sole benefit of said detachment is expanded fast attack slots, and you're not using them.

I'd drop the champions and agonizers, lower the kabalite squads to 5 man squads in venoms instead of raiders, add another ravager, and either drop the razorwing or make it minimum cost with no upgrades. The way our army works, it's almost always best to say "NO" to upgrades and instead use the points on more units/vehicles.

I hope that helps, and let us know what you decide to do! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MC-Flaysalot
Slave
MC-Flaysalot

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Realspace Raiders   2000 Realspace Raiders I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07 2016, 20:46

If I were absolutely dead set on using Raiders, how would you run the kabalites inside them? I know it's not the most optimal choice (especially since jink now affects passengers) but raiders are all I own atm. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Rewind
Kabalite Warrior
Rewind

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Realspace Raiders   2000 Realspace Raiders I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07 2016, 21:06

You own 5 Raiders!

Did you buy them as Ravagers, so the could be fielded as either?

If not, you could maybe just buy the Ravagers weapons from Ebay & convert some?

After lurking here & following the sage advice of players like Betray. I have only even planned to get 2 Raiders max & the only units going in them will be Grots.

Do you have a regular enemy you play against & whats in your local Meta? I'm sure the vets. here will be able to offer a few suggestions, if they know what you'll be facing?

Last edited by Rewind on Thu Jul 07 2016, 23:26; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Brain Fart)
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Realspace Raiders   2000 Realspace Raiders I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07 2016, 23:25

I'd run them with min-sized squads of 5 warriors in them with no upgrades. Also no upgrades on the raiders except possibly upgrading the dissie cannon to a dark lance, but that's pure opinion. With 3 dark lance ravagers, 2 units of haywire blaster scourges, and 2 units of 6 reavers with caltrops, I'd probably just keep the dissie cannons on the raiders to help with anti-infantry.

In that case, I'd also definitely switch your jetfighter to minimum-price mode with an upgraded splinter cannon only, as that's the best anti-infantry loadout for it, and that's probably where you're going to need it's help. Remember that you can shoot all 4 missiles on the turn it arrives now.(That wasn't the case last edition)
Back to top Go down
MC-Flaysalot
Slave
MC-Flaysalot

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Realspace Raiders   2000 Realspace Raiders I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08 2016, 00:07

Ok, so if I were to invest in some additional transports in the form of venoms, would this list be a little better looking? It seems like MSU might be the way to go.

CAD
Succubus w/ Archite Glaive, AoM, and Haywire Grenades -115

4 Incubi in Venom w/ SC (succubus goes here) -145

4x5 Kabalite Warriors (w/ Blaster) in Venoms w/ SC -480

2x6 Reavers w/ Cluster Caltrops -252

Razorwing w/ Dark Lances, Splinter Cannon, and Shatterfield Missiles -170

2nd CAD
Archon w/ Webway Portal, Haywire Grenades, and Blaster -115

3x5 Kabalite Warriors w/ Blasters in Venoms w/ SC -360

2x5 Scourges w/ Haywire Blasters -240

1x5 Scourges w/ Heat Lances -120 (Archon goes here for that sweet no scatter DS)
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Realspace Raiders   2000 Realspace Raiders I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08 2016, 01:21

MC-Flaysalot wrote:
Ok, so if I were to invest in some additional transports in the form of venoms, would this list be a little better looking?

Not really. You sacrificed the 1 unit I suggested taking more of, dropping BOTH your ravagers, haha.

This is what I'd do to streamline your list while still being basically what you've presented:

Drop 1 incubi from your incubi squad and upgrade 1 to klaivex(no demiklaive). +12 points
Make your razorwing minimum cost + splinter cannon. +30 points
Drop all the blasters from your warriors. +105 points
Drop 2 unit of warriors from the first CAD. +210 points
Drop the armour of misery from the succubus. +15 points
Drop the haywire grenade from the archon. +5 points

TOTAL: 377

Then buy 3 triple-lance Ravagers. -375 points

2 incubi and a Klaivex put out more damage output than 4 incubi because the Klaivex gets rampage and you'll almost always be outnumbered with a total of 4 models in that unit including the Succubus. It also gives you an additional option for challenges.

Good luck, and let us know whatever you decide! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Realspace Raiders   2000 Realspace Raiders I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000 Realspace Raiders
Page 1 of 1