THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Inter-Kabal Writing

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

Inter-Kabal Writing - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inter-Kabal Writing   Inter-Kabal Writing - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09 2016, 13:13

Thanks @ynneadwraith. I will also start working on getting something down on paper.
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Inter-Kabal Writing   Inter-Kabal Writing - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09 2016, 13:15

Good stuff Smile

Where do you think's the best place for it?

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Inter-Kabal Writing   Inter-Kabal Writing - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09 2016, 14:23

Sorry for not posting much I've been sick pretty much all week and it hit me really hard yesterday so I've been in a state of take medicine sleep, wake up, take more medicine and go back to sleep.

I like what you guys have been doing so far with this though. I'll comment more when I'm in a state that lets me think clearly.

Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Inter-Kabal Writing   Inter-Kabal Writing - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09 2016, 14:46

Not fun Rhivan! Get well soon Smile

In hindsight, after drafting it out, I think the addition of 'Renown' is probably a needless level of complication.

I vote stick with Slave Points being the default currency.

Edit: I'd like to get some input on the value of Painting & Modelling and balancing it against Realspace Raids.

How many SPs do you think would be likely to be gathered from your average game?

Would you think 1SP per model painted, and 3SP for a Monstrous Creature/vehicle, be fair? Trying to keep it simple in not assigning individual SP values for various units.

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Inter-Kabal Writing   Inter-Kabal Writing - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09 2016, 14:58

How's this for an opening post?

Quote :
Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Inter-Kabal Rivalry Thread!

Fisheyes, Rhivan, Cavash and myself thought it might be fun if we set up a sort of inter-kabal competition/rivalry/fluff-interaction/thing and we were wondering if anyone else wanted to join Smile

The game is simple.

During Realspace Raids, keep a track of the units you destroy. These captives are dragged kicking and screaming to the depths of Commorragh Smile We've come up with a simple system/game to keep a track of your kabal's various successes, and add some tactics into the league table.

The story begins with your Archon requisitioning his army from the friendly neighbourhood Haemonculus. For every unit in your army, add 1 Slave Point to your tally. You'll have 3 Realspace Raids to pay this back to the Haemonculus or face the consequences!

But how do I do this?! You ask...

That's where “Fisheyes Slave Trade System v3.0<sup>TM</sup>” comes in:

Spoiler:

But what if I don't have an army to play with yet?! I hear you cry...

Well, you can also progress in the rankings through Painting & Modelling. For every unit that you finish (painted and based), you get 1 SP! Monstrous Creatures and vehicles are worth 3 SPs.

Also, if you complete your Monthly Vow you'll net yourself 3 SP and purple text!

The kabal with the largest quantity of Slaves wins!

So, without further delay, let the games begin!

Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Inter-Kabal Writing   Inter-Kabal Writing - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09 2016, 17:01

I like it but I have some questions I just thought of. What about Elites and Vehicles? Do Vehicles cost SP to repair? If so how much? Another point is shouldn't Elites cost more to bring back sense they are Elite?

How are we going to handle allies in this?

And finally are we going to include conversions with painting? I'm simply curious about this Rolling Eyes as I've been able to do a fair amount of one but... I don't have any money or practice for the other...

Closing thoughts: This has been a bit of a departure from my idea of adding more Lore and RP to our kabals and the Dark City (I'd love to work on that as well) but this seems like it has a lot of potential and fun (Not to mention it'll probably reach more people in the dark city)

OH last thought, what are we going to call this system? Inter-Kabal Rivalry? The Slave Games? Realspace Raiding?

fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Inter-Kabal Writing   Inter-Kabal Writing - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09 2016, 17:58

I like the progress on here since I last checked.

TBH, I dont think we should be having to pay for EVERY unit that needs resurrection, since there should be plenty of kabalites,etc to take the place of any fallen "comrade". I highly doubt that a haemunculi would put the effort in resurrecting a fallen Grotesquery (but would definitely want to repair a pain engine).

For the resurrection, how about we keep it simple for HQs and other ICs?

Transports shouldent cost extra SP, they are the same unit as the warriors (for example) that they are bought with.

@Rhivan, this will just get us a nice place to start the fluff. I am already starting on a little story to introduce my Kabal/Coven Very Happy And as things progress, I imagine our forces may meet....

I can take or leave the Renown. Maybe leave it out for now and add it back later once we get this thing going?

I think this should be under Realspace Raids (Bat Reps)
Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Inter-Kabal Writing   Inter-Kabal Writing - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09 2016, 18:44

Quote :
TBH, I don't think we should be having to pay for EVERY unit that needs resurrection,
Agreed, although maybe later on we could add a benefit for doing so in certain scenarios? Oh we should make all sergeants need to be resurrected though.

Quote :
For the resurrection, how about we keep it simple for HQs and other ICs?
HQs, ICs, Sergeants, I'd say Trueborn, and Pain Engines, (Possibly Scourge they're valuable too lore wise), although I'm willing to negotiate on this.

Quote :
Transports shouldent cost extra SP, they are the same unit as the warriors (for example) that they are bought with.
It seems like Transports would cost currency, but at the same time I don't think there is a way for us to be able to make GAINS if we lose transports (Which we will) so I'm for them being free from the system.

