THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Reaver Apoc Data-sheet: The Web of Blades

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lazarus
Hellion
Lazarus

Reaver Apoc Data-sheet: The Web of Blades Empty
PostSubject: Reaver Apoc Data-sheet: The Web of Blades   Reaver Apoc Data-sheet: The Web of Blades I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07 2011, 06:37

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rItdHYaCwPM - Awesome inspirational video for my concept. ( skip to 1:00)

Right so look at how the sail fish act and move. Can't you imagine reavers doing that?! like multiple squads charging the same squad from different directions at high speed with super awesome devastating effect?

So I was thinking something along the lines of:

3+ Reaver squads

All other rules and option apply.

Special Rules:
Web of Blades- if all the reaver squads turbo-boost over one or more of the same enemy squads then they recieve an extra d6 blade vane attacks with the rendering special rule in addition to the bladevane, cluster caltrop and grav-talon attacks they would normally make.

I was also thinking of giving them the hit and run rule instead of this cause that would be more like the sailfish but it would be less effective as people don't like putting their reavers into combat.

I was thinking of giving them a special which allows them to get extra pain tokens if they wipe out a squad in one pass. Like D3 pain tokens (for each squad taken out) are shared between the squads if they take down a squad in one pass.

So I would try to make a more official datasheet for this and upload it but.....I'm lazy. so What do you guys think of it? does it sound plausible and balanced?
Back to top Go down
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Reaver Apoc Data-sheet: The Web of Blades   Reaver Apoc Data-sheet: The Web of Blades I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07 2011, 08:57

like the concept.

I'm not sure how many extra attacks here. Is it 1d6 total, per squad, or per reaver? Something like all bladevane/caltop/grav-talon attacks are rending or reroll to wound. For pain token idea, since all the attacks are combined they all get token if unit is wiped out, like they were one huge unit.
Back to top Go down
Lazarus
Hellion
Lazarus

PostSubject: Re: Reaver Apoc Data-sheet: The Web of Blades   Reaver Apoc Data-sheet: The Web of Blades I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07 2011, 17:17

Cheers Smile
Its an extra d6 rendering bladevane attacks per squad. not per reaver. I did think of all attacks rending or re-roll to wound but it might make it a bit uber powerful. with 3 squads of nine assuming you get 2 bladevane attacks on average your getting 54 S4 AP- attacks. Now Imagine if all of those attacks were rendering? I think you would have to pay a bit more than 100 points. : /
I was genuinly thinking of putting the pain token system like that but decided against it, but now that someone else has also thought of it I might just do it like that. Smile
Back to top Go down
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Reaver Apoc Data-sheet: The Web of Blades   Reaver Apoc Data-sheet: The Web of Blades I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07 2011, 20:04

With 1d6 per squad, and some kind of pain token 100pts is in ballpark. When I first read it I thought it was 1d6 for formation, then I reread and wasn't sure which of the 3 it was.
Back to top Go down
Lazarus
Hellion
Lazarus

PostSubject: Re: Reaver Apoc Data-sheet: The Web of Blades   Reaver Apoc Data-sheet: The Web of Blades I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07 2011, 20:07

Yeah I thought 100 points would be good for the D6 per squad. I'll try and figure out how to type on the downloadable pdf document for data sheets on the gw website so i can make a more official looking data sheet.
Back to top Go down
Raneth
Sybarite
Raneth

PostSubject: Re: Reaver Apoc Data-sheet: The Web of Blades   Reaver Apoc Data-sheet: The Web of Blades I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08 2011, 00:32

Wouldn't it be easier to just have squad-wide Bladevane upgrades?

Lazarus
Hellion
Lazarus

PostSubject: Re: Reaver Apoc Data-sheet: The Web of Blades   Reaver Apoc Data-sheet: The Web of Blades I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08 2011, 03:34

ermm I don't see waht your trying to say here. Could you give an example?
Back to top Go down
Raneth
Sybarite
Raneth

PostSubject: Re: Reaver Apoc Data-sheet: The Web of Blades   Reaver Apoc Data-sheet: The Web of Blades I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08 2011, 06:09

Sorry, misread, I must have been sleepy. Razz I thought you just wanted to increase the number of Vane attacks per squad. Anyways, now that I've read it back, I think it'd be more fitting as an addition to the Bladevane's special rules:

Quote :
...If a unit has already been subjected to -another- Reaver unit's Bladevane attacks this turn, inflict an extra d6 (Rending) hits.
...or something along those lines.

