THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

How Does Raider Spam Work?

Go down 
+11
Azdrubael
Seshiru
Skulnbonz
Painjunky
MHaruspex
Jimsolo
fisheyes
CurstAlchemist
Marrath
doriii
40kScribe
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

How Does Raider Spam Work? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Does Raider Spam Work?   How Does Raider Spam Work? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16 2016, 20:11

or just replace some venom with more raiders
Back to top Go down
Æther
Hellion
Æther

How Does Raider Spam Work? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Does Raider Spam Work?   How Does Raider Spam Work? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16 2016, 20:19

doriii wrote:
dont we  need more than 11 dl shots at 1850?

Its all about the effective value he's getting from his shots. Think of it this way, 4xlance Ravagers bring 12shots, 11 Raiders bring 11 shots. More is not necessarily always better. Instead of shooting just 4 enemy targets a turn like the Ravagers, the Raiders may shoot 11 targets. Sometimes you just need to cripple an enemy vehicle, or maybe you just want it to jink. He has much better control over his fire this way, and I think it helps.

Edit: Also note you pay about 160 point more for the 11 Raiders then you do 4xRavagers, so maybe 5xRavagers would be more fair to compare. 15 shots firing at up to 5 targets vs 11 shots at up to 11 targets. I believe the 11 is still better. You also have to consider the Raiders 33hps of av10 over the  Ravagers 15hps of av11, and the extra target saturation.
Back to top Go down

How Does Raider Spam Work?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2