THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

First game coming up, here's the list I made with what I own.

Go down 
+2
StreetsAhead
Trazhras
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Trazhras
Hellion
Trazhras

First game coming up, here's the list I made with what I own. Empty
PostSubject: First game coming up, here's the list I made with what I own.   First game coming up, here's the list I made with what I own. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25 2016, 19:35

The game will be 500pts. Just recently got some things to expand beyond the Start Collecting box. It'll be my first game playing as Dark Eldar.

-HQs-
Archon *No Upgrades* (60pts)

-Elites-
5 Man Wrack Squad (65pts)
-Acothyst with Mindphase Gauntlet
-Dedicated Transport: Venom *No Upgrades* (55pts)

-Troops-
10 Man Kabalite Warrior Squad (105pts)
-1 Warrior with Splinter Cannon
-1 Sybarite *No Upgrades*
-Dedicated Transport: Raider with Splinter Racks (70pts)

-Fast Attack-
3 Man Reaver Squad *No Upgrades* (48pts)

5 Man Scourge Squad (95pts)
-Solarite with Venom Blade
Back to top Go down
StreetsAhead
Hellion
StreetsAhead

PostSubject: Re: First game coming up, here's the list I made with what I own.   First game coming up, here's the list I made with what I own. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25 2016, 21:29

Making a post so I can come back to this later when this evening. But first; is your opponent cool with you using only one troop selection, or is there something I'm missing?
Back to top Go down
Trazhras
Hellion
Trazhras

PostSubject: Re: First game coming up, here's the list I made with what I own.   First game coming up, here's the list I made with what I own. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25 2016, 21:35

No idea who my opponent will be, to be honest. Going to the New You tournament next Sunday (they have them on the first Sunday of each month). $5 entry fee and 500pts army. Has to be a faction you've never played before, or you have to be new to 40k, to participate. No Lords of War, Fortifications, Fliers or Forge World. Beyond that, anything goes. So I'm fielding an Unbound Army.
Back to top Go down
StreetsAhead
Hellion
StreetsAhead

PostSubject: Re: First game coming up, here's the list I made with what I own.   First game coming up, here's the list I made with what I own. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26 2016, 16:46

Oh, that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

So, I would drop the upgrades to squad leaders and the wargear they have on them. That should give you roughly 40 points to work with. Then I would take a Dark Lance on the Raider and Caltrops in the Reavers. The list as is, doesn't have anything that can hurt armor to my knowledge, the DL and Caltrops will help out.

That leaves you 20 points to throw around, maybe some gear on the Archon? Haywire grenades may give you another resource against vehicles. Armor of Misery might be worth a look. Not really sure what the Archon's job is in the list.
Back to top Go down
Trazhras
Hellion
Trazhras

PostSubject: Re: First game coming up, here's the list I made with what I own.   First game coming up, here's the list I made with what I own. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26 2016, 18:04

He doesn't really have a job. You're required to have at least one HQ, so he's just there to fill the requirement.

EDIT:
Revised List

-HQs-
Archon with Haywire Grenades and Armour of Misery (80pts)

-Elites-
5 Man Wrack Squad *No Upgrades* (50pts)
-Dedicated Transport: Venom *No Upgrades* (55pts)

-Troops-
10 Man Kabalite Warrior Squad *No Upgrades* (80pts)
-Dedicated Transport: Raider with Dark Lance and Splinter Racks (75pts)

-Fast Attacks-
3 Man Reaver Squad (58pts)
-1 Reaver with Heat Lance

5 Man Scourge Squad (100pts)
-2 Scourges with Haywire Blasters
Back to top Go down
StreetsAhead
Hellion
StreetsAhead

PostSubject: Re: First game coming up, here's the list I made with what I own.   First game coming up, here's the list I made with what I own. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26 2016, 18:43

Good ol' HQ tax.

That list looks pretty good. If you wanted to, since your Archon is just a tax, you could drop the armor for the second cannon on the Venom to get a little more firepower. Just have him hang back in cover or something along those lines.

Also, I've never used a heat lance on bikes, so not sure how that will fare. The games I've gotten to play my bikes, they pretty much jink nonstop, so the Caltrops are a better option for my play style. They can still be used to crack open transports, which is pretty nice.

Good luck though! Let us know how it goes.
Back to top Go down
Trazhras
Hellion
Trazhras

PostSubject: Re: First game coming up, here's the list I made with what I own.   First game coming up, here's the list I made with what I own. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26 2016, 18:51

I have until the 4th of September to prepare for the tournament, plenty of time for tweaking the list.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: First game coming up, here's the list I made with what I own.   First game coming up, here's the list I made with what I own. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26 2016, 18:59

Some tips for playing DE:

-ALWAYS give venoms the second splinter cannon. This is one of the best units in our codex

-If you drop the second FA unit, you can go with an Allied Detachment (1 unit from each slot, with a second troop possible). This gives your warriors/raider ObSec, which is amazing.

-Reavers should get Cluster Caltrops rather than special weapons, because you will be jinking (with your 3+ jink due to skilled riders)

-Wracks are not that great...

I would recomend trying to work a Talos into your list. Not only is it a beast at low point games, it comes with a LOT of bits for converting other units. My single talos kit has allowed me to convert countless CWE units to be DE (along with the tried-and-true crypt horror conversion)

Thats my $0.02 anyway.
Back to top Go down
StreetsAhead
Hellion
StreetsAhead

PostSubject: Re: First game coming up, here's the list I made with what I own.   First game coming up, here's the list I made with what I own. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26 2016, 19:02

Pretty sure @trazhras is trying to make a list with things already owned.