Not sure how to deal with this pts-wise, though I reckon a slight increase in the basic Reaver's cost would be the easiest fix.

abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Reaver Apoc Data-sheet: The Web of Blades   Reaver Apoc Data-sheet: The Web of Blades I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08 2011, 08:06

100pts should be good for formation, that is the amount added to the swooping hawks formation that lets them make 48" assault move to attack flyers. 25pts is probably min for any formation, IG pay that just to take a group of rough riders with no extra rules. I don't recall seeing any formations that change points, it would have to be something like 25pts for formation and +x per reaver. 100pts for formation would encourage large numbers of reavers in the formation.

Maybe require a arena champion in each squad, to discourage many 3 man squads to max out bonus blade attacks? Making wiping out unit +1d3 extra pain could help discourage say 10 3 man squads instead of 3 10 man units. although lots of small squads crisscrossing units would be more like the sailfish, so maybe it shouldn't be discouraged.
Back to top Go down
Lazarus
Hellion
Lazarus

PostSubject: Re: Reaver Apoc Data-sheet: The Web of Blades   Reaver Apoc Data-sheet: The Web of Blades I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08 2011, 09:14

I think something along the lines of:

3+ Reaver Jetbike Squadrons

Web of Blades: If three or more jet bike squadrons turbo-boost over an enemy unit (note: they must all turbo-boost over the same unit(s) for this special rule to apply.) then each squad receives D6 normal bladevane attacks but with the rending universal special rule. Also if the reaver unit wipes the enemy unit out then instead of receiving a single pain token the formation receives D3 pain tokens which are to be allocated amongst the reaver units in this formation.

I said if 3 or more jet bikes would receive the rule as if it were all then the formation would be incredibly difficult to play as you would most likely wipe most squads out with the first 3 and the rest of the units will just be over kill, but you have the chance to have more. Also it allows you to have a larger formation of six which you can split in two or try and use all those rendering attacks to bring down some huge ass tank just by strength of numbers. Also if you split the formation into 2, 3 units of reavers then if they both move over different units and kill them then you get 2D3 pain tokens or if both turbo boost over two units and by some miracle of dice rolling you kill them all then you will get 4D3 paintokens amongst 6 squads.
Back to top Go down
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Reaver Apoc Data-sheet: The Web of Blades   Reaver Apoc Data-sheet: The Web of Blades I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08 2011, 09:48

They can only turboboost over 1 unit, others past over don't take damage. Chain-snares affect all units past over, bladevanes make you pick one. They are also not allowed to damage vehicles.

I think 100pts is about right for min number of squads, 15pts each squad sounds good, maybe 55+15per squad?

Alternate, each squad gets pain token on 4+ if they wipe out unit with blade vanes. (15pts squad would encourage larger squads enough I think) either version would be good I think.

Just trying to give you more ideas to work with. I would probably try any version suggested so far in apoc game.
Back to top Go down
Lazarus
Hellion
Lazarus

PostSubject: Re: Reaver Apoc Data-sheet: The Web of Blades   Reaver Apoc Data-sheet: The Web of Blades I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08 2011, 17:48

Wow, your right I should probably read the rules more carefully : /. ooops. The rule still makes sense because the formation its self an still attack multiple units and receive multiple units. Would it be that every unit that attacks the enemy and helps wipe the unit out receives a pain token on a 4+, or the whole formation. I do like this idea though as it makes getting our reavers pain tokens easier.

Also if the reaver unit wipes the enemy unit out then instead of receiving a single pain token the formation receives D3 pain tokens which are to be allocated amongst the reaver units in this formation.
vs.
If an enemy unit is wiped out by the formation then all the reaver jet bike squads that used the Web of Blades special rule on that unit will receive a pain token on a 4+.

I think I like the second idea alot better, much more simple.
Back to top Go down
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Reaver Apoc Data-sheet: The Web of Blades   Reaver Apoc Data-sheet: The Web of Blades I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09 2011, 19:06

I was thinking only the ones that helped wipe it out, the way you worded it in second option. Its much clearer the way you worded it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reaver Apoc Data-sheet: The Web of Blades   Reaver Apoc Data-sheet: The Web of Blades I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reaver Apoc Data-sheet: The Web of Blades
Page 1 of 1