THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release.

Go down 
+5
Kroupus
Count Adhemar
fisheyes
CurstAlchemist
BetrayTheWorld
9 posters
AuthorMessage
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release. Empty
PostSubject: Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release.   Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19 2016, 02:11

Per this article, the 40k facebook released a video confirming the codex release for 9-24.

http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/codex-genestealer-cults-confirmed-by.html

The recent and continuing attention to 40k's smaller factions has given me hope, and allayed my fears that DE might just be smashed in with the Eldar codex in the next round of codices.
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release.   Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19 2016, 05:00

I like that GW is going back and supporting some of these forgotten, yet still lore supported, factions.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release.   Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19 2016, 14:54

I just went to my local GW last weekend, and found out that our Wyches are no longer stocked, and need a special order. This means (to me anyway) that they are unlikely to receive a buff to them any time soon.

Are these Cult troops going to be carried stock, or will they require special ordering?
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release.   Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19 2016, 18:07

fisheyes wrote:
I just went to my local GW last weekend, and found out that our Wyches are no longer stocked, and need a special order. This means (to me anyway) that they are unlikely to receive a buff to them any time soon.

Alternatively, it could mean that they're phasing out those models because they DO intend to release an update that significantly alters wyches to the point of requiring new sculpts. I'm not a huge fan of this idea, as I own 60 wyches currently and the models themselves are some of my favorite GW sculpts, but it -could- be what's happening.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release.   Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19 2016, 18:15

They are still a new sculpt (at least in my head). It would be increadibly suprising if they re-did wyches (seldom used in a rare army, already a great model).

But we can always hope...
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release.   Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19 2016, 18:57

If they are changing the Wyches in the near future, and that is why they are special order right now, I doubt they will made a new sculpt but I can see GW re-releasing them with an upgrade sprue in it for more weapons or new weapons.

Last edited by CurstAlchemist on Tue Sep 20 2016, 01:03; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rephrased to better clarification.)
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release.   Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19 2016, 22:00

I really can't see them doing a resculpt on any of our current plastic models anytime soon. It's horrendously expensive and if the models aren't isn't selling well in the first place (due to horrendous rules, not horrendous models) I doubt it's high on their (GW) To Do List.
Back to top Go down
Kroupus
Hellion
Kroupus

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release.   Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22 2016, 10:51

In a local 1000pts tournament I guy managed to win using Genestealer cults plus 'Nid allies.

It will be interesting to see how they are fleshed out.
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release.   Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23 2016, 16:42

Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release. FB_IMG_1474642273015_zpsxlqms2ot
Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release. FB_IMG_1474642277033_zpsudrywa6p
Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release. FB_IMG_1474642282539_zpsy3xqj0et
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release.   Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23 2016, 16:53

Yup. Those certainly are genestealer cult units. No question there.
Back to top Go down
Kroupus
Hellion
Kroupus

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release.   Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23 2016, 17:15

I don't like the Acolytes.
The Neophytes look great
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release.   Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24 2016, 08:51

Some more images I lifted from Bolter and Chainsword:

Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release. 99120117004_GenestealerNeophytes08

Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release. 99120117004_GenestealerNeophytes06

Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release. 99120117004_GenestealerNeophytes05

Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release. Gscpv1

Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release. Gscpv2

Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release. Gscpv3
Back to top Go down
Cherrycoke
Kabalite Warrior
Cherrycoke

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release.   Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24 2016, 11:20

fisheyes wrote:

Are these Cult troops going to be carried stock, or will they require special ordering?

Wow, thats depressing.
Also bring back the genestealer cults limo!
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release.   Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24 2016, 13:19

Hang aboot, are those Cadian conversions, or an official conversation kit? Allowing Cults to take over Guard units would be very interesting.....

Those Cult units do look quite nice though.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release.   Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24 2016, 16:50

From what some people are saying the Codex will have rules for some guard units being part of the Cult. We don't know yet to what extent though.

From the official Codex discription:
Quote :
- rules for Genestealer Cults miniatures, the scavenged weapons they use to slaughter their victims, and army-building lists allowing for Hybrid and Brood Brother cultists drawn from the Astra Militarum;
- formations that make use of both the Genestealer Cults and Astra Militarum ranges, with notes on the wargear that Genestealer Cults scavenge and use for their own sinister ends;

And from Atia

Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release. Med_gallery_79873_10492_248992

Edit more leak pictures:

Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release. IA0Kqhl
Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release. RBJIof3
Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release. FBoTyhr
Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release. NQrvzt7

Edit 2: Contents

Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release. 1474822301725
Back to top Go down
Causalis
Kabalite Warrior
Causalis

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release.   Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02 2016, 12:16

Did anyone buy the codex and could tell me if there is any fluff in it about the Adeptus Mechanicus? There's definitely artwork in there how the Magus outfitted his sceptre with Ad Mech bits.

I think especially the followers of the Omnissiah would have a bone to pick with the Cult. Their symbol, the cog with the Tyranid sign, is enough to trigger any Tech-Priest already. But taking over their machinery is like extra heretical heresy.

Also, loosing a Forgeworld to these dudes is HUGE. A single forgeworld supplies a whole sector with vehicles, guns, ammo etc.

It would also be interesting to see how the Cult actually spreads on a forgeworld. They can't just ascend into higher military ranks because each and every Skitarius has brain implants that shackles him to the will of their Tech-Priests. It would even be hard to just disguise as a normal citizen, because most of them get some implants and enhancements to help them at doing their jobs. And if they start to cut open a hybrid, just to realise that that thing isn't human, they would kill it and start with investigations etc.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release.   Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02 2016, 14:55

A Genestealer Cult took over a Forgeworld? When did that happen? Is that mentioned in their codex?
Back to top Go down
Causalis
Kabalite Warrior
Causalis

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release.   Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02 2016, 18:03

Quote :
A Genestealer Cult took over a Forgeworld? When did that happen? Is that mentioned in their codex?

It's in the preview video from Spikey Bitz. In the section where you can see the concept art for all the different Cults and their different colours. Each of those came with an artwork of a scepter that was outfitted with parts from the army they took over. For example with a vox caster of a commissar from the Imperial Guard or with parts from a Tech-Priest and cogs etc.

Personally, I think it would be a bit ridiculous if the Genestealer Cult fluff would confirm that they took over a forgeworld. Forgeworld Ryza is currently battling TWO Waaaghs at once(!) without being overrun and destroyed. They are also infinitely more valuable than any normal planet of the Imperium (except for maybe the homeworlds of the Space Marines), since there are only a few hundred Forgeworlds at best and those are the sole suppliers for all the machinery and weaponry of the Imperium. So if the Cult manages to take down a Forgeworld that would mean that a whole sector would be cut off from (re)supplies.

I could however see, why the Cult could grow on a Forgeworld. In the video where the developers talk about the Genestealer Cult they say that their followers are very eager to work (thus gaining trust) and are seen as model-citizens. Diligence is a trademark of the Ad Mech and they would be pleased to see some hard workers. But at the same time Tech-Priests are the Archons of the Imperium. They are always in some sort of political feud and have to keep their underlings at bay whilst simultaneously trying to bribe/blackmail/assassinate their way further to the top. There are tons of spies on every Forgeworld and it would take some Mary-Sue-Esque luck and insight to avoid being detected.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release.   Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Codex: Genestealer Cults confirmed for Saturday release.
Page 1 of 1