THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Awesome stuff.

Go down 
+2
theblackjackal
Cailos
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Cailos
Kabalite Warrior
Cailos

Awesome stuff. Empty
PostSubject: Awesome stuff.   Awesome stuff. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05 2011, 20:14

Well I need to tell you guys about this.

I was playing a game with my Dark Eldar vs Daemons and I had an empty Raider with a FF and Shock Pow on it. It was in my movement phase and I was thinking how I could move stuff around and I saw that my enemy had is Bloodthister and Soul Grinder in a straight line from my Raider with the Soul Grinder at max movement. So I tank shocked the Bloodthister, well he Death or Glory with him and he got one Pen on the Raider (lucky for me) and I saved it spearing the Bloodthister on the front of my Raider. And then my Raider rammed the Soul Grinder in the same movement and hit it with a Str 9 ram, Pen the Soul Grinder exploding it kill half a Plague Bearer squad next to it. My Raider made the FF save against that hit aswell. I think that was worth every point of the Raider. I am going to try and get a Bloodthister head and Soul Grinder Head to put on that Raider's Hull for the awesome stuff it did.

So what other crazy and awesome stuff has happened to you guys in your games?
Back to top Go down
theblackjackal
Hellion
theblackjackal

Awesome stuff. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awesome stuff.   Awesome stuff. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05 2011, 20:25

Under the old codex, I decided to experiment with a horrorfex-spam list. Turn 1 I managed to pin half of my opponent's firebase, and then got into combat on turn 2. It worked so well, I based my play style around it. Unfortunately, we don't have anything remotely resembling horrorfexes anymore...

Also, under the current codex, I had a kill-point game where my Succubus managed to acquire 8 all on her own (god, I love it when Guard players don't combine infantry squads in kill-point games...). 5 of those she got slaughtering guardsmen in close combat, and the other three she managed to get by running them down as they fled. This is why power weapons are awesome; they get to benefit from Furious Charge and the +1S combat drug.

https://sites.google.com/site/frontier2170
xzandrate
Kabalite Warrior
xzandrate

Awesome stuff. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awesome stuff.   Awesome stuff. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06 2011, 00:47

god I miss the horrorfex. . .

But that's a good point about the shock prows effectiveness. It may be looked at as another anti-tank option for us since we can get so much from speed.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

Awesome stuff. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awesome stuff.   Awesome stuff. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06 2011, 00:55

Yeah... however with AV10 OT it should be tool, not tactic (check Kamikaze Armada list Wink)
Back to top Go down
Cailos
Kabalite Warrior
Cailos

Awesome stuff. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awesome stuff.   Awesome stuff. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06 2011, 15:13

Local_Ork wrote:
Yeah... however with AV10 OT it should be tool, not tactic (check Kamikaze Armada list Wink)
I know it was just because its showed itself and I believed in the Dark Kin to do amazing things. And if they failed it was because the enemy pulled a dirty trick and my Dark Eldar didn't noticed so they should die for not seeing that because its a way of life in the Dark City.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

Awesome stuff. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awesome stuff.   Awesome stuff. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06 2011, 18:24

Actually I had a 500 (escalation league) pt tournament last month in which I was only the final table against my friends orks. He had 2 squads of 20 boys w/ PK Nob, Boss w PK, and 8 lootas. My list was 3 venoms and a Ravager (had 2 squads of 3 wracks, haemie, and 3 blasterborn, but that didn't matter at this point). Anyway he got to go first, got spearhead and KPs... making me set up in soft terrain. I thought I was so screwed. Basically to say it all I won 1KP to 0. His lootas failed, I whiped them out. Then I ran around the board kiting his boyz. I got saved by his bad fleet roll on his waaagh. The one time that he finally caught me, everything whiffed on hitting. I tell you what though, that many attacks in 500 pts is stupid retarded... And I got saved by pure dumb luck.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
GrenAcid
Sybarite
GrenAcid

Awesome stuff. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awesome stuff.   Awesome stuff. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13 2011, 00:30

theblackjackal wrote:
Under the old codex, I decided to experiment with a horrorfex-spam list. Turn 1 I managed to pin half of my opponent's firebase, and then got into combat on turn 2. It worked so well, I based my play style around it. Unfortunately, we don't have anything remotely resembling horrorfexes anymore...

That list was one thing that could bring my friend nidzilla list down....pin his gaunts/genestelers...cleve big guys..... Im gonna sent letter to santa for horrorfex.

Archon of All-seeing Eye Cabal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Awesome stuff. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awesome stuff.   Awesome stuff. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Awesome stuff.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion