THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Corsair list

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

Corsair list Empty
PostSubject: Corsair list   Corsair list I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04 2016, 05:18

So I got Doom of Mymeara and spent a good hour or so trying to find something that I could exploit in this codex. What I found is really cool, I played a game and did very well. I enjoy the mechanic but it's expensive.

Since battlescribe isn't updated yet on DoM i had to write the list out and since then I have lost the list. As far as I can remember it was a combo of the following.

This was a 1250 tourney list I made

Prince on a bike with survivor of endless darkness

Void Dreamer with ML 2 ( i got webway maze and wap tunnel.)

Scatt bikes x4.

2x Reavers 2x blasters - venom, scatter laser, splinter cannon, kinetic shroud, void burners

2 hornets with pulse lasers - kinetic shrouds - void burners

Warp Hunter - Kinetic Shroud - Void burners.

Dark Eldar Formation

Scalpel Squadron

I think that was all.

Where it gets cool is that I chose the Sky Burners command benefit. What this allowed me to do was that each vehicle that deep strikes rolls only 1d6 for scatter, and they may re-roll reserves.

Pretty cool just by itself but the key is the kinetic shrouds. On a 6" movement they grant a 5++, on a flat out they grant 4++, and on a deep strike they allow you a 4++ rerollable against shooting attacks. It was a very cool list and a lot of fun to play. It definitely does a decent amount of dakka but those re-rolls and ability to be risky with my vehicles really played off in the end. I enjoy it a lot and will be making a 1850 version soon, Probably with some DE.

You guys should try it.
Back to top Go down
vidyadhara
Slave
vidyadhara

Corsair list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsair list   Corsair list I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28 2016, 06:00

Awesome list, i must ask tho, where did you place the void dreamer?
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

Corsair list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsair list   Corsair list I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28 2016, 16:34

Battled crime just updated for DoM
Back to top Go down
vidyadhara
Slave
vidyadhara

Corsair list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsair list   Corsair list I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29 2016, 21:39

colinsherlow wrote:
sorry, i dont understand?
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

Corsair list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsair list   Corsair list I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29 2016, 22:07

vidyadhara wrote:
colinsherlow wrote:
sorry, i dont understand?

He's probably referring to Battle Scribe, for the list itself being uploaded directly from it.

As for the list itself, the only thing that jumps out at me is that your Venoms are going with Splinter Cannons and Scatter Lasers. I don't have the book at the moment so I can't remember their options, but Shuriken Cannons and Scatter Lasers seem like a better partnership because they can both instant kill other Eldar or equivalent and threaten vehicles.

Did you outflank the Hornets or deep strike them as well?
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

Corsair list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsair list   Corsair list I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30 2016, 06:30

Stupid predictive text.

Yeah I meant battle SCRIBE has been updated

I think Splinter Cannons are being taken over Shuriken Cannons because they are way cheaper. Splinter Cannons are only 10pts whereas Shuriken Cannons are 20 pts. I think splinter is the way to go of the two option. It still keeps the venoms on the cheaper side, while still being effective
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

Corsair list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsair list   Corsair list I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30 2016, 09:43

Oh right, yeah that makes sense. Wasn't aware of the points difference, but at 10 a pop, I'd go for splinters too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Corsair list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsair list   Corsair list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Corsair list
Page 1 of 1