THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Embarked units loose Traits?

Go down 
+4
dumpeal
Sarcron
fisheyes
velaresh
8 posters
AuthorMessage
velaresh
Hellion
velaresh

Embarked units loose Traits? Empty
PostSubject: Embarked units loose Traits?   Embarked units loose Traits? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18 2020, 14:57

Can DT be used, with units in transports? According to rulebook, embarked units cannot use abilities.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Embarked units loose Traits?   Embarked units loose Traits? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18 2020, 17:41

Yes it can be used, otherwise Flayed Skull re-rolls of rapid fire weapons for units embarked inside transports would not work.

The RAI is that the Archon re-roll bubble does not work while the Archon is inside the transport.
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Embarked units loose Traits?   Embarked units loose Traits? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18 2020, 19:31

I would argue that any subfaction trait isn't an ability, nor are you targeting the unit inside the transport, so yes, you can definitely use it inside a transport.
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Embarked units loose Traits?   Embarked units loose Traits? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18 2020, 20:44

fisheyes wrote:
Yes it can be used, otherwise Flayed Skull re-rolls of rapid fire weapons for units embarked inside transports would not work.

The RAI is that the Archon re-roll bubble does not work while the Archon is inside the transport.

But the Flayed Skull is not an activated ability. It's always active. Dark technomancer needs to be activated. I'm not sure you can do that in transport.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Embarked units loose Traits?   Embarked units loose Traits? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19 2020, 13:51

If you want to play it that way, go ahead. Personally I dont think there is a difference between "always active" and "activatable", but people more knowledgeable than I may disagree.

Honestly, I dont think we need any further hanicaps Razz
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Embarked units loose Traits?   Embarked units loose Traits? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19 2020, 19:34

As mentioned, the Dark Technomancers ability is a trait that is always on. You activate it when you shoot. Since being open-topped allows the unit to shoot, then you should be able to active the trait, since the requirements for the activation are met (that is, shooting). Being embarked doesn't cause the embarked unit to stop being Dark Technomancers.
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Embarked units loose Traits?   Embarked units loose Traits? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19 2020, 19:59

dumpeal wrote:
fisheyes wrote:

But the Flayed Skull is not an activated ability. It's always active. Dark technomancer needs to be activated. I'm not sure you can do that in transport.

What's the difference between the flayed skull re-roll 1's and dark technomancer buffs that only one of them is 'activated'? They're both always on
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Embarked units loose Traits?   Embarked units loose Traits? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19 2020, 23:30

Sarcron wrote:
dumpeal wrote:
fisheyes wrote:

What's the difference between the flayed skull re-roll 1's and dark technomancer buffs that only one of them is 'activated'? They're both always on

Dark Technomancers isn't actually always on. You can choose to enhance a weapon when you fire it if the model shooting has the DT trait.
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Embarked units loose Traits?   Embarked units loose Traits? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20 2020, 23:21

Burnage wrote:
Sarcron wrote:
dumpeal wrote:
fisheyes wrote:

Dark Technomancers isn't actually always on. You can choose to enhance a weapon when you fire it if the model shooting has the DT trait.

Oh damn, yeah. Completely forgot it was an optional thing unlike the others.

Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Embarked units loose Traits?   Embarked units loose Traits? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21 2020, 01:18

Yes you can, and yes you can take the MW's. Remember weapons has abilities too, if this didn't work then all weapon abilities wouldn't work.
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Embarked units loose Traits?   Embarked units loose Traits? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26 2020, 11:00

An advice: don't do that, with no ability at all. The faq changes nothing from the 8th, no one were playing that in 8th, so just don't do that until a specific errata will coming out.
Just an advice Smile
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Embarked units loose Traits?   Embarked units loose Traits? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26 2020, 13:18

Cerve wrote:
An advice: don't do that, with no ability at all. The faq changes nothing from the 8th, no one were playing that in 8th, so just don't do that until a specific errata will coming out.
Just an advice Smile

Other armies with similar abilities were faqed and yes people in 8th did do this and played it so you take MW's while in transports. (go look at Admech and Tau faqs). Also if you shoot at armor that reflects MW's (like in Necrons, and another army I forget the 2nd one) you still take MW's while in transports.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Embarked units loose Traits?   Embarked units loose Traits? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Embarked units loose Traits?
Page 1 of 1