THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Versus Genestealer Cults

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Crokadilla
Hellion
Crokadilla

Versus Genestealer Cults Empty
PostSubject: Versus Genestealer Cults   Versus Genestealer Cults I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17 2018, 22:03

Greetings fellow Archons,

I don't know if any of you have seen this yet, but some new rules were recently leaked for Genestealer Cults, the most powerful of which is a Warlord Trait that allows the Patriarch and one of it's units to get an automatic 6 on the Ambush, basically meaning that on turn 2 our ravager blob or raider transport will get a bunch of genestealers dropped 1" away from it, basically meaning they are guaranteed to be shredded. In addition, any screens we deploy are likely to get broken by the ambushing Neophytes - they only have to break a single hole in order to give the genestealers space to move through it. In addition, they will probably have a unit of devourer Tormagaunts deepstriking from under a Trygon as well. We do have AoV if they attempt to shoot again, but that is still going to be a lot of things to deal with that we can't shoot at and whittle down beforehand. Then there are Flyrants and possibly Hiveguard to deal with, all while having hordes of crickets charge up from the front lines. I'm sure there is a way to deal with this, but as it seems like so much at once it will be dicey. My playing group has a couple homebrewed rules as well, and one of them is that we don't use the 50% deepstrike only rule, so it is quite possible for his entire force to pop up around me.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

Versus Genestealer Cults Empty
PostSubject: Re: Versus Genestealer Cults   Versus Genestealer Cults I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20 2018, 21:15

Screen of 20 prophets of flesh Wracks with A haemonculus holding the Vexator Mask behind them.
For the deepstrike stuff, I like a 20 strong unit of Ulthwe guardians behind the wracks with a farseer using "Forewarned" to shoot whatever drops too close. Playing without the deepstrike inhibition means you can place your ravagers in deepstrike leaving him only rubbish targets to charge

Or use 3 razorwing jets turned sideways as your front line, they can't move over the bases or charge the flyers so they would have to shoot them down (use LFR) to block them. Always opt for turn 2 against ambush heavy army's like that in my opinion and try to deploy way back to force the none deepstrike element of the army to be separated.
Back to top Go down

Versus Genestealer Cults
Page 1 of 1