THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Alternate DL Trueborn idea

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

Alternate DL Trueborn idea Empty
PostSubject: Alternate DL Trueborn idea   Alternate DL Trueborn idea I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08 2011, 11:12

I thinking about getting some guardians to use for FW corsair kit, so I was thinking of something to do with the leftover weapon platforms.

I thought it would be interesting to mount darklances on some for dark lance trueborn. I was thinking 2 platforms w/ warriors firing pintle darklances and one warrior pointing at targets. The venom would have chains, with magnets, to tow the weapon platforms, like transport planes towed gliders in WWII. I'll probably convert corsairs from warriors instead of guardians, nicer base model, but I could still get grav platforms from ebay or something.

Any thoughts on this idea?
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DL Trueborn idea   Alternate DL Trueborn idea I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09 2011, 00:07

I think it would be a great idea, if you can make it fit the rules. It's a terrific concept. You could also magnetize the gun mount and who knows, one day stick a Void Lance or a Reaper's Storm Vortex Projector on it instead. I know DE don't have heavy weapons platforms, but it could be fun to try.

So, if the Venom is towing it, it counts as embarked and cannot be targeted? And then once disembarked, the two crew could be targeted individually as per regular warriors?

What about Scourges as a base for Corsairs? Put the FW gear on them?

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DL Trueborn idea   Alternate DL Trueborn idea I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09 2011, 05:35

I like the idea - probably would need to clarify with an opponent as far as drawing LoF (I'd say just do it from the 'operator's position, less issues that way - but visually I think it would be awesome, and modeling a DE weapon platform would probably be a lot of fun. I like the towing idea too.

Back to top Go down
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DL Trueborn idea   Alternate DL Trueborn idea I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09 2011, 19:41

If I can get them seated or kneeling on platform the eye height would be about the same.

The platforms from the guardians are smaller then the support platforms, so the heavier weapons should be on larger platform.

The forgeworld kit comes with wings, head, and weapons. The torso on scourges is made for the scourge wings, and the corsair wings may not fit on right. The scourge legs from a bitstore, or raider rider legs, would be good. I'm waiting for the rules to come out in IA11. If there bad I'll make some alternate scourges, if the rules are good, or sound different and fun, I'll get around 30 to start a corsair army. If its the first I probably will base them on scourges. Scourge box, 1 warrior box, 1 conversion kit, & few extra weapons = 15 scourges, not much more then standard scourges.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DL Trueborn idea   Alternate DL Trueborn idea I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alternate DL Trueborn idea
Page 1 of 1