THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Starting DE, Made A list, Advice?

Go down 
+2
Von Snabel
VeryDapperFellow
6 posters
AuthorMessage
VeryDapperFellow
Slave
VeryDapperFellow

Starting DE, Made A list, Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Starting DE, Made A list, Advice?   Starting DE, Made A list, Advice? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 08 2017, 10:39

List:
HQ
Archon, Power Sword, Shadow Field (115)

Elites:
Incubi, 3x Incubi, 1x Klaivex, 1x Klaive, 1x Venom: Splinter Cannons (155)

Troops
10x Kabalite Warriors, 1x Blaster, 1x Splinter Cannon, Raider: Splinter Racks (180)
10x Kabalite Warriors, 1x Blaster, 1x Splinter Cannon, Raider: Splinter Racks (180)

Fast Attack:
Razorwing Jetfighter Wing: 2x Razorwings, 2x Splinter Cannons (280)
6x Reavers, 2x Cluster Caltrops (126)
6x Reavers, 2x Cluster Caltrops (126)
5x Scourges, 2 Blasters, 2 Haywire Blasters (130)
5x Scourges, 2 Blasters, 2 Haywire Blasters (130)

Heavy Support:
Ravager, 3x Dark Lances, Night Shields (140)
Ravager, 3x Disintegrator Cannonss, (125)
Voidraven Bomber, (160)

Going for shooty units, and everything is mechanized (at least in the beginning), trying to keep madatory hq low cost, advice?

Last edited by VeryDapperFellow on Sat Apr 08 2017, 12:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Von Snabel
Kabalite Warrior
Von Snabel

PostSubject: Re: Starting DE, Made A list, Advice?   Starting DE, Made A list, Advice? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 08 2017, 10:51

Hey and welcome to the forums!

Disclaimer, Im not the bst player ever, but I can say my experience.

In my lists i do like to run the melee Archon, as i assum you're gonna do in the venom with your Incubi. But i must say, it's worth another 10p to get the Agoniser. Otherwise you're wounding on 5s agains about anything with a 3+ save (excepty sisters i believe ?). If you REALLY wanna go cheap on the HQ you can take a lonley Court with a Lhamean. It's not my cup of tea but some like it.

Another thing that I'd do, though Im not sure if it the best, is to run the Bikes in smaller units. More objective focused and you'll lose 3 less if someone points a Ignores Cover weapond at them. But then again it comes with some drawback such as not as good charge, and they're bad once the HoW is resolved.

On the point of Voidraven, it's not that good tbh. BUT if you like it go for it. If you make it work, do tell.

But good luck and I'd love to hear how it panned out. So do tell what conclution you came to once you've played a game or two with it.

Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Starting DE, Made A list, Advice?   Starting DE, Made A list, Advice? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 08 2017, 15:39

I assume this is a RSR detachment since you have so many FA slots?

You have the begining of a good list here. Razorwings are equiped just as I like it, you are maxing out the FA slots (which you need to do since you are missing out on ObSec troops), and your Ravagers are not mixing weapons.

To improve this I would recomend re-arranging the Scourge squads, so that one has all blasters, and one has all HWB. THat way you can sit back at 24" with the HWB while the Blaster unit gets to its desired 18" range.

Something to keep in mind with DE, unit cost. If you are planning on putting your archon in with the Incubi, it will be a 170 pt squad sitting in a 2HP vehicle. If I was your opponent, that would be my #1 target. At least give them a raider with NS so that they MAY get into range before getting blasted.

Lastly, your troop squads are WAY too pricey, drop either the blaster or the SC. Try to keep your troops cheap so that they can do what they do best: sacrifice their lives to grab objectives. I personally love having 4 warrior/venom squads that cost nothing for grabbing objectives.
Back to top Go down
VeryDapperFellow
Slave
VeryDapperFellow

PostSubject: Re: Starting DE, Made A list, Advice?   Starting DE, Made A list, Advice? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 10 2017, 10:16

Von Snabel wrote:

But good luck and I'd love to hear how it panned out. So do tell what conclution you came to once you've played a game or two with it.

Played a game with the list yesterday, got lucky with the bomb and wiped about 400 pts of AM, got shot down after that though. I lost bc my archon got absolutely blasted off the table with his incubi guard on turn 2, but other than that the list pulled through. I only lost a little bit, it could have gone worse.
Back to top Go down
ooftaJ
Slave
ooftaJ

PostSubject: Re: Starting DE, Made A list, Advice?   Starting DE, Made A list, Advice? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 10 2017, 23:41

Don't normally invest in the shadow field too often with the archon. Tend to look at the Archon with a Incubi unit as a 60 point assault grenade with command traits. The points spent on a Shadow Field is two more Incubi. Face a lot of 2UP armor in the gaming circle so the additional S4, AP2 swings are beneficial. Also you gain two more wounds in the unit with potential 2 more saves and feel no pains.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Starting DE, Made A list, Advice?   Starting DE, Made A list, Advice? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 11 2017, 05:09

Assault grenades do not confer. the Incubi will still strike at I1 if they charge into terrain. You do not want 2 more incubi because you've then wasted the sweet sweet rampage and cost efficiency opportunity cost of not taking a 3 body unit containing a klaivex instead.
Back to top Go down
Voidgazer
Hellion
Voidgazer

PostSubject: Re: Starting DE, Made A list, Advice?   Starting DE, Made A list, Advice? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 11 2017, 05:32

Hi and welcome to the forum fellow Archon!

Depending on what you want from your list my answer to you would vary. If you're just looking for some fun trying out some new units your list is pretty solid.
If you want to be able to play more competitively or just a bit more efficient i would suggest cutting your kabalite warriors by half and putting them in venoms without any upgrades. Also you could either just drop your Archon in favour for either Succubus or Lhamean which both are more preferable then an Archon points wise. Personally i like having my archon with though and if you feel some love for him too i also recommend going with the Agoniser instead.
Further if you drop one of the razorwings and half of those kabalite warriors (and maybe some few more points, didn't calculate exactly) as earlier mentioned you could get a minimum CAD as well with a Lhamean as cheap HQ and 2x Kabalite warriors bare bones in venoms for some ob sec.
Back to top Go down
ooftaJ
Slave
ooftaJ

PostSubject: Re: Starting DE, Made A list, Advice?   Starting DE, Made A list, Advice? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 12 2017, 06:40

amorrowlyday wrote:
Assault grenades do not confer. the Incubi will still strike at I1 if they charge into terrain.

Your right page 180...hmmm...well least can still get I6 charging into terrain if their models are already locked in combat during opponents turn or any previous turn. Page 55
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting DE, Made A list, Advice?   Starting DE, Made A list, Advice? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starting DE, Made A list, Advice?
Page 1 of 1