THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Looking at building a dark eldar army

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
suppadave
Slave
suppadave

Looking at building a dark eldar army Empty
PostSubject: Looking at building a dark eldar army   Looking at building a dark eldar army I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07 2016, 10:57

Hey all,

Currently on the back end of finishing my guard army and have been looking for my next project.  Honestly dark eldar seem the most interesting (considering every one does space marines, tau and eldar).

So my current list I am looking at for 2000pts is:

HQ:
Archeon  - 125pts
-shadowfield
-agoniser

Elite:
4 incubi - 160pts
Upgraded one to Klaivex ( archeon to be put in this squad).
Dedicated transport Raider - 70pts
- night sheilds

Troops

4 squads of (420pts):
Kalablite warriors in a venom with splinter cannon upgrade. (105pts each)

Fast attack

Razorwing jetfighter - 140pts
- 2 dark lances

- 2 desintergrator cannons
- splinter cannon upgrade

Scourges - 140pts
- 5 scourges with 4 blaster upgrades

Heavy support
3 x Ravanger
- 3 dark lances

Formation Grotesquerie

Haemonculus - 95pts
- Agoniser upgrade

2 squads of Grotesques - 195pts each
3 grots with one upgraded to Aberration with a agoniser mounted in raiders (with no upgrades).

Currently have 15 pts to spare which could upgrade some raiders to dark lances if recommended.

Honestly chasing some feed back.  I was quite excited about the raider with splinter racks until I read the FAQ which basically seems no fun.

Coming from a guard perspective I see how easy I have had it as a single unit can fill many roles.  However here not so much.

Any help would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Looking at building a dark eldar army   Looking at building a dark eldar army I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07 2016, 13:40

Looks quite good. I have not been a fan of the Incubi recently, but YMMV.

I vote for putting Night Shields on both Grot raiders (using that 15 pts, and taking it off the Incubi). Grots will be your main hammer here
Back to top Go down
suppadave
Slave
suppadave

PostSubject: Re: Looking at building a dark eldar army   Looking at building a dark eldar army I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08 2016, 00:35

Ok thanks for that so I have made some changes. I have dropped the incubi also taken away the leaders from the grots as both squads will have either a hemi or archeon. Is this a good idea?

Also added in 9 reavers with upgrades for extra mobility. Can be broken into smaller squads.

HQ:
Archeon - 125pts
-shadowfield
-agoniser

Troops

4 squads of (420pts):

Fast attack

- 2 dark lances

- 2 desintergrator cannons
- splinter cannon upgrade

Reavers
- 9 (3 heat lances and 3 cluster caltrops)

Scourges - 140pts
- 5 scourges with 4 blaster upgrades

Heavy support
3 x Ravanger
- 3 dark lances

Formation Grotesquerie

Haemonculus - 95pts
- Agoniser upgrade

2 squads of Grotesques - 175pts each
3 grots mounted in raiders (with night shields).
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Looking at building a dark eldar army   Looking at building a dark eldar army I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08 2016, 06:04

If it is at ALL possible to get Aberrations w/agonizers do so. s5, ap3, poison, rampage is pretty damn potent.
Back to top Go down
Cherrycoke
Kabalite Warrior
Cherrycoke

PostSubject: Re: Looking at building a dark eldar army   Looking at building a dark eldar army I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08 2016, 19:25

I like your second list, the only point's I would make is, I would take lances on both your Jetwings as flyer vs flyer is the only half decent way we have to deal with air.

I would then take haywire blasters on the scourge as personally I just think haywire is just unbelievable at stripping down HP.

I would also then swap lances out for disintergrators on the Ravagers, as with 3 lance shots I tend to miss 2 reliably while with disintergrators, you can afford a few bad rolls with 9 dice each and still do a lot of damage.

Overall I like your 2nd list, you've basically avoided all our terrible things and stuck to things that work.
Back to top Go down
suppadave
Slave
suppadave

PostSubject: Re: Looking at building a dark eldar army   Looking at building a dark eldar army I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10 2016, 05:37

It looks like I can only use this if I use the realspace raiders detachment.

Is it worth taking that to take the unit of reavers or just get rid of the reavers and take a large squad of scourges and putting shields on raiders?
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Looking at building a dark eldar army   Looking at building a dark eldar army I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10 2016, 21:03

Reavers are one of our best units (along with Grotesques, Venoms, Scourges). I would recomend dropping the Razorwing before you drop the reavers.

Usually the Objective Secured on our troops is our one saving grace. For 105 pts we get a very fast, super shooty unit that in an emergency can flat out and steal objectives from the enemy. I would not loose that just for 1 extra FA slot.

My $0.02
Back to top Go down
suppadave
Slave
suppadave

PostSubject: Re: Looking at building a dark eldar army   Looking at building a dark eldar army I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11 2016, 12:49

So again another review:

HQ:
Archeon - 125pts
-shadowfield
-agoniser

Troops

4 squads of (420pts):

Fast attack

- 2 dark lances

Scourges - 210pts
- 10 scourges with 4 blaster upgrades
- solarite upgrade

7 reavers - 196pts
2 cluster caltrops
2 special weapons either blaster or heatlance

Heavy support
3 x Ravanger
- 3 dark lances

Formation Grotesquerie

Haemonculus - 95pts
- Agoniser upgrade

2 squads of Grotesques - 195pts each
3 grots with one upgraded to Aberration with a agoniser mounted in raiders (nightshields).

Really appreciate the feedback so far.
Back to top Go down
StreetsAhead
Hellion
StreetsAhead

PostSubject: Re: Looking at building a dark eldar army   Looking at building a dark eldar army I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11 2016, 14:13

I'd drop 5 unkitted scourges from the list, add in 2 more reavers (upgrade with CC for sure, a special weapon if you please). Not sure how many points would be left over, but you could throw in some mandrakes to fill out the list, or maybe take a court to get an extra venom. Possibly ditch the shadow field for Armor of Misery assuming the Archeon is going with the grots.
Back to top Go down
suppadave
Slave
suppadave

PostSubject: Re: Looking at building a dark eldar army   Looking at building a dark eldar army I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11 2016, 14:29

Yea the Archon is sitting with the grots.

How would 9 reavers go? Seems like a massive target and could get a bit large for small areas.
Back to top Go down
StreetsAhead
Hellion
StreetsAhead

PostSubject: Re: Looking at building a dark eldar army   Looking at building a dark eldar army I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11 2016, 15:17

They would most certainly be a target. I've seen people run 3 units of 3 in small point games, so I imagine spacing wouldn't be all that big an issue. I only say bump it up to 9 because, 1. Scourges are good because of the special weapons, without, they are essentially overpriced jump pack dudes (min squads are optimal from a cost benefit standpoint), and reavers are best taken in 3s because of the upgrades.

The flip side to taking 9 would be to drop down to 6 and use the points spent on that extra reaver and 5 scourges on something else.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Looking at building a dark eldar army   Looking at building a dark eldar army I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11 2016, 17:47

If you are facing a lot of Tau/White Scars/Ignores Cover enemies than 9 man reaver squads have "kill me" written all over them.

If you are actually able to make use of your 3+ jink, then they are fine. I would love a 9 man squad with 3 caltrops and maybe 1 heat lance (to scare tanks, not actually kill them).

I will also say that scourges are best kept at 5man minimum squads. No point in the extra cost without the extra heavy weapons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking at building a dark eldar army   Looking at building a dark eldar army I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking at building a dark eldar army
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: