THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Talos, why not?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
zergavas
Kabalite Warrior
zergavas

Talos, why not? Empty
PostSubject: Talos, why not?   Talos, why not? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17 2016, 18:50

Why not run 3 corpsthief claws? Ichors on everyone and haywire on 5.

Our skimmers are armored with wet cardboard, our men are wrapped in tissue paper armor and most of our ICs and special characters live in abject terror at the thought of a Str 6 weapon that can insta-kill them, We are the Dark Eldar Fear us!
Back to top Go down
BizarreShowbiz
Sybarite
BizarreShowbiz

Talos, why not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos, why not?   Talos, why not? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17 2016, 19:26

Becouse Wolfstars and IKs would roll over you in assault and D and grav weaponry would eat you alive.

Thats 4/5 top armies that would instawin against you. You would probably give a Tau a run for his money though.

Not to mention not being able to grab objectives.

stevethedestroyeofworlds
Kabalite Warrior
stevethedestroyeofworlds

Talos, why not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos, why not?   Talos, why not? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17 2016, 22:07

BizarreShowbiz wrote:
Becouse Wolfstars and IKs would roll over you in assault and D and grav weaponry would eat you alive.

Thats 4/5 top armies that would instawin against you. You would probably give a Tau a run for his money though.

Not to mention not being able to grab objectives.
Are you sure IK's would do that good?
5 s10 ap2 WS5 melee attacks would be pretty good at tearing open any vehicles in the game in assault

Trueborn

Talos, why not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos, why not?   Talos, why not? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17 2016, 23:15

stevethedestroyeofworlds wrote:
BizarreShowbiz wrote:
IKs would roll over you in assault and D and grav weaponry would eat you alive.

Are you sure IK's would do that good?
5 s10 ap2 WS5 melee attacks would be pretty good at tearing open any vehicles in the game in assault

Yeah, he's pretty sure.

Those 5 attacks actually only do 1.67 penetrating hits and 0.50 glancing hits per round of combat. Against a superheavy, that pretty much equals 2.17 glances, but if we factor in the hullpoints from the slight potential for d3 from rolling a 6, let's just call it 3 hullpoints(it would actually be less).

That virtually guarantees the knight gets 2 rounds of combat against the CTC with its D weapon and stomp attacks. The D weapon will put out 2.5 d-hits higher than 1 over the 2 rounds, which basically equals 2-3 dead Talos. An average of 2 stomp templates per round, touching 2 models per template gives them 8 stomp rolls, which is likely another 2 dead Talos.

So as you can see, it's certainly possible for the Talos to win against a knight, but it will be a Pyrrhic victory at best, since the CTC costs 510 points compared to the 375 knight, and will almost certainly be on their last wounds at the end of the melee, regardless of outcome.
Back to top Go down
BizarreShowbiz
Sybarite
BizarreShowbiz

Talos, why not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos, why not?   Talos, why not? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17 2016, 23:33

BetrayTheWorld wrote:
So as you can see, it's certainly possible for the Talos to win against a knight, but it will be a Pyrrhic victory at best, since the CTC costs 510 points compared to the 375 knight, and will almost certainly be on their last wounds at the end of the melee, regardless of outcome.

Actually, cheapest cost for a CTC is 600p Laughing

BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

Talos, why not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos, why not?   Talos, why not? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18 2016, 01:38

BizarreShowbiz wrote:
BetrayTheWorld wrote:

Actually, cheapest cost for a CTC is 600p Laughing

You're right, w/e. My point stays the same, just becomes stronger. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Talos, why not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos, why not?   Talos, why not? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Talos, why not?
Page 1 of 1