But that is a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Trazhras
Hellion
Trazhras

PostSubject: Re: First game coming up, here's the list I made with what I own.   First game coming up, here's the list I made with what I own. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26 2016, 19:42

I do plan on getting a Talos, as well as a Succubus and another Warriors Squad and Raider, but for that I have to wait until I find a buyer for my Astra Militarum. That should leave me with a good amount of money to expand my DE.
Back to top Go down
StreetsAhead
Hellion
StreetsAhead

PostSubject: Re: First game coming up, here's the list I made with what I own.   First game coming up, here's the list I made with what I own. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26 2016, 19:49

Has someone researched the effectiveness of a 10 man warrior squad in a raider vs a 5 man squad in a venom? Or two 5 man squads in venoms? With the new jink rules, it seems like 10 man squads in raiders would be a sub optimal choice of the two.
Back to top Go down
Trazhras
Hellion
Trazhras

PostSubject: Re: First game coming up, here's the list I made with what I own.   First game coming up, here's the list I made with what I own. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26 2016, 20:02

That's why I took the Splinter Racks, gives all of the Warrior's weapons Twin-Linked so they're not as badly affected by jinking.

EDIT:
What if I take this list?

Formation: Purge Coterie
Archon (140pts)
-Haywire Grenades, Soul-Trap, The Archangel of Pain, Huskblade and Blast Pistol

5 Man Kabalite Warriors (110pts)
-Sybarite with Haywire Grenades, Agoniser and Blast Pistol
-1 Warrior with Blaster
-Dedicated Transport: Venom with Splinter Cannon (65pts)

Raider (85pts)
-Dark Lance, Grisly Trophies, Shock Plow and Enhanced Aethersails

Reavers (98pts)
-Arena Champion with Agoniser
-Cluster Caltrops
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: First game coming up, here's the list I made with what I own.   First game coming up, here's the list I made with what I own. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26 2016, 21:50

That is a lot of points invested into the Archon with only a 5+ save. Are you expecting to see mostly non-fearless and non-space marines there, if not the Archangel of Pain is a waste of point against those armies as they are unaffected by it. With a 5+ armor save, even if you are striking first in most situations, I'm not sure what you expect to achieve with the Soul-Trap, at the point level I wouldn't expect to many Duels and if you are planning on instant death on multiple wound models giving you more than +1 to your strength you need to be aware of the FAQ ruling on that (not the first draft that we just got but the one prior to that) http://www.blacklibrary.com/Downloads/Product/PDF/Warhammer-40k/7th-faq/Dark_Eldar_v1.1_Dec15.pdf

I don't see any reason to take the Enhanced Aethersails unless you are planning on using it to deliver your paper Archon into Close Combat quickly which would be a bad idea (keep in mind you can't charge on turn one or in the same turn you Deepstrike). You really should be investing in a Night Shield with your Raider as at AV 10 it needs something to increase it's chance of survival.

Why did you decide to invest in the Grisly Trophies?
Back to top Go down
Trazhras
Hellion
Trazhras

PostSubject: Re: First game coming up, here's the list I made with what I own.   First game coming up, here's the list I made with what I own. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26 2016, 22:35

Grisly Trophies and Enhanced Aethersails because I had points left over.

Also, my opponents will most likely be Tau, Astra Militarum and Orks.

EDIT:
Here's what I own, everything is currently unassembled and still on sprues.

1 Archon
10 Kabalite Warriors
5 Scourges
5 Wracks
3 Reavers
1 Raider
Back to top Go down
Rewind
Kabalite Warrior
Rewind

PostSubject: Re: First game coming up, here's the list I made with what I own.   First game coming up, here's the list I made with what I own. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30 2016, 21:32

Trazhras wrote:

EDIT:
Here's what I own, everything is currently unassembled and still on sprues.

1 Archon
10 Kabalite Warriors
5 Scourges
5 Wracks
3 Reavers
1 Raider

Have you forgotten your Venom from the above?

If so, I guess I would run:

DE CAD 499

Archon, Blaster, HWG
7 x Warriors, Incl. Blaster, Lance Raider
5 x Warriors, Cannon Venom
3 x Reavers, CC
5 x Scouges, 4 x HWB

I'm not a fan of Blasters on Warriors, or the Archon @ the points level, but it's all you have Smile

If you have the $ & time, 2 more Venoms & a little proxying would result in:

DE CAD 483

Lhamean (proxy from Venom Wyches), Canon Venom
5 x Warriors, Incl Syb. (WL) Canon Venom
5 x Warriors, Canon Venom
3 x Reavers, CC
Triple Lance Ravager (Proxy from Raider, or buy side Lances from ebay)

Good luck with the game & like others have said, let us know what you take & how it goes Smile

Last edited by Rewind on Tue Aug 30 2016, 21:49; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : :))
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: First game coming up, here's the list I made with what I own.   First game coming up, here's the list I made with what I own. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30 2016, 21:49

Tau, Guard.. Um Astra Militarum and Orks? That's good for the archangel bomb.
Back to top Go down
Trazhras
Hellion
Trazhras

PostSubject: Re: First game coming up, here's the list I made with what I own.   First game coming up, here's the list I made with what I own. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30 2016, 23:47

My collection has actually changed. My previous models were stolen while visiting an out of state shop. So instead I'm going to have this to work with:
1 Archon with Agonizer
8 Kabalite Warriors (3 have blasters)
5 Wracks
5 Grotesques
1 Venom
6 Reavers
1 Unassembled Talos

They're an army I'm buying from someone else to hold me over until my friend can come down with some things he bought me to help me restart my army.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First game coming up, here's the list I made with what I own.   First game coming up, here's the list I made with what I own. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First game coming up, here's the list I made with what I own.
Page 1 of 1