THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Corsair/Covens list(s), C&C please!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

Corsair/Covens list(s), C&C please! Empty
PostSubject: Corsair/Covens list(s), C&C please!   Corsair/Covens list(s), C&C please! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14 2016, 00:28

Comments, Critiques, and Criticisms all welcome!
2 Separate lists below.
I'm new to Corsairs and don't really know what I'm doing. Legitimately these lists were built just to allow me to use some swanky Dark Lance Balestrike conversions I've built.

--------------------------------------------

LIST 1 - 1850
Corsairs CAD
-Prince, Jetbike, Shadowfield, CoATreasures (Spirit Stone), Psyker 1, HWG, Void Sabre
-3 Could Dancers, 3 Scatter Lasers
-5 Balestrikes, Jetpacks, 5 Dark Lances
-Warp Hunter

Corpsethief Claw
-5 Talos, 4 Ichor Injector

---------------------------------------------

LIST 2 - 1850
Corsair CAD
-Prince, Shimmershield, SofPleasures, Haywire Grenades, Void Sabre
-Void Dreamer, Shimmershield, Psy 3, Haywire Grenades
-3 Cloud Dancers, 3 Scatter Lasers
-3 Cloud Dancers, 3 Dark Lances
-3 Cloud Dancers, 3 Dark Lances
-Warp Hunter

Grotesquerie
-Haemonculus, Syndriq's Sump
-3 Grotesques + Aberration, Scissorhand, in Raider w/ Enhanced Aethersails
-3 Grotesques + Aberration, Scissorhand, in Raider w/ Enhanced Aethersails

---------------------------------------------

List 1 has CTC playing as linebackers to keep pods/alpha strikes distracted and away from my squishy corsairs.
List 2 has the Grots set up to zoom into the enemy zone to wreak merry havoc.

Prince in list 1 doesn't really have a job aside from buff Balestrikes (WC1 prescience via spirit stone sounded nice), or 4++ Talos. Too many points in him for that role. Help?

List 2 has some Scat turned to DLance to compensate for lack of Corpsethief CC anti-tank. Shimmershields are so the 2 Corsair HQs can sit in with the Grots and beef 'em up, shamelessly stolen from another thread somewhere on this forum.
Corpsethief has more obvious and immediate destructive potential, but I've never been let down by Grots before, even without buffs.

What do you all think?

Host of Shattered Purity - Chaos Daemons
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Corsair/Covens list(s), C&C please!   Corsair/Covens list(s), C&C please! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14 2016, 05:21

I actually like list 2, though, since you only have the 1 psyker, I might consider just dropping him down to ML1 to use those points to take advantage of the drugs on other units. I can't remember right off the top of my head, but isn't it like 10 points per unit or something to give them access to the combat drugs? That would give almost all of your cloud dancers drugs if you wanted to. Extra toughness on the cloud dancers would make this list super scary.
Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

PostSubject: Re: Corsair/Covens list(s), C&C please!   Corsair/Covens list(s), C&C please! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14 2016, 07:05

+1 Toughness does sound crazy good on a pile of jetbikes!
Thanks for the idea!
However those Void Dreamer psyker levels are only 20pts each, while combat drugs are 15pts/unit.
And there's only a 1/6 chance of getting Toughness, the rest are CC buffs (asides from 6 which is roll again twice).
I like having the multiple psyker levels on a Void Dreamer, a chance to nab some yummy divination powers which can supplement the list.
But you're right those could be the first points to go if I find a better use.

Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Corsair/Covens list(s), C&C please!   Corsair/Covens list(s), C&C please! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15 2016, 00:52

Fair enough! Well, other than that, it looks pretty good. I'd be interested in hearing how it does!

As an aside, I've typically found that the enhanced aethersails don't really make that much of a difference these days, since you can already move+flat out 30 inches in a fast skimmer. That basically puts you 6 inches into your opponent's deployment zone in turn 1.

So......if you wanted to, you could probably throw a scissorhand on your Haemonculus instead of taking the sails. Other than that, I can't see any better use for the points.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

PostSubject: Re: Corsair/Covens list(s), C&C please!   Corsair/Covens list(s), C&C please! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15 2016, 03:36

Cheers! I hope to test them out sooner than later, will absolutely post a review.

Yeah I don't normally take Aethersails, but I've also had a few occasions where I'm forced to deploy first and my opponent places the things I WANT to charge as far away from the Grots as possible. On those occasions, the extra 6" flat out makes a huge difference lol.

Trying to figure out how to get a Void Dreamer in the 1st list with the CTC, in an attempt to get that sweet sweet 2d6" slide power.
Any ideas what to change up?

Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Corsair/Covens list(s), C&C please!   Corsair/Covens list(s), C&C please! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15 2016, 18:45

Could just drop a unit of scatterbikes and trim down the prince's gear.

I feel like I recall something in a FAQ effecting the void dreamer's ability to use some of those powers on non-corsairs, but that might have just been an ITC ruling.
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: Corsair/Covens list(s), C&C please!   Corsair/Covens list(s), C&C please! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20 2016, 04:37

Both lists are pretty spammy with all those scatterbikes, though still maintain some premium threats between the Warp Hunter and the CtC or Grotesquerie. I think that I like both. There are two things I will mention though:

- Firstly, since you're playing so many bikes, I wondered if you might consider using Splinter Cannons on some of them. They're really impressive - 3 cloud dancers with a splinter cannon each cost you only 75 pts, yet they output 18 splinter shots per shooting phase, in addition to the movement shenanigans they have. If you had 2 of your 6 Cloud Dancer units geared up this way, it would add extra flexibility and raw dakka to your arsenal, and save you some points too. Proxy them up, you might just fall in love.

- Secondly, have you considered playing the Corsair section inside of the unique Corsair detachment? You are already paying most of the tax in your second list (being your Void Dreamer to unlock a coterie) so it's not a huge burden to unlock this type of list; one extra Baron for a second coterie and you're almost there.

I'd look at taking 2 coteries with your style of list, Titan Breakers & Hate Bringers. You do pay for your Baron tax, but get to retain objective secured on all your bikes, and add in two very good special rules: Tank Hunters on up to 4 of your Cloud Dancers units & 1 unit of your Balestrikes, and access to one additional free VP if you kill a target that you designate at the start of the game.

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corsair/Covens list(s), C&C please!   Corsair/Covens list(s), C&C please! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Corsair/Covens list(s), C&C please!
Page 1 of 1