THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Help my talos are nearly loose

Go down 
+5
Seshiru
StreetsAhead
fisheyes
Jimsolo
Grumpy eldar
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

Help my talos are nearly loose - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help my talos are nearly loose   Help my talos are nearly loose - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15 2016, 13:19

Haywire does not auto roll on damage. It's a glance on a 2-5, a pen (at ap -) on a 6.

Hellion
Grumpy eldar

PostSubject: Re: Help my talos are nearly loose   Help my talos are nearly loose - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15 2016, 13:25

Gotcha, so haywire easily takes hull points. Heat lance more chance to really hurt vehicle
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Help my talos are nearly loose   Help my talos are nearly loose - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15 2016, 13:56

Yes that. 5 TL hwb shots at bs3 should remove a little over 3 hullpoints a turn. And that's into 5+ cover.

HL are a little more go big or go home. With less average HP removed but a much higher chance of just blowing the vehicle up.

Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Help my talos are nearly loose   Help my talos are nearly loose - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15 2016, 14:41

People/Archons, lets please keep in mind that we are now talking about a DA rather than just a Talos. With the DA, the heat lance is just plain better at AT because you are guaranteed to be within melta range, and to be facing back armour.

But to do this attack, you are completely missing out on the Chronos S3 AP3 flamer. Next turn you should be charging (since you are within melta range) regardless, and THAT would be the time to multi-charge and attempt to run down the infantry squad and Smash the tank.

At least in my opinion. YMMV
Back to top Go down
Seshiru
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Help my talos are nearly loose   Help my talos are nearly loose - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15 2016, 21:49

If you are going to use more pain engines (with the dark artisan) then you may want to make the haemy the warlord and just deploy it at the start of the game to maximize the built in warlord trait that you get with the formation (all pain engines within 12" re-roll 1s for FNP). Combined with the Chronos improving FNP to a 4+ it makes for an excellent anvil.

But in that case I would definitely go splinter cannons on the tallos.

Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Help my talos are nearly loose   Help my talos are nearly loose - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17 2016, 16:01

Lol, this is the one time I actually disagree with you (and myself I guess). If you have an individual Talos following your DA, I think the heat lance is the better option.

Yes the SC has more range, but the talos needs to get into position to do its CC work. To me, this means that you will be running for most of the game. But then when you get close, you have this massive "kill me" target in your 125 pt model, rather than your 350 pt DA (which is providing those sweet FnP bonuses).

Unfortunately I have not yet run this list, but it has been created and I will inform you guys when I finally run it (although looks to be weeks away still Sad )
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Help my talos are nearly loose   Help my talos are nearly loose - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18 2016, 12:44

I only used it once and dropped it in the back field of a Crimson Fists player. Totally wrecked him. It soaked up so much enemy fire that the rest was safe.

PostSubject: Re: Help my talos are nearly loose   Help my talos are nearly loose - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help my talos are nearly loose
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2