Quote :
@Rhivan, this will just get us a nice place to start the fluff. I am already starting on a little story to introduce my Kabal/Coven Very Happy And as things progress, I imagine our forces may meet....
More to look forward too!

Quote :
I can take or leave the Renown. Maybe leave it out for now and add it back later once we get this thing going?
We can scrap it for now but I really like the concept as you can be rich but have terrible reputation.

Perhaps we can steal from Mario Party and have Renown a lot harder to get usually costing X Slave points but being worth more to winning in the competition, but the cost is you won't be able to trade them back for SP, so your more likely to win, but a greater chance of going bankrupt and being taken out of the race.

A way we can run the Renown + SP system is like this
So Let's say you get 15 SP for a raid and you decide to give 10 (Let's say 10 SP = 1 renown) slaves to a Wych cult to get the renown, you only have the option to do this with fresh slaves. So you get renown to further yourself in the race, but now you have less to spend on healing your units and going into debt.

Watcha guys think? We keep renown, and we give incentive to get rid of SP, we can also tie in betting on expensive enemy units give renown to the person purchasing the elite unit that was captured, while giving the person selling SP. This gives incentive on buying and selling said units.

Quote :
I think this should be under Realspace Raids (Bat Reps)
Agreed it should be under Realspace Raids for the batraps, but we should probably have something in the general forum for keeping track of points if we can have people get points from things besides batraps. and possibly the Workshops (Don't know which) for finishing painting (and converting if we choose to add that too)

So what are we calling this system? I mentioned this in my last post and I gave some ideas like: The Slave Games for instance. Sense we will need to call this SOMETHING when people are participating and can refer to it in the forums.

fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Inter-Kabal Writing   Inter-Kabal Writing - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09 2016, 20:02

I am good with The Slave Games as our name for this.

I agree that transports should cost SP, but I know that I loose 5-8 each game. Would be really hard to make work.

@Rhivan, lets keep it to just SP for now, and add in the Renown later.

I will try to get a game in this weekend to kick things off, and attempt to post up something shortly thereafter. FYI, I need 11 SP to start (since we are going with the 1SP/unit), so that is what I am borrowing from my local Coven. Yes this makes me a horrible intradimensional semi-demonic space elf pirate Razz
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Inter-Kabal Writing   Inter-Kabal Writing - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10 2016, 18:45

Hmmm, not sure on the Slave Games tbh. Not sure why, but doesn't quite capture it.

I vote it should do what it says on the tin: Inter-Kabal Rivalry.

Agreed that our units are a little fragile to be paying for destroyed transports as well as their squad. I vote having the squad and the transport count as one unit for the purpose of bringing them back. Still think we should be able to bring back more points from games that went well to stay in the black. 1SP per model killed in CC and 2SP per squad killed at range seem generous enough Smile

On the renown front, it was more that when I tried to explain it it seemed overly complicated for someone else coming into it, and it wouldn't actually change much removing it.

We can always add it in later Smile I've got a little idea for having 'events' that happen every now and again with various repercussions, so we could introduce it then Smile

Just let me know when we're happy with how things are and I'll make the post Smile

Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Inter-Kabal Writing   Inter-Kabal Writing - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19 2016, 16:42

So I have posted the first installment of this new game here, mostly as a proof-of-concept.

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14675-2k-slave-games-csm-vs-de-necron

Please comment, and let me know what I can do to improve this for next time!
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Inter-Kabal Writing   Inter-Kabal Writing - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23 2016, 12:31

Glad to see the Slave Games is getting some interest Smile

Just to clarify Fisheyes, from your game you're keeping all 16 SPs?

From my understanding, any units that died you'd have to pay to resurrect to use in the next game (or is that what you're doing?)

From a tallying point of view, it would be easier to keep track of if you paid to resurrect your units directly after a game. That would leave you with 13 SPs to do with as you wish Smile congrats on only losing 3 units though Wink nicely done...

Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Inter-Kabal Writing   Inter-Kabal Writing - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24 2016, 04:43

I'm with Ynnead on this one, unless you don't resurrect your units at all and purchase "fresh" ones next game.

Finally commented on it a day late. My first report is either going to be a kill team game or Apocalypse game... Should be fun! I'll definatley rack up some points but... I'm gonna need a big loan.

Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Inter-Kabal Writing   Inter-Kabal Writing - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24 2016, 10:28

Excellent! Go big or go home Wink

Hmmm, how should we cost Kill Team games? 1SP per model?

Back to top Go down
Ghuss'ahr
Slave
Ghuss'ahr

PostSubject: Re: Inter-Kabal Writing   Inter-Kabal Writing - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 26 2017, 20:23

Can I join in........?
Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Inter-Kabal Writing   Inter-Kabal Writing - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 27 2017, 18:22

Of course, the Slave Games has itself sticky(d) on the Battle Reports section, if you want to do the actual writing part originally intended for this thread I'm totally fine with that as well Smile

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inter-Kabal Writing   Inter-Kabal Writing - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inter-Kabal Writing
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3