THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Trueborn Conversions Idea (Am I barking up the wrong tree?)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rob Anyone
Slave
Rob Anyone

Trueborn Conversions Idea (Am I barking up the wrong tree?)  Empty
PostSubject: Trueborn Conversions Idea (Am I barking up the wrong tree?)    Trueborn Conversions Idea (Am I barking up the wrong tree?)  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13 2013, 15:23

So I've finally bitten the bullet and decided to making some decent headway on my Dark Eldar army (my first army in about 9 years absence from the hobby). I was looking at running some blasterborn  and like the idea of converting  Eldar rangers into Trueborn for some vairety. What I can't decided is whether the blaster conversion done by somone else (first link) looks good or not? My plan is add some touches as in the second link to make the models more like the rest of my fledgling army.

Comments and alternative suggestions gratefully received!  
Rob

http://kael-din.com/http://kael-din.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/All_rangers.jpg
http://hard-liners.blogspot.co.uk/2011/08/kalabite-trueborn-mod.html
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Trueborn Conversions Idea (Am I barking up the wrong tree?)    Trueborn Conversions Idea (Am I barking up the wrong tree?)  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13 2013, 16:22

I have always absolutely loved Kriswithak's Blasterborn conversions and would have done the same if I hadn't already invested so much in my own. The fact that they are now in resin makes it so much easier, though pricey. I would say go for it, for sure.

The Splinterborn from Hard-Liners look better than K's though, and I like the fact that H-L swapped out the CWE helmet for a DE head.

Would really like to see yours when they are done. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Trueborn Conversions Idea (Am I barking up the wrong tree?)    Trueborn Conversions Idea (Am I barking up the wrong tree?)  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15 2013, 13:25

Hadn't thought about this, it really seems to work well - try it Smile

Try adding some of the pouches and bits from the Scourges and Hellions kits.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Rob Anyone
Slave
Rob Anyone

PostSubject: Re: Trueborn Conversions Idea (Am I barking up the wrong tree?)    Trueborn Conversions Idea (Am I barking up the wrong tree?)  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16 2013, 11:01

Thanks for the kind words.
I couldn't decide whether the modified blasters looked 'right'. I'm definitely going to press on down this avenue.

Sky Serpent - I hadn't thought of using bits from those kits, good shout Smile. I was planning to use bits from the warriors frame to add spiky stuff and make them look a lot darker.

Gobsmakked - I totally agree with the head swap it's such a simple but effective touch. Having not really used resin due to my long warhammer absence I'm itching to give it a go. As for showing you the finished article, I'll be hopefully starting a project log soon to cover my army's progress and they'll make and appearance in that, once I get hold of the kits (first need to get my head round uploading images).

Cheers
Rob
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trueborn Conversions Idea (Am I barking up the wrong tree?)    Trueborn Conversions Idea (Am I barking up the wrong tree?)  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trueborn Conversions Idea (Am I barking up the wrong tree?)
Page 1 of 1